Posts by Noisenet

When I see talk of the Kemper Profiler and profiling in general it's usually based around the accuracy of how it creates profiles and of course that's as it should be. What I rarely or even never see discussed is how amazing the tools built into the Kemper OS can be not only with regard to refining these profiles, but in making some pretty big changes & transforming the profile into something new and, sometimes, even better - so that the actual profile is just the starting point. I mean, I get it it that the whole point of the profiling process is so that we can have digital versions of the amps we love and have them all in one place, with the ability to instantly recall them at the touch of a switch (or two).

But I believe that ending the discussion there kind of sells the Kemper short. Previously, but especially after the addition of Liquid Profiling, it's entirely possible (and easy) to craft an amp with the sound and feel of an amp we love but with some characteristics of another amp.

Here's an example - I have a Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 with a custom modification from Voodoo Amps that I really love. The mods are built around my playing style and feel, and it's just fantastic for me. I also, however, love the sound and feel of a cranked Plexi type amp - how the tone controls affect the tone of the amp when it's really cranked up.

A few days ago I wondered what it might sound like to graft the tone/gain stack of such a Plexi type amp onto my beloved DSL & then do some additional tweaking as I would in the control room of a studio; so I decided to give it a try and made a video of the process. I gotta say, it turned out even cooler than I'd hoped it would. It still has the underlying DNA of my DSL but it's also got the string clarity I get with a well tweaked Plexi as well as some of the squish while maintaining the balls, drive and girth of a modern 100 tube amp. I used it last night on a gig for the first time and it worked extremely well!

BTW - in the video I was kinda focused on a heavy kinda sound but this same technique (for lack of a better term - is this really even a technique?) can work with any type of sound while preserving the underlying tone of the original amp.

Check it out - see what you think. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have and use a few of Electro Harmonix' 9 series pedals (the Synth9, B9, Key9 and Mel9). I use these by running them through a Midi capable loop switcher and into the effects loop in the KPA - then assigned to one of the effects slots. This way, depending on the song, whatever patch I call up sends a Midi channel message to the loop switcher, turning on the loop for whichever of these pedals I need for that particular sound. This way I can also turn the effect on & off with one of the buttons on the remote.

These effects generally sound best when run without any amp profiling happening. For some use cases it works great to have a patch set up with the Stack section turned off. For others though, such as when I just need to switch one of those pedals in for a quick little part (think PYT from Michael Jackson, the little synth line in the chorus) it works better to just step on the button assigned to that effects slot, play the line, then hit it again to get out of it. For this kind of use, it sure would be useful if I could also program that button on the remote to turn off the stack section so I'm getting the synth sound clean, with no 'amp' coloration.

I know I could achieve this by just running the pedals to FOH on their own feed, but I also use a 4x12 loaded with Kemper Kones & wanna hear everything through those - AND I make fairly extensive use of the KPA's looper, including looping lines played through those pedals, so they have to go through the Kemper.

I realize mine is probably an extremely uncommon scenario but this would sure be useful!!!!!

I've used a Dynacomp in front of my KPA's for a couple years. Try as I might, I can't get any of the KPA's comps to quite match what I get from my Dynacomp in front.

Having a pedal-controlled Looper volume would be a HUGE help for me. I currently play with a 3 piece band (guitar, bass, drums) and use the Looper a LOT to fill in parts. It's great, but the problem is our drummer needs to follow the looper when it's running so he stays right with it. It gets a little difficult sometimes when other things are also going on AND he's also singing LOL! For instance - the song Separate Ways from Journey. I play the synth parts, using the Electro Harmonix Synth9 pedal, into the looper, then play guitar lines over the loops (a lot of tap dancing). It's great but sometimes, the drummer isn't hearing the loops clearly enough. Different songs require different loop levels. Here's a video of the aforementioned to get a better idea of this use case. https://fb.watch/52LF2Z9dNj/

I've been pretty close to purchasing a second Kemper Rack to use just for the Looper and 9 series pedals (these run through a midi controlled loop switcher through the effects loop and are assigned, based on song, to one of the FX slots, usually with the stack section turned off) as these are heavily used in this band, so I can have a completely separate feed from the loop to FOH and monitors so our soundman would also have control of loop volumes when he needs them (during a guitar lead when a loop's running underneath, for example). Would love an alternate solution to this most of all, but with using the pedals in the fx loop, pretty much all of the outputs of the KPA are already in use LOL! So the next best thing would be to have the looper volume on an expression pedal.

