Posts by googoodoll

Hi everyone,

I do own a Macbook, Kemper Toaster and a set of Yamaha HS8s.

Could you please give advice what is the best way to link?

Current setup:

Macbook -> Kemper: 3.5mm Klinke Y-cable into the alternative in / return of my Kemper

Kemper -> Yamaha HS8s: Kemper Main-Outs via Microphone cable into Yamaha HS8s

The issue which I am facing but which I want to avoid is that I need to turn on the Kemper even if I just want to listen to music via my Macbook.

Which audio interface is to be recommended?

Would be great if there would be some more inputs if there would be more instruments in the future.

Thanks in advance

Dominik

Hey all,

after months of research I finally took the decision to switch from my classic amp and software based amp simulations to the unpowered KPA toaster in combination with Yamaha HS 8s or headphones for private use at home only without recording intentions yet.

In terms of connection I would like to ask for your advise on how to connect the devices to get the best sound quality as well as flexibility to add another instrument like keyboard or an edrum-set somewhere in the future.

Please note I need to connect my mac to the HS 8s/headphones as well to play along.

Possible routing:

1. guitar -> 6.3 mono jack -> kemper

2. KPA main out -> 2x 6.3 mono jack -> audio interface (which Focusrite item to recommend?)

3. mac -> usb -> audio interface

4. audio interface -> 2x 6.3 mono jack -> HS 8s

Thanks for your support

Dominik