Posts by Deciphile

Does anybody know, if its possible to get/buy profiles of the Magnatone Super 59 amp (Billy Gibbons, Jeff Beck...)?

I only know of the Super 15 from The Amp Factory. I've been looking for the 59 too. I love Magnatone amps, but profiles that really capture their sound are sadly few and far between.

Only learned recently he uses 13 strings, lunatic.

Yeah his high E was a 13. Supposedly he had a custom set. 13 high E then the rest were more in line with a set of 11's except for the low E which was like a 58 (Just recalling from memory, please excuse me if I'm wrong) I had a strat strung like this and it did give just a touch more thickness to the high and low notes. I changed them back to a regular 11 set because I was lazy and didn't want to take the time to get use to differences in the feel of the string gauges.

I get some pretty good approximations with the free profiles from Texas Blues Alley. I run the Kemper through a Fryetrte LX II to a 1x12 Celestion V-type and they sound pretty good overall. Nothings to going to nail it, but I like the way they sound.

Here's the link to TBA's Kemper info page: https://texasbluesalley.com/ol…ear-index/kemper-profiler Check that site out, He's got some killer tone tips and info as well as tutorials.

I also use M Britt's SRV profiles. They do a good job also.

Absolutely this is for their LX II Rackmount which I was also considering, but this and the power station I would assume sound very similar. Just the clarity and definition alone were enough for me to start really looking at Fryette.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have noticed this also. I generally turn off all effects to get a base sound and then add FX to taste. Having them already on when the profile is loaded, I have to go disable them and then re-store the profile. I usually run a Keeley compressor in front of the kemper if I want any compression.

I love their profiles. They are my all time favorites, it's just more of a repetition thing.