Posts by sean4175ridner

Hello Kemper Forum! 1st time poster here, so I apologize for any newb issues with my post.

I write songs in my little home studio for my heavy metal/melodic metalcore band. I believe I've gotten some fantastic tones out of my Kemper, and that's actually the problem. I have a Splawn Nitro profile I got off of Rig Exchange and very very heavily modified (seriously there's like no good stock profiles for super high gain). I've tested my modified profile in many mixes and have had a lot of compliments on the sound. However, as a guitarist does, to get the sound I boosted here, then there, then over there, etc.

So the Stack EQ is sitting at +3.6, +3.4, +5.0, +4.8

I have 2 graphic EQ blocks with mostly boosts on many upper frequencies, and with all these elements, it sounds good (no clipping either).

As I learned more about mixing, I found out that you should focus on subtractive EQ'ing, and not boost unless you have to. Knowing this, I on multiple occasions have tried to get the sound I know and love without all the boosting everywhere. No matter what I try, the result is never anywhere close to where it began (not because of volume level, I match levels using my DAW as reference).

With all that said, my question is "Am I boosting too many areas of the Kemper at once that may fundamentally cause an issue?"

I know "If it sounds good, it is good" but it seems like this could spell future problems. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!