Posts by ljholland

I A/B my geranium fuzzes in front of my Kemper in an attempt to dial in a more accurate sound. So far, I haven't been able to create anything that sounds like a real geranium fuzz when turned down. The real pedals get the glassy tone but the Kemper doesn't. I'm not surprised - I couldn't get my Helix or Atomic to recreate that sound either. While I may be wrong, my guess is that folks that are modeling these pedals are going after the heavy fuzz sound with the guitar volume up. I've always used geranium fuzzes with the gain low and used the guitar's volume for crunch. At full guitar volume, those fuzzes just get farty...so I stack on an overdrive for the heavier tones.

I did an open mic gig yesterday with my powered Kemper running into a cabinet....and forgot to turn off the cabinet block on the amp. I spent the entire time wondering why the amp sounded so bad. It wasn't until I was packing up that I noticed the light turned on.

Sheesh....I'm a total noob.

I wish there was a setting to turn off the cabinet block automatically when a speaker is plugged in.

Is there a way to do this? All of the “wah”ing seems to happen near the heel down part of my pedals travel. I tried the two parameters but that didn’t seem to help. In the setup, I did the thing that configured the Kemper to see the full travel of the expression pedal. I watched the dial and it’s seeing the full range.

I did hear back from support (in my spam folder) and they confirmed that it’s the USB problem with Rig Manager.

Over the weekend, I was careful to disconnect the USB cable while in Performance mode and didn’t have a single crash. Also, at our 3 hour jam (with no computer) the Kemper performed without a hiccup.

I’m hoping they fix this Rig Manager bug when they put out the new release (whenever that is)

New user here. I’ve got a week left in my 30 day return period with Sweetwater and I’m considering returning my new power head and remote as I’m concerned about stability when gigging.

The head interface has been crashing. Sound comes out but the controls are unresponsive and the remote dies.

I haven’t noticed this while in browse mode, only while creating performances. The computer has been connected. I’ve seen threads that mention that the rig manager is buggy and can cause crashes.

Also - I’ve had several occasions where the remote dies but the head is still working. I’ve needed to disconnect/reconnect the remote to restart it. I’m using the official cable and not a cheap replacement.

Is the Kemper defective? Is this something that only happens while connected to a computer? If so, is there a way to avoid the crashes and/or not need to unplug and restart? Can these restarts corrupt the data on the Kemper?

I just plugged this powered kemper. It was a demo model from Sweetwater.

There is no volume at all. I then pressed output and changed Master-->Mono; Direct Volume is MAX, Power Amp boost is Max...Rig Volume is Max and the Master is Max.....it's barely a whisper.

What amp I doing wrong? Is it broken?