Posts by DeeperStudios

In order to have a real apples to apples comparison you should activate Monitor Stereo pairing both MONITOR OUT and DIRECT OUT with Ouptut Source set to Master Mono. Otherwise Monitor Output EQ, Output Volumes, Power Amp Boost, Kemper Kone Settings ... could introduce differences.

I made sure to switch all of those things you mentioned off and gain matched everything in my tests.

Haven't watched the video, but you can't expect to null analog sources because the clock will not be in sync when you sample them (simple explanation).

Will watch the video later!

Hey musicmad, I did a null test on the Main Out left and right and I see what you mean, but the differences are really minuscule. It's almost silent. SPDIF left and right is totally silent as expected, but the monitor and direct are very different. Just my findings from today. I filmed another video testing all outputs against each other today if anyone is interested.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Are you talking to me or Don Peterson? I was *trying* to help by pointing out that the video had been cued up.

As for ridiculing Don Peterson...jeez. It's called a mistake

Yeah I was talking to Don, I'm not ridiculing anyone, man, relax. He posted just to say he wasn't going to help. I'm like, then just don't post? Lol. Let's get back on topic. I'm sorry if my comment came across ridicule.

Haven't watched the video, but you can't expect to null analog sources because the clock will not be in sync when you sample them (simple explanation).

Will watch the video later!

Ok, right on. I didn't know this. Thanks for that explanation. Still bothersome regarding the fact that I can audibly pick out which one is which in a blind test. The null test was more to see what would happen and to verify there was at least "some" difference and I wasn't tricking myself.

Hello everyone!

Has anyone else encountered differences in quality between the outputs of the Kemper? Like, genuinely. I've read all the forum posts where people accidentally have an output EQ on or "Space" only sent to their headphones, but I think I can genuinely tell a difference in quality (dynamic range, punchiness, depth) between the direct out and the monitor out.

I'm hypothesizing this could be an impedance difference between the two? But it's really strange. I posted a link to a pretty in depth video I made exploring the topic below. I record several tracks with Monitor Out and Direct Out simultaneously, then attempt to null them without success. I'm just wondering why this is? The Direct Out sounds better to me, but again, I'm wondering if they are exactly identical internal signal paths, besides some components that alter the intended impedance.

I just wanna know how to get the most out of my Kemper so this is not meant to be a harsh criticism of it in any way, I love mine. This is also not intended to be an advertisement of my Youtube channel, although I'm happy to remove it if it causes problems or goes against the rules in any way.

I'm genuinely looking for information here because I have noticed the sonic differences before, and now have verified they are at least different enough not to null... Not that I need them to pass a null test, I just want them both to sound good and to know if others can verify this or offer some advice.

I hope that you all will appreciate my in-depth look into this and not find it overly pedantic... I'm a really detail oriented person and just wanna get the best out of my gear.

This link goes directly to the part of the video where I'm attempting to guess which output I'm hearing with my eyes closed... and I do, multiple times. Which is annoying because I was hoping I was wrong lol.

Link to video on YouTube

I’m looking for a good deal on a minty, used remote. I already own the power rack and want to upgrade my live rig. Bonus points if you’ve got a nice CAT5 cable!

There were some excellent examples on reverb recently but I wasn’t quick enough. Thanks!

I'm having a similar issue.

EDIT:

There is an audible delay of about 200 ms when switching in Browser mode with both Remote and MIDI (airstep). Performance mode is great with the Remote, but no different with MIDI. The only way for me to get reliable/fast switching with MIDI is to program the footswitches as Program Changes (0-4) instead of Control Changes (50-54). Xsonic (makers of Airstep) say it is not on their end and that switching is instantaneous for them with their KPA preset. I've had to build my own preset.

I am not currently connected to my computer via usb. I am on the most recent OS (8.0.6.xxxxx) I do not have rig crossfade turned up. It is not that. I have read every. single. thread. on this topic dating back to 2014. I'm still looking for the answer. I have also reached out to support who have not yet identified the issue. I was just told to make sure my KPA isn't connected to the computer or Rig Manager (it's not) and that if I'm sending multiple midi messages it could cause a lag. I'm pretty sure I'm not as I've looked at the MIDI messages being sent in Pro Tools for example and there is only one.

I also programmed a MIDI rig change in Pro Tools independent of my floor controllers and set it to the downbeat. The KPA switches rigs ~204 ms after the MIDI command.