Posts by Vinny Burns

I do my cruical recording on harddisks not larger than 1 GB.

Every bit has more space on these less dense harddisks.

The result is a more airy and relaxed track. You should try it. Difference is obvious.

PS: Seagate harddisks sound the best IMHO. But I wlll do more tests.

😂😂😂

That would be a nice feature but I would take it one step further and actually create a SetList mode like RJM midi editing software. You would have a setlist folders in RM and each folder could be reordered easily in RM then copied to KPA. More than one setlist could be stored simultaneously in the KPA (as long as the total songs didn’t exceed the 125 slots available). You could change between setlists with the browser rather than go to the end of one set to start the next.

That would be great.

Fantastic.

Yes, I would choose that over any new guitar. Nice one.
    Sold my OB8 a couple of years back now and miss it. Have a Pro 08 but it’s not the same. 😊

What do you mean with feedback? Regarding the Kemper delays it's for dialing in the amount of repetitions and has nothing to do with a feedback produced by a guitar and a speaker at high volume.

He means the old tape effect that you can hear on records over the years where the repeat on the delay goes haywire and does self feedback. Not the guitar feeding back, the actual effect.

Even the end of EVH eruption has it except Eddie manually fades the effect out. You can hear the sound degrading every cycle before he fades it. The sound normally would never fade.
    As the repeats start to freak out, they get more saturated and the sound gets steadily more lo fi and changes drastically.

You may as well be renting the unit from them with these limitations put on who stores your files.

This is a software mentality that has been transferred over to hardware. It’s not a business model I would ever buy into.

They lost my interest with the omission of a euro socket to power the thing.

Isn’t this the whole idea of having a Tele, Strat, Les Paul etc. They should sound different. It’s why for decades people have favourited some over others. When I go from Les Paul to Strat to Tele to whatever, I always hear from the Kemper what I expect to hear.

Same with my three supposedly identical Les Paul’s from the 70s. Each one has a little difference although the hardware on them is identical.

If you were plugging each of the above into the actual amp before it was profiled, you would have the same result.

I love that in the studio that with a certain amp selected that I can suddenly think maybe the tele would work better for this part and have that difference from each guitar available as an option.

This is not a Kemper thing. It’s universal. Why would you want all your different types of guitars to sound the same?

Thanks to both of you. You were of great help! With these information, I can set up something nice. Appreciated!

The way he sets his Boss SD1 , you can’t take the hands off the guitar without it feeding back. It’s a very gainy sound that will feedback once you stop playing unless you turn the pickup off with its volume control or the toggle switch.

When you are setting up the sound, experiment with the SD1 settings. The SD1 is a big part of the high gain sound.

I played a couple of gigs with Zak in Japan in 1999. His rig was really simple.
    He had his Bullseye Les Paul with EMG’s. His home made pedalboard which was a piece of wood with a Wah, Rotovibe (the red wah looking one) a Boss SD1 and a Boss Super chorus pedal.
    The rest of us were using rental backline and I assume Zak was too unless he keeps an Ozzy rig out there. I am positive it was just rental gear though. It was just a JCM800 2203 head and Marshall 1960b cab. The second show was a charity gig at the Hard Rock Cafe in Tokyo. He just used the same pedalboard and a little JCM800 combo for that. Sounded just the same.
    In rehearsals, he spent two seconds setting it up and it was just his sound straight away.

L-R Tom Keifer, me, Zak and Paul Gilbert. Not great being a short arse with these lot. 😂

Yes, absolutely agreed. When I step on any Rig in a Performance, I want it to be recalled in the exact state of when that Rig was built and saved.

hi Vinnie!!i see that you like to profile your amps,do you sell your profiles?

I don’t sell them.

As I understand, I would only be able to post in the commercial sellers part on here and not be able join in the rest of the forum if I started to sell them. I do like to be able to post the odd question here and would miss that.

Still going through profiling all my favourite studio sounds from over the years. From regular to oddball stuff.

I do like the sound of the Kemper graphic and where the frequency interval are placed.

However, I would also love to see the option to have the MXR 6 band graphic in the Kemper. Much easier than having to profile with a 6 band graphic in front of the amp when trying to get close to something like those Scholz rhythm and lead sounds. The 800 band is needed.

This MXR and the Boss have been used by so many artists over the years.

The Mesa 5 band would be great too. Fortunately, i have that built into my Mk3's here in the studio so can easily profile that.