Posts by steely glen

I had a Kabinet and didn’t like it at all. My previous experience with FRFR has been Tech21 Power Engine 60, Atomic CLR NEO MkII, and Line 6 PowerCab Plus. I had the chance to A/B against the PowerCab. The Kabinet was very bright and had less low end. The brightness was a dealbreaker for me. I have since put 2 Kones in a Zilla 2x12 cab with drastically better results.

I attribute a lot of the Kabinet’s bright sonic properties to the tiny 12” closed back cabinet than to the Kone speaker itself. The Kone does great in larger enclosures.

This looks awesome!

Talk about that pedal integration you have goin on

Thanks! Only a compressor and drives running into the front of the Kemper. The Waggi W28 board stores them neatly under the Remote. I’m still deciding which drives to keep on there. The Jackson Golden Boy, Greer Lightspeed, and Wampler Tumnus are solid but I’m not loving the 1981 DRV. Might just stick with the three above and omit a fuzz.

What else would you like to know?

It would be nice if the Kemper could do absolutely everything external pedals also do, but I wouldn't count on that, or hold my breath waiting for it. The Kemper has incredible tone, the input pre, and effects loop are first rate too, why not just add pedals to it? Why wait and complain that something's missing, when you can have it all? This past year I've collected some of my favorite pedals, even the vintage ones sound correct and true with the Kemper.

That’s the direction I’m headed for my drives. I’m pretty much satisfied with the wet effects. I guess I just see the potential that this green box has. If there were some developments in a few key areas, neither Line 6 nor Fractal could touch it.

Tell us more about that. What are the differences?

In the department of overdrives, there are so many drives on the market not currently covered on the Kemper. A King of Tone, Klon, OCD, and Marshall Bluesbreaker-style drive would be a major help for users. Right now, we rely on baked-in drives from profilers like Michael Britt, Tone Junkies, etc. The Helix really is on top of its game in the drive department and the Kemper is lagging way behind.

I know what you mean and would like to be able to reorganise folders etc but in practice the example you describe doesn’t need sub folders.

Simple enter the MBritt main folder then search for whichever amp type you want the new list contains only the amps you want so you can now do any sorting you need on the search results only. Unfortunately there is a bug just now which is screwing this up but they are aware of this and will fix it again soon.

The search function has helped me navigate up to this point but I really think we should have a multifaceted way to organize our profiles. That’s what Rig Manager is meant to do: help us manage our rigs. Creating sub-folders for each set of profiles would help me visually see very quickly what I have at my disposal. A search function doesn’t quite do the same thing.

It seems that most file organization software makes it easy to arrange folders and sub-folders however you want. RM shouldn’t be any different.

I just realized that RM has no way to reorganize sub-folders. For example, if you have 600 Michael Britt profiles and want to arrange them by amp via sub-folders under a main "MBritt" folder, there is no way to alphabetize or drag-n-drop the sub-folders. The order you create them is the order in which they must stay.

How has RM gone this long without that very simple functionality?!?

I just popped in to give a big old "+1" to this thread. I'm a new Kemper user and now that I've built a solid library of profiles, I'd like to organize them. For example, under all my 600+ Michael Britt profiles, I'd like to create sub-folders for each amp, such as....

• 1956 Fender Pro
    • 1956 Fender Twin
    • 1958 Fender Tweed Deluxe (and on and on....)

However, there is no way in RM to arrange the sub-folders alphabetically....or even to manually re-arrange them by "Drag-N-Drop" method. They are permanently arranged in the order you create the folders. That creates lists that are a hodgepodge and not helpful.

Certainly RM3 can do better than this. Can we get some kind of sub-folder organization upgrade?!?

I’m no IT guy either but my wife’s Mac mini used to get so slow it was unusable. I think it was some process running in the background that wasn’t shutting down.

was hers the old Mac Mini? Mine’s a 2017 and it’s pretty much top of the line. It runs a lot of RAM-laden programs with zero issues but as soon as I switch over to RM3 it starts beach-balling like crazy. And it doesn’t do it with previous versions of RM

After the newest update, I finally got RM to install on my 2017 Mac Mini running OS Catalina 10.15.2. It's maxed out on RAM and runs all other programs without issue, but RM constantly "beach balls" at the slightest request, like switching between rigs in my local library or opening the "File > Import" function. Sometimes it's 2-3 seconds, other times it's 10+ seconds. It makes no difference whether the Kemper is connected via USB or not.

When it gets really bad, I have to "Force Quit" RM and re-open, although that doesn't totally fix the issue.

Any Mac users running into similar issues?

I've not found that the issue with "crash startup on macOS" is fixed. For me, on OS 10.14.5, I'm still getting an RM3 crash during the initial sync with my KPA head.

Error code generated by Mac OS is:

Fixed in the next version, hopefully today :)

As far as I know this is fixed in the next version, there was something with auto backups failing..

I have read several reports of this but we can't reproduce this on any of the named OS. Would be very helpful if you could send a backup of your profiler to the support so we can see if it is anything specific about your content, broken rig names, something like that

Where would you like me to send the backup file?

Hi,

I'm having an issue with RM. It keeps crashing upon starting. Currently running MAC OSX 10.13.6. The details are attached. Please help!

Same issue I’m having. Tried the install on both a Mac Mini running OS Catalina 10.15.1 and a MacBook Pro running OS Mojave 10.14.

The result was RM3 crashing while syncing with KPA. Every. Single. Time.