Posts by TLMJ777

Did you figure out why the headrush died? I just got one today and had the same issue happen within a couple minutes. My kemper is fine, still work with a passive cab, or a monitor, The headrush powers up fine. I can headnoise within the speaker that lets me know the volumbe know is up, but I can't get any sound of it if I use direct out, or left monitor output. I only have the one 112 FRFR

I just purchased a kemper last week. I really like the Top Jimi profile packs. I've purchased both the AFD100 and The Tim Caswell mods pack as well as the Brown Sound Pack. My Duncan Distortion is a bit shrill and harsh with these packs and I'm sure it has to do with being a hotter pickup then what was used to profile these. Does anyone use a Duncan Distortion bridge or JB neck with these? I appreciate any recommendations on how to tweak these profiles to make the Duncan's work with them.

suddenly on about the 5 try the USB stick data was recognized where as before it kept saying no data when the file was there. Updating 6.0 has resolved the issue. According to kemper support it was a corrupt rig file that was causing this.

You can either simply delete "MB Guy Ton V30 B3" after deactivating "Autoload". Then you could press "Factory Rigs" in System Settings to recover that Rig.

Or you simply upgrade to our current OS 6.0, which will automatically fix the issue and you will enjoy the new reverb algorithms. Press "Factory Presets" in System Settings after the upgrade to import the corresponding new reverb presets.

So I am also getting this same error too after only a couple days of owning a kemper. I've opened a support ticket and I am waiting on a reply. I believe mine is running the 5.5 OS, not the 6.0 so I downloaded that version, but the issue I'm having now is it does not recognize any usb devices. I've taken a couple of these suggestions like switching between browser and tuner, etc but to no avail. The USB port did work fine three days ago when I downloaded two profile packs from Top Jimmy. Any idea why it might not be recognizing anything plugged into the USB and does anyone know of a workaround? I was going to take the Kemper to a friend's studio today but unfortunately now I have this error. I really love the tones so far but I'm starting to worry about the long term reliability of this device.

&thumbnail=1

Greatly appreciated. So on mine I don't see a speaker output marked in red. The seller on reverb said it was 600w powered version but unless they sent me the wrong thing it is not. Contemplating returning it and getting a powered one. I do have a mackie powered mixer and a marshall 6100 I can use to test this out. To do that properly would I just connect it form the left main out on the kemper to the return on the effects loops then to the Marshall 6100 speaker input out to the cab and ensure the amp is sitting on the clean channel with a flat eq?

On a side note do you have any opinion or feedback to offer it the powered kemper sounds better than say an unpowered kemper with a Matrix GT800FX or similar? So far I'm excited by what I've heard just with headphones but now I have to rethink my plans vs what I though was being shipped to me so I appreciate the recommendations.

My apologies if this has been addresses before but I could not quite find the answers I was looking for.

So I just purchased a 600W Kemper primarily for the variety of Marshall Amps I can use with it. I would like to connect this through a Carvin 4x12 Cab I have that uses Vintage 30's for Speakers. I already know you need to disable the cabinet button when connected to a real cabinet. I plugged it into the speaker cabinet with the cable going to the monitor output but I'm not sure if that is the right output connection I should be using from the back of the amp. This has a lot more connection outputs than any amp I've owned before. Also I would like to know if there are any additional things I should do to improve how it sounds through a real guitar cabinet? I went to the output button and selected Live W Guitar Cab. Is there anything else I should do or be careful not to do? I have already purchased the Brown Sound and AFD100 profiles so I'm very excited to hear how these sound through the cabinet when set up properly. I appreciate any tips and apologize in advance for having such a basic question about which output the speaker cab should go to.