Posts by ElectroFuzz

I find that using the LP Tone stack on my favorite presets is helpful even if I don't know the original settings.

These profiles are already great and in the ballpark so I might want a little more gain or a little more treble and for that it seems to work great.

As long as it is minor tweaks it's perfect, at least to my ears.

I don't know if this helps.

I play clean and edge of breakup only (nowhere near the high gains you play) but I had a similar problem, I hated how my tone broke up in an "ugly" manner. (kinda digital artifacts similar to your example)

It bothered me for years, I was faulting my sound card and monitors and... everything else in between.

Then one day I was on the Sheptone pickup site listening to demos of pickups and I noticed that most of the recordings

had the same "ugly" breakup... except for the Blue Sky model, that one sounded very smooth, so I ordered it and my problems went away.

The Blue Sky pickups are not for you they are super low output PAF style but maybe there is something similar in the high gain world.

there is a parameter in the amp section called “definition” and that can be morphed. I find that this is the first control I touch whenever a profile is a little brittle or a little dull. I also liken it to a pickup position adjuster. Dial a profile to sound good in the bridge pup and the neck will be too dark. Sound good for neck pup, bridge is too bright. A nudge on the definition allows one profile to work on both pups.

Yes that's a good start, probably definition combined with Rig volume will give similar results.

Like I said, workaround is possible but I am here for wishes, they asked and I replied.

It would cost practically nothing and it will not negatively affect no one.

:thumbup:

Just out of curiosity, what is better for you about using clean sense as opposed to the pure booster or the gain knob?

I suppose the clean sense is designed as a set and forget type of thing to balance overall volume between amps, can’t see it being added.

Let's say you have a great preset but the sound is a little bit muffled.

By boosting the clean sense you add more definition.

It sounds the same but it sticks out more a little more in the mix.

Note it's not gain, just more of the clean tone for definition.

Yes I can find a workaround but the clean sense is fast, easy and works every time.

If I could only assign the Morph pedal to..... the Clean Sense... it would be perfection for me.

I do not use pedals or effects (besides delay and Reverb)

Most of my tones are on the edge of breakup.

The only "boost" I use is the Clean Sense

It would be amazing if I could control it mid playing in case I need a little more "umph"!

:love:

I gave it a spin today and.... I didn't formed an opinion yet but I must say I enjoyed playing some of the presets and that's a big positive.

I did not expect that. It's usually listen and uninstall immediately for me but this one will get a second look for sure.

:)

Tracktion Waveform PRO 12, for me it's the greatest DAW ever created.

It doesn't emulate real hardware, it does things smarter.... all from one screen.

There is also a very capable Free version (Waveform 11 free) so give it a spin is you have time.

Mulecaster (metal body)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Coming from the Axe-FX world to Kemper I am familiar with both.

Last time I played anything from Line6 was a kidney POD.

I always read about Helix as something that's highly regarded.

I even heard from some players on The Gear Page that they went from Kemper to Helix and they are very happy.

So I gave it a spin today and I just don't get it, it just sounds terrible to me, very Lo-Fi, muffled and it doesn't sit in any mix.

Suddenly I feel like I am back in the POD days.

Maybe it's OK in live use, I don't know.

I just wonder, anyone here liking Helix?

What am I missing?

Mind you I play clean and edge of break up tones usually, nothing high gain.

I don't like any of the presets, I did dial in a Dumble and a Princeton setup that was passable but not great.

:huh:

I'm on iphone, I use a Scarlet 2i2 USB soundcard hooked up to the iphone so I now have two studio quality XLR inputs.

I also use a camera app called FilMiC PRO that picks up the USB soundcard without glitches that the regular camera app has.

I do not have info on android but there are Youtube videos out there like:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

or this

Good luck

There are a bunch of guitar players out there who are convinced that modelers suck and can't touch or even come near a real tube amp,

yet when they see that a manufacturer goes out of their way and spends money to stop the modeler, these players get a message of "it's so close we have to do something" and that's the moment that the player is willing to give the modeler a serious look.

I feel for the manufacturers, I don't have a solution for them but this kind protection idea will only hurt them even more.