Posts by Caleidoscope

I’m not sure I can help very much but I have been using the Kemper Profiler in FL Studio 21 without any issues.

In the Audio settings I select “Profiler” as the Device, and make sure to have the sample rate at 44100 Hz.

I had both inputs 1 and 2 working as planned and the DAW sound coming back through the Kemper to headphones no problem.

I’m on a Mac so maybe that makes a difference?

I would think the sound guys would much prefer just using the outputs to FOH rather than messing with a mic, especially since the "mic'd" sound is exactly what the outputs do. To really cut down on travel weight, I would consider IEM for stage monitoring, or a Kabinet should suffice. Even similar to a Headrush 1x12 would work.

I always thought it much simpler to take the sound direct from the Kemper but there are still some non-believers out there. They insist that nothing will ever top the sound of tube amps and a cab, even though they use beat up SM57s and a 30 year old unserviced PA...

I think I'll give the unpowered Kabinet a try and I can always return it if it's not cutting it for me. I have a one-off gig before the tour so I can try it then.

Two unpowered Kones. The passive Kabinet has an output for running into another cabinet.

Ore, get a 212 cab and load it with 2 Kones.

As for a mic - you can’t close mic a Kone due to the design. It’s not meant to be close-mic’d. But…you wouldn’t want or need to. Plug what would be the mic cable into the KPA.

How would a Kone sound close mic'd? I still come across sound engineers who insist on it and don't always want to get in their way.

I did think of building my own 212 cab but the Kones aren't currently available for sale in the UK...

Hi there!

I'm going a bit round in circles over choice of cabs for gigging. I currently have a Kemper Powered Head running a 4x12 Marshall 1960AV which is wonderful but just a pain to move around! I'm going on a tour in Europe soon and wanted to downsize my setup a little bit.

I'm hoping to put the Kemper straight through the FOH and have a cab mainly for stage monitoring though I suspect a few sound engineers will insist on mic'ing the cab up.

I've thought of the Kemper Kabinet though that's only a 1x12 and I can see that opinions are a little divided on using 1x12's for gigs.

Otherwise I've seen a lot of good review about the Laney LFR 212 but I have the powered head so I'm not sure if it makes sense to have an active cab? The same goes for the new Kemper Power Kabinet... Would that make sense with the powered head?

Any suggestions or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Youtube randomly recommended me this video and I fell in love with the guitar tone! It's just so thick and creamy... Hmmm

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Would anyone have tips to achieve this kind of sound on the Kemper? Any effects or profiles that come to mind?

Hi there,

Sorry I know this has been talked to death but I searched the forum and didn't find the answer I'm looking for.

I would need to know how to record a signal out of the kemper that matches a signal coming out of a regular DI box. I've been using the "direct out" on the back of the Kemper set to "Git Analog. But my understanding is this is just your normal Hi-Z signal coming from your guitar, and not a low impedance signal you get off a DI box.

We're in the process of recording an album and for guitars we'll be sending tracks to be reamped by the sound engineer. (He has great amps, cabs and mics!). We're recording from our homes and the other guitarist is using a regular DI box recording through a Focusrite into a DAW.

I wanted to get the same kind of signal out of my Kemper so that when we send everything to the sound engineer he has an easy job of just reamping everything the same way.

I also have a Focusrite soundcard going into the same DAW (ProTools).

thanks!