Posts by alexburnsred

Hi,

ich habe mir vorhin mal ein paar Videos zu den Liquid Profiles angeguckt. Habe mir das Beta Update selbst noch nicht installiert, da ich Gigs habe.

Also eigentlich hab ich mich sehr drauf gefreut und viel erwartet.

Und ja, was man so sieht und hört scheint zu funktionieren.

Aber, und jetzt komme ich zum Thread-Titel,:

Irgendwie ist das doch nur halb zu ende gedacht.

Es fehlen einfach Buttons /Potis. Z.B. beim Peavey vor allem der Resonance Regler. Der hat mir schon immer gefehlt und ich hatte gehofft, dass er dann endlich da wäre.
    Ist aber nicht. Dabei ist das mit DER Regler, der den Peavey so krass ausmacht.

Der Friedman BE hätte eigentlich ein dutzend mehr Regler. Es gibt weiterhin nur die des Generic EQs. Kein Thump oder so.

Kommt das wohl noch?

Ich habe echt gedacht, dass ich ein komplett digitales Amp-Modell dann habe und nicht nur Bass,Mitten und Höhen wie am Amp einstellen kann, sondern eben alles.

deswegen hab ich denen auch gesagt, die können mir die wieder zurückschicken.

habe sie dann an nen Bastler als defekt verkauft. manchmal bekam sie verbindung , manchmal nicht.

und dann einfach ne neue mit Neukundengutschein. somit hatte ich eine komplett neue für ca 120 euro, statt eine reparierte, alte für 400. (den hin-Versand muss du ja auch erstmal zahlen).

btw, eine neue kostet 449 bei den bekannten Einzelhändlern. Kemper selbst nimmt, wie man es von Hersteller-Shops gewohnt ist, mehr

EDIT: sehe gerade, dass auch bei T und Session um 10 euro angehoben wurde. bei music world brilon noch 449.

How exactly did you check/measure that? In what way is that precise data?
    Why would anyone not trust Christophs statement?

why not trust? because I have ears. and they are good and trained.

I checked with my 2000 € custom in-ears and also with my perfectly set-up and measured/calibrated studio monitor setup.

why is that precise data?

I increase the volume of the delayed side until it's just as loud as the original signal and my DAW tells me I increased it by 4dB.

again, this is a super easy fix to make anyone happy by adding a soft button.

bitte schreib dann mal hier rein, was das kosten soll.
    ich habe leider keine guten Erfahrungen gemacht wenn man außerhalb der Garantie ist.
    375 € plus 15€ Versand (obwohl DHL im Privatkundenbereich versichert 7 Euro kostet) für eine Reparatur der Remote, bei der ohne sie zu berühren von jetzt auf gleich die Netzwerkkarte kaputt war...

The delayed side of the Double Tracker is the right (!) side, and this right side is amplified by 1.2 dB to compensate for the Haas effect.

And yes, the Haas effect can never be perfectly compensated as the level perception depends in the listener position.

Please check .

CK

well, I don't care about Haas-effect and/or compensation.

left site is still plenty louder than right side when playing with engaged widener.

Why don't you just add a soft button to edit the volume of the delayed side? everyone could get happy with very little effort

In current software the Performance needs to be loaded to be filled with Rigs. This requires a PROFILER being connected, in Performance Mode, and the destination Performance being loaded - that means its displayed at the front panel and marked by a headphones icon in the Rig Manager list.

This design avoids confusion about how to store and which Performance it really is, that gets stored. And you can immediately hear, what you fill.

I am doing it just like that and i can't select paste. sometimes it works, most of the times not. Using a Macbook Pro.

As I said, visit the biggest Facebook Kemper groups. People there share my experiences. And most people try to avoid using the Rig Manager because it causes so many problems. I asked them to post their issues on here, but they don't want to, however.

well, i just started my Profiler in Performance mode, loading a peformance I edited yesterday.
    surprise, surprise: Slot 3 is a totally different profile now, which I never selected or anything....

can't be a hardware problem as the LED does flash. it's just the software has to assign the frequency of the electric power to the desired pin correctly.