So yes - PLEASE!!!

Update, I took my cab to my amp tech (well, he's not MY amp tech, but the local guy who's basically a wizard with this stuff) and had him rewire the cab with new wire and a new jack, got it home and within 20 minutes the volume was dropping. So I know now it's not the cab.

The output of the Camplifier is 4 ohms. So it should be a perfect match. I've emailed Tilman Ritter (maker of the Camplifier) and also tagged him on a post on Facebook, hopefully he'll see it soon and be able to offer a solution, the Camplifier is less than 3 months old and has been used sparingly, and not at very loud volume...

I've taken the cabinet over to a friend's shop, dude's basically an electronics wizard, he's just gonna rewire the cab for me, that way if the issue is still there, I'll know it's not the speaker cab and can move on to another troubleshooting step.

Hi All,

A few weeks ago I bought 4 Kemper Kone speakers to put into a 4x12 cab. With this rig I'm using an unpowered head with a Camplifier power amp installed (https://digitalguitargear.com/camplifier-SHP/). Of course with the Kones the sound is so much better than running cab off through a Marshall 4x12 with traditional guitar speakers. I'm running into an issue, though, where randomly the volume will drop significantly, stay that way for a while (so I'll turn the output level up) then out of nowhere, it goes back up to it's original level.

This has only happened since I started using it with the Kemper-loaded 4x12 cab. Prior to that I was using it with a Marshall cab with WGS guitar speakers. While the sound was not as good, the volume dumps/jumps never happened.

So I'm thinking it's got to be something with my wiring right? I wired them Series/Parallel as per the instructions that came with the Kones. Testing the impedance, it reads 4.2 ohms, kinda jumping between 4.2-4.4 - So I had a friend come over the other night, who's a lot more experienced with this type of thing (licensed Master Electrician, brilliant soundman, builds PA rigs etc), he measured & got the same results I'm getting.

All the solder joints are tight, no movement whatsoever, however I'm not the best solder-er in the world so my solder joints aren't the best & there's undoubtedly too much solder on those joints - do you think that might be causing an issue with the continuity of the impedance of the signal flowing through these solder joints? That's the only thing I can think of & if that's the case could it be the amp dropping power to protect itself?

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

Recently for a new band I'm working with I'm programming a lot of sounds with fairly heavy reverbs and delays (it's a 3 piece - Guitar, Bass and Drums so I have a lot of space to fill). I'm noticing that often when I switch from one performance slot to another (within the same performance) my delay and reverb tails aren't spilling over, they're ending abruptly. Delay IS in the delay slot, likewise for Reverb in it's slot. Rig Spillover Off is NOT selected in the rig menu.

This happens with some of the more complex delays, but lately is also happening on delay's I've used since I got the Kemper, where tails DID spill over when I went to a different slot - such as with the dual delay.

Is there a setting I may have inadvertently switched without realizing it?

I'm now running the most recent KAOS release, to my recollection this started happening in 7.5.4 or at least that's what OS I was running when I noticed it.

Hi All,

I got a Camplifier today for my KPA Head so I can run a 4x12 (or two) while sending my output signal direct to the PA. I'm really digging the added flexability but quickly encountered a problem: Since I'm running through a 4x12 cab I have Monitor Cab Off selected. My problem is that if I play a loop, say, that's using the acoustic sim, if I switch do a different performance slot containing a different rig, the sound of what's playing through the looper also changes (only through the non cabbed 4x12). If I turn Monitor Cab Off to the off position, that doesn't happen, it works as expected.

I have some scenarios where I need this functionality to be correct. In the aforementioned example I record an acoustic passage, play that loop then switch to a different performance slot that contains a mildly overdriven rig tone with a ton of delay (Melody Chromatic adding octaves) and heavy Cirrus Reverb. The effects don't seem to be affecting the looped part but the different rig does for sure, to the point where it pretty much ruins the idea.

