Posts by killtrox

Check out my toot and see if it helps...

How to Reamp Kemper with Reaper (non-SPDIF Method) Tutorial..

I don't have a 3rd input to plug into the kemper direct output, I only have a 2i2. However, looking at your tutorial it looks very similar to the setup I followed from a YouTube video for reamping in Reaper, the only issue I found was the reamped tracks sounded a bit weaker than how the profile tone sounds when I'm plugged in directly with my guitar. I found I had to boost the front end more with a pure boost, I just wasn't sure if a reamp box would help eliminate this issue ??

I currently have a focusrite scarlett 2i2 2nd gen interface and I want to reamp with my kemper, I've managed to set it up to get reamping to work but it's not the best, I have to fiddle round with boosts to get the input level of the audio sounding right and also it means I have to swap cables round when I want to reamp. I'm looking at upgrading to the komplete audio 6 mk2 so I can have it connected to spidif and reamp that way. Is it worth doing the upgrade or would I be better off just keeping the 2i2 and getting a reamp box like the DACCAPO

I'm completely obsessed with those not quite clean and not quite crunch tones that plini, intervals, david maxim micic get. From what I can gather its a combination of a decent clean amp tone with a compressor in front (I could be wrong). I have no clue where to start with a compressor to achieve this kind of tone. If anyone could point me in the right direction as for settings along with any suggested amp profiles that could get me in the ballpark of this sound that would be awesome.