Posts by Vinny Burns

Yes they do.

This is not the white noise that ramps up after turning the unit off, this is a hiss while the unit is on. On mine during profiling, turning the ground on the send to ON does exactly as described above. Really loud hiss. The ground switch for the send is useless because of this.

So when you say they know about this, is it definitely this issue and not the white noise when turning the unit off?

If I understand it correctly, you can always have spillovers when switching between rigs, for delays and reverbs that are located in the default DLY and REV modules. CK himself mentioned " 'condition-free spillover' of the DLY and REV module" in this same thread (page 21) as one of the reasons to keep the serial signal flow as it is and not introducing parallel effects routing.

Brilliant. Thank you.

I had a similar noise when I tried lifting the ground on the send to profile an amp. It was like something else got routed into the signal and the hiss was so loud. Could not use the send ground lift in the end to get rid of a little hum so ended up having to use an iso transformer to get rid of it.

Mine is occasionally doing this white noise thing on shut down too. It was only on one of the output on the left (I use the main left and right outputs). It starts off quiet then gets pretty loud. Going to update the firmware tonight to see if that cures it. Does it on most shut downs.

Also had it freeze on me twice where it needed to be turned off and had a dsp card not found (or something similar) error.

Edit still does it with the latest update.

Great to see its being looked into so soon. ?

Thanks.

Yes, just slowly getting into programming a performance with a test rig with an amp that I liked.

If I don’t find an amp similar enough to my sound, I will just profile my CAE 3+SE or a Mesa Mk3. I could even profile my AX8 amp settings. ?

Thanks for the reply.

Vinny the manuals are generally really good. Rember that the printed manual that ships with all Kempers is just a basic guide the full upto date manual is downloadable from the website.

I would actually suggest starting with the tutorial videos on the Kemper website. Although they relate to the Head and Rack the functionality is pretty much identical between them and the Stage as far as I can make out.

Thanks so much. Will watch the videos now. Cheers. ?

My Profiler Stage just arrived today. Never used a Kemper before, been using Fractal for years and before that, my old Bradshaw system rack.

It sounds really good. Very happy. Just need to learn the Kemper way of doing things now and get my live set programmed up.

Going to dig into the manuals tonight and work out as much as I can. Before I do that, is there a way to have a performance default to any of the 1-5 switches on selection of that performance? For instance, on selecting a particular performance, it will already be set to go on rig 3 in that performance. Do performances have to have identical effects chains to have spillover work properly when switching between rigs in any given performance.

Anyway, like I said, really happy with how this sounds and looking forward to getting it programmed up. ?

I have my Profiler Stage on preorder. Been using two AX8’s live since their release. Straight to PA and monitors. I have waited forever for Kemper to bring this floor board to market. So glad they have.

If all works as well as I am hoping, I will be ordering another Profiler Stage and retiring the AX8’s

Really looking forward to receiving it ?