Posts by alexburnsred

Why not first set your Global Monitor EQ and then put an EQ in your X Slot of your Profiles?

because that would also change the signal going to FOH.

Or use a FRFR speaker ..... The P.A. FOH is FRFR so if it sounds good out front

why not use FRFR on stage ? Mesa cab probably turns every Kemper rig into

Mesa sound-ish rigs ......

because I like the Mesa Cab way to much. I can make the profiles i use sound great with the cab, but i have to adjust the monitor eq to achieve that.

i won't buy an FRFR , because my Mesa Cab sounds great and also looks way cooler on stage (nobody can doubt that ;)

Personally, I think that would be a massive overkill that would make use of the KPA much more cumbersome for the vast majority of users.

better have it, than need it!
    there a so many functions in the Kemper that i don't use and never will. for example the Kone settings are only for people using the kone.
    my idea would be useful to any player using a general guitar cab.

yeah. doesn't make sense to me , to be honest.

why isn't the boost always dimed and we have only one volume?

why shouldn't i crank the power amp boost and keep it that way, so i only have to use the monitor volume?

I can't think of any situation where i wouldn't want the maximum headroom of a power amp.

Hi,

there is a Monitor EQ - we all know.

But what i am lately struggling with is this:

The Main Outs for FOH sound great. I use a Mesa Cab as a Monitor when not using IEMs.
    I have to adjust the Monitor EQ to sound them as i like them with the Cabinet. But when for example one Profile needs more bass and less treble, the next profile would sound dull and like "a blanket over the cab". I would have to adjust the Monitor EQ again, hich would make the first Profile sound worse again. ...

I think this could be easily solved, if every profile could have it's own "Monitor EQ".

Are you with me?

Also:
    A Resonance knob would finally be so great... ;)

Th big question would be :

Is CK and the rest of the guy actually trying /searching to do something like this?

I think they are relying on their 10 year old profiling technique. All that is being worked on is effects and kone-stuff.

They didn't even solve the Tap-Tempo not in time blinking problem after 10 years...

Ah ok, now I know what you mean.

I should have said: my tone is usually a tone that fits and cuts a mix pretty well.

In my monitor mix i boost the volume of my guitar a little and I'm fine.

Funny thing is:I'm a teumpet player myself and yes, we do like to hear ourselves :D

But I also need to hear to other horns and the base.

If I could not hear myself and the mentioned others I would not be able to intonate well enough. It's not just blowing air and pressing valves :)

Well, overall I agree with you.

But I dial my sound the way I like it and I want this exact sound to arrive at the FOH.

I want the people to hear my tone as I like it and don't quite get. Why you would want the FOH to get a different sound then yourself?

Of course you can go with other IEMs than linear ones to make it suite you taste a little more.

But the problem I see is: if I change anything with non-linear IEMs, I won't know how it changes the sound for the FOH.

If I change anything with linear IEMs, I know it will be the same at the FOH.

If you never change your sound with IEMs only, feel free to use mid boosted IEMs if it's what you like, but be careful if you wanna change the EQ

I'm not saying the quad cortex is a better device or anything.

Overall the Kemper is better in my opinion with all it's routing and connecting options, all the effects and so on.

But the profiling itself, which is the base of every sound, is now better with the neural QC and that is not debatable.

Kemper should just work on the algerithms and maybe implement a new way of profiling, where you integrate the EQ of the actual amp. Like taking 3 profiles, one with everything at 12 o'clock, one with everything at 1 and one with everything at 10.

Should be possible to recreate the EQ of the amp with this.

No, they didn't.

Obviously they have another approach to profiling/capturing (otherwise thy'd have violated Kempers' patents), but I've seen absolutely no evidence yet they took technology a step further .

Watch this video and be enlighted ;)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Call it profiling or capturing, it's the same technology but with neutral's working better.

Not a really a shame for Kemper, it is normal that technology gets better after 10 years and someone else finds a similar way to to things. But kemper has to improve profiling now.

Otherwise, when the community of the quadcortex grows many people will switch to neural.

They just relied on their 10 year old algorithms and now someone came up with a better working way.

A nice feature of improvement would be to actually have the EQ react like the real amp's eq.

ich muss hier nochmal hochholen.

ich habe mir heute einen 2. Kemper (Power)Rack als Ersatz gebraucht aus einem Studio gekauft.

Zu Hause ist mir dann aufgefallen, dass das Glas schon ziemlich deutliches Spiel hat, ich kann mit 2 Fingern die ganze scheibe ca. einen Milimeter nach oben bzw nach unten und links und rechts bewegen.

Es ist auch bereits ein Staubkorn oder ähnliches darunter und klebt an der Scheibe.

Mein anderer Kemper hat das nicht, bzw SEHR viel schwächer, so ,dass es mir bis heute nichtmal aufgefallen ist.

Gibts da Chance auf Support, auch wenn ich kein Erstkäufer von diesem Gerät bin? Für ein Gerät mit einem Neupreis von 2100 € finde ich das absolut unmöglich...

Sh*t you are right. Using a guitar cab with cab sim off.

Seperate EQ and cab on/off option for speaker output and monitor output would be a nice feature to get in an update. Should be realizable pretty easy.

Oh - ok.

So I can not feed my in ear monitor system from the monitor out and my cabinet from the speaker out because when I change the volume for the cabinet, the volume for the in ear System changes as well, right? I would have to adjust the input gain of the in ear System everytime I change the cabinet volume.

The direct outputs are going straight to FOH, so they are already used.

Any suggestions?