Posts by ndross475

Just reading about the DSR's and from my understanding they are to be used in Celestion's Speaker MIX Pro plugin... I may have this wrong, but from a few demos I have seen and reading on the C website, you would buy an IR to load into the Kemper, a DSR if you had Speaker Mix Pro on your DAW and were using it for the Cab Sim....

DonPetersen thanks for saving the time on that experiment ....

I thought this was informative.... another "pro" advocating importance of isolation during refining...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank you all for the helpful replies... Sorry to have gone dark apparently I need to change the notification settings on my profile... In any event.

Jayson confirmed what I was thinking that the duo would be sufficient. All I will ultimately need to profile is 1 or 2 quality pre-amp plug-ins, maybe some strips, not sure that compression would be a good idea but may be interesting to try.

Scratch17 I agree starting out with a single SM57 is the way to go. I understand the "clean signal" is to be recorded. No intentions on using "effects" "tape" etc.

The reason for considering the Apollo is future-proofing. Presently I own no analog recording equipment / mixers or pre-amps, I have considered that route but also the Apollo digital route. The one thing about going the Apollo route is that once I decide I am done with it, its a pretty-easy resale.

The Rabeea video showed 2 plug-ins per channel and was pretty detailed on "how" he did it. Supporting what Jayson said, I ran his plug-ins in the processing chart and found a Mono would "maybe" cover it, but a Duo would leave breathing room.

I found the TKS video to be a good overview on the process with some great tips as well.

The pearl from both videos seems to be the "isolation" of the cab when referencing and fine tuning the profile, all 3, Rabeea, MBritt and TJ mentioned it more than once.

At the end of the day this is an unnecessary rabbit-hole, I could buy a pack or 2 of profiles and be done, I just want to see if I can do it, and learn how to do it better... Kinda like my playing, I have no vision of making a living doing it, just want to see how well I can do it.

Thanks again for all the help.

N

Thanks, I just started watching that episode.... just found it about an hour ago... he as done another and Rabeea has one out... too.. still trying to figure out how much processing power I "really" need.. I imagine its like a garage, can never be too much, but hate to park the $$ in something I dont use...

As for mixer only, would that power the mic?

I want to profile my amp collection, and looking at the Apollo line of interfaces... I am overwhelemed. For those that use the Apollo line, How many plugins do you use when actually profiling, which ones? I am trying to decide whether to buy the solo, duo, quad... i have NO intentions on mixing or recording, for now I am interested in whats needed for just making profiles. I just wonder how much processing do I need...

I plan on using 2 mics during profile. So i guess that doubles the number,,, I realize some plugins are more processor hungry than others.

I guess I am trying not to be too budget conscious and find myself short on dsp, but I also dont want a Ferrari to drive to the bus stop....

Just joined the Kemper Community, My pre-owned Kemper came with an Anvil Road Case. I don't gig so that was a bit of over kill. I am a photographer and had a LowePro bag that looked about the same size and it was a perfect fit. See pics.

These Lowepro AW bags are pricey new but can be routinely had used for $50-$75 . The Magnum AW is the one I have, which happened to be a green that was a close match to my toaster, a previous model that is similar is the Commercial AW . These are All Weather bags, but I wouldn't throw them in a swimming pool. There are different sizes so check to make sure its the size that fits your Kemper. LowePro is a quality camera bag mfr., no I don't work for them, just like their stuff and that it fit.

Hope this helps someone.