Posts by matei72

Apologies for jumping on this existing thread! I too have a Palmer Macht and an unpowered Kemper.

I am unsure how to connect the Kemper to the Macht and cabinet. I have a Matrix NL212 and I would like to use it in mono with the Kemper monitor out, for “amp in the room” monitoring. The cab is 8 ohms when in mono.

Can I use the bridged input on the Macht (which is 16 I believe) or should I just use one of the channels on thr Macht?

Hi all,

I recently had some weirdness with my unpowered Kemper rack and its wah settings. I had been using it (with a Mission) wah w/o issues for nearly two years, with toe down = off settings. Last week it suddenly stopped turning off, it would remain on, nothing I could do would get it to turn off - save for setting it to heel down or stop.

After that, it started to randomly act as a volume pedal on some performances - although it had been configured as a wah. Bringing it back to full volume position wouldn't help, it would remain at a lower volume - even on different performances.

The only way I could get it back to "normal" was to switch to browser mode, and then back to performance. Eventually I was able to reset the wah to work in toe down = off... but it is still acting up. It seems to be limited to one performance now, it randomly switches from wah to volume.

Anyone else ever seen this? It is on the latest firmware.

Hi - I primarily use this with a Mac, but hooked it up to a Windows box to see what happens.

It doesn't show up under Sound, video and game controllers, rather as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"

Hi, thanks for the response.

I tried that, but it just said that the driver is already present or something to that extent.

I'd even tried installing compatible, lower versions of Rig Manager and Kemper OS, but nothing worked. Really weird.

Hi all...

Kemper was working fine for months with my Mac and Rig Manager, however updated Rig Manager and the Kemper OS and now nothing. I tried several different cables, USB ports - but not seen at all in the system profile on the Mac.

Installed Rig Manager on a Windows laptop, still nothing. The only change is that I can see the profiler in Device Manager - it is showing up as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)".

Any suggestions?

Hi all,

I'm currently using my Kemper with a UA Apollo Twin Quad, via S/PDIF.

That works great, however I need to add additional inputs to my config, as the Apollo only has two (aside from S/PDIF). I was looking at a Clarett OctoPre, which also has S/PDIF in and out... would the Kemper work in a situation where it is connected to the Clarett via S/PDIF and then the Clarett connects to the Apollo?

Awesome - thanks for the advice! :)

I'll apply this at our next practice.

I have to say... I was really suprised at how the KPA felt and sounded. Soooo much better than I was expecting. The plexi profile I was using really sounded and felt like a plexi. Can't wait to gig with it.

Hi all,

I brought my KPA rack w/ a Matrix GT800FX down to rehearsal yesterday. I'm running it in stereo through two CAE 1x12's, with Celestion G12 Vintage 30s @ 8 ohms.

First time using it at real volume, however it seemed rather quiet. I had the volumes on the Matrix's channels at ~ 1/4. I adjusted the monitor out volume so it would be louder through the Matrix, then gradually turned up. It didn't seem to get to stage volume until the dials on the Matrix were halfway up. Have others experienced this or am I going about this wrong?

I read in the manual that this little amp puts out ~ 250 rms per channel, wasn't sure how much the Vintage 30s could take, that is my big concern.

So... I ensured that the clock was set correctly on the Kemper, set the Apollo to get the clock from the s/pdif and tried again.

Aside from some crackling, it sounded great.

Tried again towards the end of the day, no crackles - sounded awesome!

Hi all,

I successfully got my Kemper working into my UA Apollo for recording. I have the S/PDIF set to master stereo and I get the full spread of stereo effects in the monitors, however the recorded sound is really fizzy, buzzy... it sounds more like a '90s Zoom preamp than the sound I get in my headphones or via my cab from the Kemper itself.

Forgive my ignorance- is the cab driver software enabled when using the S/PDIF? I have cab off for monitors, as I'm running into a stereo power amp that drives two cabs - however it is still enabled for FOH. I assumed it would be enabled for S/PDIF as well - but it doesn't sound like it.

I did try enabling it, but it didn't seem to make any difference. Perhaps I've overlooked something or done something wrong?

Hi all,

Using KPA rack w/ Matrix power amp and have supposedly configured the monitor output ind direct output to work as stereo outs into my Matrix power amp... however I get no stereo effects at all. Actually I don't get any effects save for flange/distortion/comp stomps. Am I doing something wrong?

I've got the Monitor output set to mod stereo and the direct out says it is used for Monitor Stereo.

Also - the cab volume seems really low. I upped the master volume and the FOH gets really loud, but the cabs only a bit more. I'm using 2x 1x12'' CAE cabs with the Matrix.

Any pointers greatly appreciated!