Posts by Trebor

I don't get to experiment much with the Kemper in live venues and rely mainly on headphones. Not ideal but the only way for me at the moment.

But I recently read this in the manual and wondered why 50% stereo/90% stereo settings would be recomended to give the nicest stereo image. I pretty much use just delay and reverb in stereo.

Thanks

When I started using the Kemper I turned down the main output to -20 db and also selected the -12db toggle in the output section (reading around I didn’t want to give too much signal to the sound desk playing live).

I have run this for a while; however, my last sound guy asked for more signal and wasn’t happy until I turned up to -3db (with -12db toggle switch still selected.)

any thoughts on best practice here? Should I even be using the -12db switch?

thank you

which Performance loading mode are you using? If it is set to "pending" you will still hear the last rig that was loaded before you switched to the next performance until you select a slot in the new performance. Set it to "Slot1" to have slot 1 automatically selected when you switch to a new performance.

Thanks for this. Not sure why I had never noticed this before!

I am using rig manager and I am finding that when I change a performance the tone is completely wrong until I change the slot within the performance and then back again to slot 1. Very strange.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thank you

I have a guitar with a P90 in the neck and a Humbucker in the bridge. Volume is slightly lower in neck pup because this gives me a middle position I like.

When setting clean sense, the best volume balance between clean and distorted values for my guitar is just above 0. However, the P90 sounds much more 'alive' when the clean sense is turned up (6.5). At this setting neither bridge or neck send clip the input but moving between clean and distorted profiles sees a big jump in volume.

Is this p90 improvement just a perceived difference just because of a volume bump (louder sounds better) or does the cleans sense help open up single coils? If it does open them up, is there a single setting in the amp section that I can use to get the same effect while keeping the global input section set for the humbucker? (like gain is to distortion sense)

Hope that makes sense...

Thanks

With the Kemper, I find great clean/edge of break up tones I really like and then want to push them into overdrive where I can still really hear the character of the original tone. I am struggle to find the best way to do this. Any thoughts?
    thanks

I don't get much time to mess around when playing live and am used to boosting the lower mid frequencies when I want a little more meat.

However, as the kemper is so flexible I wanted to try boosting by lowering the high/low end and then raising the volume of the profile by the DB of my largest reduction. Anyone had success with this or is a mid boost actually more pleasing to the ears. Been playing around and not having much success right now...

Thanks

(Hope the post is ok in this section)

Ah what a pain. I guess I will play loud in the headphones for a quick tweak and then turn down again to practice.

After having my kemper for a little while now, I realised today (don’t judge me) how differently profiles sound depending on the headphone listening volume. Lightbulb moment of how much undoing of tweaking is needed when I get to a live venue...

Is there an optimum headphone level for someone who wants to get into the ball park at home (I can’t play anywhere near gig volume)?

thanks very much

P&W? What's that? :wacko: Polka and Western? :D Have you tried RE? There are so many profiles there you're bound to find something you like there to start with.

? sorry, made quite a few assumptions in that post...

when I said my existing profiles I was (in my head) including rig manager! Cheers

I have just received a Fullerton TV and have found some nice tones from my existing profiles but wondered if anyone had some good recommendations that fit well with this guitar.

I play mainly P&W but also some rock/blues/getting prog rock/pop.

thank you

Thanks for the responses. It is certainly strange but I have streaming on multiple devices at home and no issues. Yet rig manager is on for 10 mins and it cuts out the access point. I should have mentioned that I have multiple access points and the others continue to work (so not an isp issue) so maybe it is the av200 access point which is the problem? Just seems strange that it never happens without rig manager open.