I apologize for posting about a repeat topic but didn't want to revive an old thread - I'm posting because I really hope someone's come up with a workaround for this. Anyone?

BTW - I'm on KAOS release 7.5.4

Last Friday I started a thread in the feature requests forum requesting the ability to assign the monitor EQ to the headphone output, instead of the headphone out being bound to the Mains EQ. When I came to the forum this evening I had a notification that this thread had been 'Trashed' by someone named G-String. I went to G String's profile to try to contact this person directly but "G String does not want to be added in conversations" as well as "This member limits who may view their full profile" so that's not an option.

Anyone have an idea why this would have happened?

Kinda crappy to trash a thread without giving a reason.

I feed my IEM transmitter from the Headphones output of my KPAs because I like having the ability to have the 'Space' effect in my feed. My IEM transmitter is in the rack with my Power Rack so I'm self contained - it'd be a great feature to be able to have my IEMs EQ'd separately from my FOH signal as what works for FOH doesn't always work for In Ears.

In Ear Monitor Users: How do you connect your in ears to your Kemper?

Currently I connect via the headphone output. I've been doing it this way for quite a while now iirc because the 'Space' parameter doesn't apply to the Monitor out(s) & it sounds more 'realistic' to me with Space. What I don't like, however, is that the headphone out uses the same master EQ as the mains out. I would really like the ability to EQ what's going to my ears differently from what I'm sending to FOH.

2) - I have my monitor feed (mono) running into my Kemper via the Aux In, which I then blend with the guitar in the Kemper and output directly to my in-ear receiver which is mounted in the same rack with my Kemper. I don't have my Kemper at home with me as 1) there's no space here for it (one room condo) and 2) it lives in the band's gear truck in a shock mount rack. If I switch my in ears to the Monitor outs on the Kemper and apply different EQing using the Monitor EQ, will that EO also affect the feed coming in through the Aux In > Monitor?

3) Is there a way to get the Space effect into my Monitor out without occupying one of my effect slots in my profiles?

Thanks in advance for your help!

A few weeks ago I was going through some old profiles I made shortly after getting my first Kemper. I ran across one I made of my Bugera 1960 Infinium. I ran the amp into a Suhr Reactive Load, into my DAW where I applied an IR from the Celestion Lynchback IR pack. When I made it I wasn't all that impressed but I also was new at the KPA so I didn't really know alot about using the Kempers settings to tweak it. Now I do so I did a little tweaking and really like the results. I've been using it the past few weeks at gigs as my main lead sound and it's working out great!

It's up on the rig exchange, the name is Bugera Plexi Lead. It's set up so that morphing drops back the gain a bit. I did this because I have a Dynacomp on my pedalboard for my clean sounds. When I switch from clean to lead, if the Dynacomp is on it's too gainy so I set the morph to back the gain off some for when the Dynacomp is on.

It's a pretty good sounding roaring Marshall tone, if you're into that sort of thing check it out. It's a Bugera but it'll probably surprise ya!

*Update* I've also uploaded one more suited for rhythm playing. This one's called Bugera Plexi Crunch. The morph on this one makes it work for lead playing in a less dense mix.

When I first got my Kemper I did some test profiles using my Suhr RL (non IR) and applying IRs afterwards. Some results were good, others not so much.

Last night I went back and revisited some of my profiling attempts (I've been primarily using some Tone Junkies profiles as well as a few others). I'm in a temporary living situation (small condo) so I don't have access to any of my amps for continuing profiling. But one of these really jumped out at me. It's a profile I did of a Bugera 1960 Infinium (a 100 watt Marshall Plexi clone) that I profiled from my Suhr RL and put on two separate IRs from Celestion's Lynchback IR set. When I originally created the profile (all of them in fact) it was before I really understood much about the Kemper or it's tweaking feature set. So I dove in a tweaked a few things and holy moly - that profile is a fire breathing monster! At least as far as I can tell through my Beyer Dynamic DT770 Pro headphones. I look forward to giving these a listen on Saturday's gig where we usually have adequate time to do such things (some gigs, setup and soundcheck are in a loud noisy bar environment, stuffy private party, etc....).