Posts by AndreMaq

I can only play through headphones with my current situation. I play late at night in an apartment. No exceptions. I've been on a headphone trying spree the last couple of weeks, going through a Beyer DT770, Senhiesser HD280, Audio Technica ATH m50x, and m40x. All of them are the same result. Fizzy distorted tones and lifeless cleans.

I feel your pain. It should sound fabulous. I have a few questions. Have you compared the sound of the Kemper from its headphone output vs. through your interface? Are you running stereo? What interface are you using?

I wouldn't say it's common based on what I've seen (Kemper may have received many more units than we hear about here), but it has popped up occasionally in the forum. Probably only seen a couple of examples in 4 years.

If the dead pixels don't affect your ability to navigate and see what's going on in the unit, there's obviously no real need to do anything about it. If you feel it must be fixed, I'd contact Kemper first before buying it and see what they say. For good measure, find out from the seller how old the unit is; it may still be under-warranty, which may help you'd think.

Welcome to the forum, Andre. :)

Thanks, Nicky!