Posts by Bitwize

You should enable "Monitor Cab Off", not disable whole Cabinet section.

Indeed. I will double-check, but I am fairly certain I enabled "Monitor Cab Off" straightaway. When that sounded like a mosquito hoard, I disabled the whole Cabinet section. Sounded the same, so I reenabled the Cabinet section. Also disabled "Monitor Cab Off." Honestly not making much sense right now.

Do you have any of the Kone features enabled even though you aren’t using Kones?

What signal are you sending to the monitor Out? Master Mono?

How are you disabling the Cab section? In the Amp Block or in the Output Menu? In the output menu the wording is a bit confusing as the feature is “Monitor Cab Off” with an On/Off check box. Therefore, ticking the box to On turns the cabinet off. My logic would be “Monitor Cab” Tick box On/Off. It took me a bit of adjusting to get my head to work to the Kemper logic but maybe that’s just me being stupid.

I appreciate all of the questions and advice! I do not have any Kone features enabled. I am unchecking the box for the Monitor Cab Off parameter in output menu. That means I have Monitor Cab "On," which produces a thicker, more accurate tone to my ears. Checking the Monitor Cab Off results in the wicked thin, buzz saw tone.

Howdy!

I know this has been covered numerous times, but I wanted to share my experience. Yesterday I connected my Kemper Stage Monitor Out into the effects return on my Fender Tone-Master 100 watt amp head. The amp is connected to a 4x12 Tone-Master cab with V30's. The profiles I'm using are of the Fender Tone-Master head. I disabled the Cab block as recommended by others and the tone is super thin and sounds like a buzz-saw. As soon as I enable the Cab block, the tone is much warmer/thicker. What is going on? it's almost as if the Cab block on/off is reversed.

Cheers,

Rob

Sounds like the "series out" socket is wired out of phase.

Yes, indeed. Both my Kabinets, as well as the two tested by British Audio, have the same issue. I wonder if it’s just an early production batch problem or still an issue with all Kabinets to date?

So I had British Audio try linking two Kabinets as I have done with a Kemper Powerhead. They have the same phase issue! Because I brought this to their attention, they are making a reverse polarity speaker cable specifically to resolve this problem. I have one of these cables and it works as intended. This indicates the Kabinets are wired incorrectly at the factory.

I’ve now purchased a PowerStage 700 and my Kabinets are running in stereo. It’s glorious! I used the reverse polarity speaker cable with the PowerStage and guess what? The Kabinets are out of phase again! If I use the original speaker cables with the PowerStage, no phase problem.

Just wanted to share my experience as it’s been a while since my last post.

I'm sure it was mentioned previously, but why not change one of the cables instead of the Kabinet?

Thx for the reply. I have changed the cables multiple times. I have no problem with either Kabinet individually. And I’ve tried every combination of cables and Kabinets as primary or linked and still have the phase issue.

If you use the same two cabinets and the same speaker cables, yes, definitely.

As I mentioned earlier, this sounds like a straight forward case of one of your speaker cables being wired incorrectly and is a very simple fix.

No offense, but I have already tried new cables and every combination of cables and Kabinets. The results are the same. That seems to indicate a mis-wiring on one (or both) Kabinets at the factory. I just hesitate to disassemble brand new Kabinets. I don’t have a multimeter, so I guess I’ll have to buy one.

Since I am having phase problems when linking my two Kabinets in mono via the Powerhead speaker output, is it probable I would also have phase issues when running a stereo setup with an external poweramp and the L/R monitor outputs on the Powerhead?

P.S. I’m a bit surprised no one else has mentioned linking two Kabinets together. It’s a really cool mini stack and probably sounds massive when the phase is correct. One Kabinet sounds bigger than anticipated.

I completely agree it’s a phase issue! I just tried new and different speaker cable combinations, testing each Kabinet with every cable, as well as trying both Kabinets as primary and secondary (linked). Same results unfortunately :-(. A single Kabinet produces a HUGE and full tone. Both Kabinets together sound small with very little bass. Also, the Kabinets’ output is labeled as “series wiring” so I should have a total of 8ohms when linked (perfectly acceptable for the Powerhead speaker output). I left a message with Shane at British Audio. That’s where I purchased the Kabinets. Thank you for your reply and assistance Courteeners !

Maybe one of your speaker cables is wired wrong?

Both speaker cables are new and identical. I also tried both cables on both Kabinets. Everything works OK until I link the Kabinets together. It surely does sound like a phase issue though. Appreciate the reply!

Also, I wonder if I’m in a small minority of Powerhead owners who are trying to use two Kabinets in this way?

sounds like some kind of phase issue,

open one cab and switch the speakercable points at the terminal of the speaker , means put + to - and vice versa

or try to switch the two soldering points on one of the speaker cables

I feel dumb for not knowing better. Thanks for your suggestion! It truly does sound like a phase issue. But with two brand new Kabinets, I really do not want to, nor should I need to modify them. I wonder if ckemper can chime in on this issue?

I suspect that there is some sort of mis-wiring in the output jack. Have you tried both speakers as the first in line, feeding the other?

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I just tried your suggestion and guess what? The same result :-(. I can use either Kabinet with either speaker cable and all is well. But when I try to daisy chain them, it’s all whacked up. That leads me to believe there is a mis-wiring on the output of both Kabinets. What else could it be?

Howdy! I’m somewhat new to the Kemper scene and recently bought two Kemper Kabinets from British Audio. I’ve hooked them up to my Kemper Powerhead and seem to be having some trouble. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I am running a speaker cable from the speaker output on the Powerhead to Kabinet #1‘s input. Then I’m running a speaker cable from Kabinet #1’s output to Kabinet #2’s input, completing my mini Kemper stack. I am getting sound through both, but the tone sounds small and thin. As soon as I disconnect a Kabinet from the chain and use just one Kab, the tone is full and glorious. I’m currently playing Tone Junkie’s wicked good Tone Mister and Dirty Surly profiles.

I read in the Kabinet user manual that I can link two Kabinets as I’ve done, and the two Kabs (4 ohms each) are then wired in series yielding 8 ohms. I’m stumped as both Kabs and speaker cables are working independently of each other.

Thank you kindly for any assistance!
    -Rob