Posts by graoully

Hi There

I'd like to plug a microphone into my stage. I've read the user's manual, had a look at the USB audio video from Kemper and searched for advice on this forum.

Here's what the manual says :

Recording external audio sources

Additionally, you could use the PROFILER as an audio interface for external signal sources such as a microphone.

For this application, set Record Source (Rec. Source) to “Return Inputs” on the PROFILER Head and Rack to feed the signals of the RETURN to channel USB 1, and the ALTERNATIVE IN to USB 2. Stage users should set either 1+2 Source or 3+4 Source to “Return Inputs” and feed the signals of RETURN 1 and 2 to their DAW.

So, I connected my mic to return 1 but in the output section of RM, I didn't find "rec source" shown in the video. Instead there's 1+2 Source and 3+4 Source. I guess this is the stage configuration, so I chose "Return Inputs" in 1+2 Source. I can here the voice only if I use my DAW. Is it a normal behaviour ? :/

Lately I tried something different. I wanted to transfer the rigs only (profiler + local library) and keep the stage general settings . Then I used the "restore rig manager content", and selected the last backup from the head. Surprisingly, I got a message saying "the local library will be overwritten". It turns out the rigs in "Myprofiler" didn't change.

New try : as I made a copy of these rigs in a folder of my local library, I made a copy/past in the profiler folder. Some of them were copied, but for the others, I got a message saying they were "damaged".

Any idea ?

Sorry I should have written events chronologically.

First, I tried the "Access point mode", my phone found the profiler and I had a direct link between the two devices.

Then I tried the connection through the network. As the WPS procedure didn't work, I entered the SSID and PSW manually. Then, while the profiler was connected to the WIFI (the SSID showed up on the display), Android RM didn't find it.

It works for me with the "Access Point Mode" too, but I guess it should work through the network if the stage and the android device are connected to the WIFI ? I tried, it didn't make it, RM keeps on searching for a profiler.

I tried to connect the stage to the router thanks to the WPS process. Pressing the WPS button on the stage did nothing. The light of the WPS button is not as bright as the other buttons, don't know if it's normal ?

Hi there

I plug my profiler head into a Scarlett 6i6 2nd gen. I had some trouble for month using the SPDIF (clipping), so I switched to analog (inputs 3-4 for the Scarlett). It works quite well, but time to time, the Scarlet loose my preset (3-4 input doesn't show up on the interface, so i need to add it). I asked Focusrite support. Let say guys from kemper and Native instruments support are way better. Same problem with every Scarlett software release.

Any clue ?

Hi there

I read a couple of posts about it but quite old. Simple question : assuming both have the same release, how can I transfer all my settings (including the rigs) from a head to a stage ? I guess it can be performed with RM ? At least I might backup the head rigs and restore into the stage ? I noticed some settings are slightly different on the two profilers.

My kemper is connected to a scarlett 6i6 thanks to two S/PDIF cables. I had some trouble some months ago, the sound was fine when I connected my headphone to the Kemper headphone connector, but very noisy when I connected my headphone to the scarlett headphone connector. I lowered the S/PDIF level until the noise disappeared. Since the last update, it is noisy once again. Then you understand why adjusting this level is mandatory.

Can you please post a link of this video? I'm fighting this same battle at the moment.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I watched the Kemper video. I did what they explain, enter the input menu, adjust the Clean Sens and Distortion Sens , then hit the lock button, in order to apply the setup to all the rigs. Then, all my other rigs kept their own input setup, nothing's changed !!

I'm gonna check the input functions. I can say all the rigs have a different volume, that's not only a difference between clean and overdriven. I set all the rigs over time and probably adjusted the rig volume differently.

Hi all

Is there a way to adjust the volumes of rigs at the same level (Rig manager or directly on the profiler)? I have plenty of them, set at very different levels, and I would like them to be homogenized.

I dig this tread up. Is there a way to adjust the volumes off rigs at the same level (Rig manager or directly on the profiler)? I have plenty of them, set at very different levels, and I would like them to be homogenized.