Posts by alexburnsred

Titel says it:
    is there any Bag that fits the Remote AND the Mission Engineering Expression Pedal? (plus the cable(s))
    It should be a softbag with a belt for carrying purposes.

Location is Germany but I'd import if there is anything anywhere available.

Hi,

Ich würde meine Remote und das EP-1 von mission Engineering gern auf ein Pedalboard packen.

Wichtig ist mir, dass es möglichst schlank (es soll nicht zu viel Platz drauf frei bleiben)und leicht bleibt und am besten eine Umhängetasche dabei hat.

Mir kommt dabei die Bauform vom Pedaltrain in den Sinn, das hatte ich früher vor meiner Kemper Zeit.

kann da jemand was empfehlen?

Celestion has a new Modeling speaker out with a triple-cone design that's supposed to respond better than the X200. Still, I would use Kones. You may find another imprint that fits better and you can lock in your tone with that just as easily. You at least have the imprint option with Kones - and they are proven with the Kemper.

well, i supposed that the F12-X200 would be better than the triple cone as it costs about 30% more ?

I'm also leaning towards the Kones- they are even a little cheaper than the X200 plus the posiibility to use imprints. but i think i would mostly use FRFR mode. I want to hear, what the audience hears.

I listended to a comparision of the triple cone and the X200 and i think the X200 sounded better, more "guitar speaker-like".

The Kemper Kone is just a modified X200, is that correct?

I read quite a few times now, that the FRFR mode of the Kone is not that great. But that's what i would want mostly from it. so maybe the F12-X200 will be better for my needs?

Hi,

i have the idea to swap the V30s in my Mesa2x12 Recto Cab to make it FRFR. Would make things a lot easier as most of the profiles sound bad with my cab, if its not a Mesa cab in the profile. And yes, of course Monitor Cab is off ;)

I'm just not shure if it would work? Would it sound a lot different than a real FRFR? there might be a bit more resonance but i could dial that out with the monitor EQ i guess?

So what are your thoughts on this?

And would you go Kemper Kone or the Celestion F12-X200 ? Don't actually know if would use imprints at all, as i want nearly the same sound as the FOH from my cabinet.

i know that video. i also watched the video of guido bungenstock at 48Volt Studio showing how they profile and refine.

did it the same way.

as i already said I am capturing the sound i want with the mic (sennheiser e906). it sounds great. but the profile is just missing body.

I knew this would come up...

As I said, I compare the mic'd sound of the amp/cab which is great. Of course it is, I placed the mic and set the amp EQ so it sounds like I want it through the studio monitors.

And yes, of course it's in a different room.

Hi,

yesterday i wanted to profile my Friedman Pink Taco.

I have a studio invironment that should be good enough for that purpose.

Doesn't matter if I make a direct/merged or studio profile - but i can't get the profiles sound like the actual amp.

I'm not talking about "amp in the room sound" - I'm talking about the A/B comparison after the actual profiling procedure.
    And no matter how much or often I refine - the profile is justing missing body / fullness compared to the actual amp. I don't mean bass. the bass response is ok. it's really just the fullness of the sound i get from the amp. It also sounds a little digital, but thats not as bad as the thin sound of the profile.

I also tried playing around with the bass shift and high shift in the cab section after saving a profile.

Any ideas what i can do?

I start losing my faith in the profiler. I just can't get it sound like i want to(and I've had it for 2,5 years now) , because if you start tweaking commercial profiles you have already lost as it doesnt' react like an amp EQ.

Hi,

i want to make my own profiles, in a good quality of course.

How important ist the cable quality for the profiling process?

Would you say if you only use good and expensive cables it would make a difference to if you used one or two cables that are smaller in diameter?

Normally in the amp world you say, the most important cable is the one going from your guitar to the first device that buffers the signal. After that you wouldn't hear a difference if the other cables were smaller.

Speaking of studio and direct/merged profiling.

Thanks

Alter Finne, das ist mir alles komplett neu.
    Danke für diesen schnellen Einfürhungskurs in die Physik hinter DI-Boxen.
    Ich habe ja noch nie mit DI-Boxen zu tun gehabt und bräuchte die auch nur zum profilen.

Gibt es da andere (günstigere) als die Kemper-Box? Falls nicht, nehme ich die, aber wenns günstiger geht - gerne.

Hi,

Ich würde gern Profile erstellen und das mal gern mit 2 statt einem Mikro versuchen.

Man kann ja aber nur ein Mikro direkt an den Kemper anschließen.

Ich müsste also die beiden Mics im Verhältnis abmischen und als ein Mono Signal zum Kemper senden.

Kann mir werden sagen, ob das mit meinem Focusrite 2i2 (aktuelle Version) klappt , oder brauch ich dafür irgendeinen extra Mixer oder so? Die große frage wäre hier glaube ich, ob das mit dem Ausgangspegel alles hinhaut.

Außerdem weiß ich gerade nicht wie ich dann am besten die Abhörmonitore anschließen müsste, um auch zwischen amp und Profil hin und herschalten zu können fürs vergleichen beim refinen usw. Dafür müssten sie ja eigentlich direkt am Kemper sein, oder?

i know all that stuff with the Frequencies and Fletcher-Munson .

But it would be helpful, if you could set dB-level for example. of course i would hear a mid-boosted profile louder than a scopped one, but thats why you boost mids in a solo and not neccessarily the volume.

I think it would work more or less, if rig volume would actually set the rigs to a specific volume. meaning: rig volume for one profile is for example 2. and if you set any other profile to rig volume 2 as well, it would outpur the same dB.
    that would be much better, than all the different volume levels, just because a rig was recorded louder than another.

Title basically says it

most profiles have a different loudness to each other. this is very annyoing, escpecially when you switch between profiles to test and compare.

Should be possible, to set the Kemper to one "REAL" master volume, so everything coming out has the same volume level. Unless there is some volume boost in the stomp sections engaged or something, of course.

i know what he plays, but finding amps doesn't mean, that profiles of the amps sound the same. and that's unfortunately the biggest downside of the Kemper: you can't tweak a profile like a real amp.

besides that, i didn't find any profiles of the Stephenson amp

Hi,

I've been looking for profiles to get a Billy Talent sound.
    Speaking of the Album sounds of Billy Talent 1-3.

Using a Telecaster helps, as it was recorded with one, but the Amp-Sound is pretty unique in my opinion.

Can anyone recommend anything? Free or commercial doesn't matter.

Thanks

I'm not nitpicking.

I'm requesting a feature that you don't need and therefore try to name reasons why one wouldn't need it.

you don't know me, my playing, my tone or my setup so can't just say what i need and what not.

I'd like a feature like I described and you are not in the position tell me I don't.
    Your Kemper wouldn't get worse if the feature was added....

not a valid point.

i have the kone stuff in my kemper and will never use a kone, so that is also a compromise in usability for me, if you see it that way.

and where's the difference in having on global Monitor EQ or having a monitor Eq in each profile ?

noone would suffer from having that option. if you don't need it, just don't touch it. everyone else will be happy.