Posts by Ajkajkool

the Definition contol for me sorts out the loud issues I get when playing through a loud PA and monitor.

my sounds sounded great on headphones and at low volume, but as soon as I pushed them up to gig volume they became all flappy and sounded horrible.

the dreaded Fletcher Munson syndrome.

after a few years of messing with eq's with some success

I recently purchased a new monitor QSC CP8.

playing this loud created the same problem,

Just by chance I tweaked the Definition control, turned it practically off and there it was, the sound I was after at high volume

Reverb can ruin your sound at high levels so those levels were pulled down aswel.

it's taken me a while to get to this stage, to be happy with my live sound.

such a simple thing to do.

the sound in my headphones has changed, but turning them up a bit sorts the sound out.

Have been trying for a while to get a good clean funky tone, tried lots of commercial profiles. None of them seemed to get me where I wanted to be.

The answer was staring me in the face the whole time.

Lowering the pickups made the sound exactly as I wanted.

I set them a lot lower than the spec called for

and the difference in tone was amazing, not just for the funky clean, but all of them.

Happy at last. :)

Have done that a few times now, very annoying. turns out that my big foot is hitting the Looper pedal, causing the sound to stop.

Found info on the net, that you can in fact turn the unused buttons off.

no more dropouts live.

easy fix System/ scroll to to remote if your using one, and turn off the Looper, Tuner.

At the moment I have my powered rack and remote set up with a Volume pedal and a Wah pedal. Would like to add a 3rd that would go just before the stack.

I can't seem to see how to do this, as it seems the Volume pedal is the only one that can be located in different positions. Don't really want to take out the master volume.

Have watched the tutorials but still none the wiser.

any help would be appreciated.

regards

Andy K

Hi,

this will probably help anyone who has had trouble trying to balance their rigs, I hope.

Having just bought a kemper kabinet, and I really like it.

Thinking, now I have something that's designed for producing the best possible tones for the profiler.

It didn't at first until I remembered the old way of using an amp for the first time,

this is what I did.

1st set the Monitor Output to Master Mono and set Monitor Output EQ all to zero

2nd loaded a Clean profile (one that I had been using for a good while)

3rd played the guitar, (you need to have a good amount of volume to do this)

play with neck PU and then bridge PU. Your ears will tell you if it's good or bad.

if it's a profile you have been using and it is not sounding good through the KK, then

I found a really easy way of setting the eq .

4th I loaded a preset eq, Studio Equalizer (I put it in the (x) next to mod because it was free)

fiddled around with the settings, my guitar (Strat) had way too much bass on the neck PU,

sorted that out then tried the bridge PU which was very toppy.

It didn't take long until I was happy with the sound at a good high volume on both pickups.

5th Having sorted the EQ for this clean patch I saved the EQ under another name, GTR EQ set for instance.

6th The icing on the cake here, is that you now have got an EQ preset that you can apply to all your patches, clean, crunch. distorted. Anything

you have will be compatible with the KK ( I found that some of the profiles, and I use lots of different ones (Covers band) only need minor tweaking in their AMP

settings.

REMEMBERING TO SAVE EVERYTIME YOU INPUT YOUR NEW EQ (easy to go to the next slot without saving, I know, and when you go back to check, it sounds bad

and you start thinking why?

When you go back to playing at bedroom levels you can use the Monitor output EQ to suit.

If you think about (and I have a lot) an old valve amp would be setup in this way and anything you add like pedals for instance would be dialed in to match the amp.

Hope this is some use to the newbies (including me)

regards

Andy K

Is this possible?

Reason for wanting to do this is that it would simplify FOH mix.

I play in a Duo playing covers. Great variation in sounds required from gentle clean tones to fairly heavy guitar sounds.

Most of the time I edit the profiles using headphones, the problem with that is that they sound great in headphones but when played through the FOH I have to tweak the Main out EQ to get the sound I want, we have no soundman so I go out front and listen and then adjust accordingly.

If it were possible to run the Kemper into a Graphic EQ before FOH Mixer it would be much easier to adjust and would not affect the headphone eq.

any advice would be much appreciated.

AJK

Had my kemper for a few months now and love it to bits, but since adding new profiles I have been having nightmares with foh sound, too much bass not enough mids etc.

the main output EQ working hard to sort it. I have a friend who has had a Kemper for quite some time and he asked me what it sounds like through HP's, and I said it didn't sound very good at all, his sound through HP's is great he tells me. That made me think, and it turns out that the main EQ out affects the whole tone of the HP's, so I have been fighting the main EQ the whole time. Now before I edit or EQ any profiles I set the main EQ all to 0db and now the HP's sound great and have loads of headroom with the main FOH EQ. The profiles I have already just needed to be tweaked a bit to sound good in the headphones and they now sound good in monitor out (Speaker) as well.

if only I had known that a few months ago, it would have saved a lot of messing about and late nights in search of the tone, It's probably in the manual and something I missed. Because the Main out EQ gets changed almost every gig, the next new profile get EQ settings to sound good with that particular setting, but now setting it to 0db before I start I'm winning every time.:)

Having same sort of problem, Kemper into Mackie PA with bass bin. The guitar has too much bass (coming out the bass bin) I could put a high pass filter 100khz on the mixer, but can it be done just using the global eq on the main outs? I have not been able to have a tech rehearsal with the PA so far.

any help would be much appreciated

Ajkool

I can now see why most of you guy's defended the Kemper, I have now bought one and OMG it is unbelievable, the quality of the sound has blown me away, never have I played through anything that sounded soooo good. I'm in love with this machine.

Can't wait for the next gig. Just bought some Mike Britt profiles and they are fantastic.

Playing guitar just became a whole lot more fun.

Ajkool

still saving up for one .

the reason I want one is to have great sounding amps, amps that I would never be able to afford or be in a position to profile.

With the massive selection available to buy online the profiler function would be redundant,so why not have a version that can do everything but profile.

I'm sure it could be produced cheaper making it more accessible to us mortals.

AJK