100% an error in the software code.

I am an IT guy myself and I am good enough in what I do to judge.

I was about to open a thread about this problem.

Yes one side is louder (left side).

no brain-washing effect or anything. I recorded both tracks in DAW. one side IS louder than the other and that sucks.

this has been asked a few dozen times in the last 10 years and Kemper support basically shit us in the face, saying they know the problem but have it (very) low in priority, which is a hit in the face to the customers considering the number they have been asked to have this issue fixed...

concerning the "big news": I don't want anything new except a working software. well, that's not true. I'd only be hoping for a Profiler 2.0 version with a lot stronger chipset and a nice color-display that doesn't look like a mobile phone from 1995.

Sorry but I have to flame a little now.

I and lots of people in Facebook Kemper Groups are experiencing more and more software problems. Especially with Rig Manager.

For example:

I was playing at home. nothing touched. all of a sudden the remote lost connection and shut down. I dis- and reconnected a few times but in the end had to restart the Profiler to get a connection again.

Besides: why is the tap STILL (years and years after many requests on here) not flashing in time and why are some of the leds flashing randomly even though I am connected with the original ethernet cable?

next example:
    rig manager crashing and/or losing connection to profiler regularly. WHY???

Now a new error: when trying to copy rigs from the local library to perfomance slots "paste" is not selectable in rig manager. I literally can't add rigs to perfomance slots in RM.

next example:
    randomly I can paste rigs to perfomance slots somehow. Set up a complete performance - saved it, turn profiler off. next day, nothing I saved is there but sometimes the older rigs or even random rigs.

next example:
    transpose set up in 2 different performances.one -2, one -3. trying at home - everything is fine.
    at the show: play one song - change perferformance and rig. transpose did not change to -3 even though i tested it a day before.

I could go on...

but seriously Kemper: when is a new Software Core coming? it's been due for so long now. you should get into the Facebook Groups to actually see what we (the users) have to deal with.

Ich glaube es liegt eher nicht an dir. Ich hatte ähnliche Probleme und die Softwareseitigen Probleme werden irgendwie immer häufiger und kurioser.

Ich nutze die transpose Funktion auch oft. Auch wenn mich die Latenz schon oft abfuckt. Überlege schon wieder aufs Digitech Drop umzusteigen, aber das kann halt nur runter und manchmal muss ich auch 1-2 halbtöne hoch.

jedenfalls habe ich in 2 Performances Transpose eingestellt, eine -2, eine -3.
    er hat einfach mal beim songwechsel die Schritte nicht von 2-3 gestellt sondern blieb gleich.
    Sehr geil wenn man anfängt und der Rest der Band setzt ein und hat auf einmal eine andere Tonart. Sorry, absolutes Gehör haben wir nicht...

Passt aber zu anderen Fehlern, wie Performance wechseln, Rig auswählen und es wird einfach irgendwas komplett anderes geladen, was gar nicht in der Performance oder eine davor gespeichert wurde oder so.

Die Software wird immer unzuverlässiger und das nervt. Wäre es nicht mit so viel Aufwand und Kosten verbunden wäre ich schon beim Axe...

Titel says it.

yesterday everything was fine. nothing was moved or touched. Kemper is in a rack and has a rackmounted Ethercon Port, so the Ethernet-Port is NEVER touched.

Now I can't get the Remote to get Connection.
    Power check is done and then it is "Waiting for Connection". and the TAP-LED is pulsing.

Tried 3 different Cables, also the Original one. Tried with and without the patched Ethercon-Port. Tried with and without PoE-Injector.
    LEDs of the Kemper's Ethernet Port are working/flashing.

Is my remote broken?
    I have shows on friday and saturday. Tried to call Kemper Support (I'm in Germany) but was too late for their working hours.
    And I bought it used about 4 years ago, so I don't have a receipt and I'm afraid I won't get anything repaired because of that or have to pay a sh*tload of money...