Posts by munkienl

Speaker placement is indeed important. I've got my KRK's on my desk almost against the back wall resulting in a bloated bass. I turned down the bass knobs on the back of the speakers and damped the wall with foam stuff. Indeed normally you don't have a guitar cab blasting in your face. But guitar speakers aren't full range, studio monitors are. IMHO the tweeters should be on ear's level.

I have KRK Rokit 6 speakers on my desktop in my home studio. I put them on expensive Isoacoustics stands resulting in less bass boominess. I damped the wall behind the speakers with foam resulting in way less reflections from the back wall.

I have ca. 1000 euro writeoff on my new Toaster, used Remote and BM Profiles. So the price seems reasonable. OTOH competitors in the price range like Line6 and Boss all have a screen. I don't play live anymore, if i was i would consider it. I wonder how to transfer your presets including FX from the Profiler to the Player which has only 4 FX slots?

My old Eleven Rack has a front Mic input with 48 V phantom power. Now we have USB audio capability with the Kemper. It has a mic input at the back for profiling purposes. Would it be possible to use this mic input to record with a mic in our DAW via USB audio?

Hi all! I Just tried to update to the latest OS via the profiler software. I'm running W10 on my PC. I've got 1000 profiles in my Kemper Toaster. Is that the reason the update failed? I got a message on my computer monitor saying the update failed. My Kemper stalled, green screen. Turned off the Kemper and switched it on again. Thank God it booted up to the old OS. This is the second time this happened to me recently.

I have a Steinberger Spirit MIK. I hated the EMG Hi Z's so i replaced them with two Seymour Duncan humbuckers. Much better. Now it's a serious guitar, full Fender scale, 24 frets. Good sustain all over the neck, good fretwork. You have to get used to the small body and the neck sticking out further than usual. I bought it used including an adapter for normal strings. The double ball end strings are expensive. I ordered a Warwick Rockbag from Thomann, the original gigbag is paper thin.

OT maybe. But i succeeded to install W11 on 2 old PC's. Microsoft looks into the hardware now like Apple. And they say every processor older than 4 years is unable to run W11. B.S. Download Rufus. Rufus Download the W11 ISO from the Microsoft site. Take an empty 8 GB USB stick. Rufus turns the USB stick into an install medium for W11. Rufus skips the hardware checks of MS. Remember in 2025 MS will stop releasing security updates for W10.

I don't mean 0,01 euro :)

Have you ever tried to play along with a compilation CD of 60s and 70s classic rock? They didn't have electronic tuners back then, then tuned to the studio piano or whatever. It's a nightmare! You have to retune your guitar with every track. I would like to have a pitch shifter in cents, controllable with a pedal. So i can tune the guitar slightly up or down with the pedal.

I recorded one album on an old Tascam analog deck a couple of years ago. Alas it had a problem in the master section so i sold it. But it had a sound, i can hear it in the final mixes. But it takes up a lot of space and nowadays recording with the computer has endless possibilities with all those plugins. Maybe too many...

I've been spinning my JB collection, Lps and Cds. JB had a great blues/rock band in the late 60s with Rod Stewart on vocals and Ron Wood on bass. I can't understand why that band wasn't more successful. Jimmy Page must have heard Truth and Beck-Ola. Led Zep was the same thing with the turbo on. JB kept evolving as a guitar player, Clapton stopped after 1970, Page after 1980. I spun Who Else, electro dance 90s stuff, Clapton never would have done that. Oh well, he's jamming with Jimi and Eddie now.