Posts by cajx22

Hi,

I like to double track my guitars and pan one left and right for that fuller sound. If I'm using a profile with chorus / flange effects I also like to record that track in stereo as mono sounds flat and lifeless. I assume it needs a stereo field to come to bring the effects to life.

However, I also assume that when I pan to the left in my DAW, it simply takes more of the left signal and less of the right. i.e a hard pan left just knocks out all of the right, so essentially back to the same starting point.

Does anyone have a technique for this or do you simply have to make a call between stereo or two (lifeless) monos?

Thanks.

I had the same problems with an Apollo X4. Here's what I did and it seems fine (although I note, you've pretty well got / been there but perhaps start again).

1. Reboot PC and Kemper.

2. On output. SPDIF output to Master Stereo (although this won't be the source of your issue).

3. Page 5 of Output, set clock speed to 44.1k. Check SPDIF out link at the top.

4. In the UA console click settings, hardware and check that 44.1k is the sample rate and S/PDIF is the clock source.

Good luck.

Been using it as a base and adding some effects afterwards. I think it sounds pretty good to my ears out of Line Power Amp 212 with some cab emulation. Was actually used for the main guitar (left side) on this, with some chorus and (more) reverb added.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Great profiles!

Thanks for your responses. Yes, the Clean sense is crazy high but boosting it normally fixes that issue. Unless my settings are wrong.

It matters because my mixing engineer wants both a dry and wet take. Wet for reference and dry for better mixing. He complains that I barely give him enough volume to work with on the dry.

It doesn't look like this one can be solved, so I'll resort to abanoning reamping and doing two separate takes for each track.

All the best.

Hi all,

I have the same issue recording guitar as this thread, but unfortunately can't resolve it with the fix:

S/pdif dry signal - low volume

Via SPDIF, I'm sending both a dry and wet signal out of the Kemper and into Logic via a UA Apollo X4. The volume on the wet signal is fine, however the dry signal volume is significanly lower. Wet signal wave form at 50% in Logic, dry signal is down at 10%. The following settings are in place.

Kemper Input Settings

Clean Sens: Maxed at 12db

Input Source: Front Input

Kemper Output settings

Main Output: Master Stereo.

Direct Output: Master Mono

SPDIF Output: Git / Master Mono

Any help appreciated. Many thanks.

CJ

Before upgrading the interface, I would try your Rockits direct. I'm using an Audient iD14 with Rokit 6s and it doesn't sounds great either (not nearly as good as listening directly from the headphone jack using Sennheiser phones).

I think it's mostly the interface, but probably a bit of both.

I'm also looking at upgrading and am looking at one of the Antelope Audio solutions, but they're expensive.