Posts by Vinny Burns

Well, Luke was a big influence when I was growing up. Schenker too. ? Loved the melodies and overall finesse to their playing.

Thank you. ?

Cheers guys. have to say, it was so easy going between my profiles as we were recording.
    I mainly used the CAE 3+SE/Mesa 295/ Suhr Reactive Load IR profiles I did.

But, also used some profiles of one of my Mk3 Mesa’s into the Suhr Reactive Load IR and a profile of my rehoused AC30 head into a JCM800 4x12 with an SM57.
    So, to have everything at hand profile wise and switch between things and maybe tweak the gain a little and just save that for when we needed that sound again was just so quick.

On this song, I used my main ‘78 Les Paul for the solos.
    Used that same Les Paul and a Tele Ultra for the rhythm guitars. Tele Ultra for clean.

Here is the video of our new single by my band Dare.
    Song is called Born In The Storm

All guitar sounds are Kemper

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for the reply.
    I originally brought in a Mk3 Boogie from the Rig Exchange and put it into slot one of the Performance. Then, I built the first Performance from there copying rigs into other slots.
    After a couple of days, I profiled one of my own Mk3 (I have 3 in my studio) to have my own sounds and settings.

That stack was then pasted into the slots. None of my own Rig Tags made it with that paste. I don’t understand why when a different amp of my own profiling is pasted into that slot that it does not override the Rig Tags.

How are you supposed to end up as the author when any Rigs you use in a Performance the first day you have it then stick throughout.
    Since even then, I have ended up with all my own 3+SE/Mesa295/ Suhr Reactive Load IR as well as a few of my other amps and devices I have profiled in all my Performances.

All a bit of a nightmare. I basically need to save all my individual effects from most slots in most profiles on 22 live Performances now and start them all from scratch with new Performances. At the same time, initiating each one of these Performances again with my own profiled rigs and noting down all the rig volumes of each Rig in all 22 Performances.

Surely it must be appreciated that the first day you have your new Kemper at home that you won’t already have done your own profiles. So, when making your first Performances you are using other peoples profiles almost as placeholders. As soon as you paste your own own profiled amps into the stack, it should update the author and all the other Rig Tags in that slot.

I have spent months getting all these Performances fine tuned and all my work is showing someone else as the author.
    It should recognise that I am using my own profiles now.

It is what it is but it’s a big oversight. Even the renaming of the slot is far from perfect. Because some of them were renamed by me to Mesa Mk3 Rhythm or Lead, that name is still there and pressing the Use Rig Name button seems to do do nothing even though it’s now a 3+SE. That maybe user error but I have tried before and the names I originally gave them slots still stick.

I foresee a lot of Kemper Performance reprogramming in early 2022.

Thanks so much for the helpful reply. I really do appreciate it. ?

So, when I first got my Kemper Stage when first released in the UK, I originally made all of my live Performances from Rigs in the unit or from the Rig Exchange.
    Since then, all these rigs have been updated and all the amps are my own profiles and effects all mine too.

When I look at the Rig tags in a Performance on my Stage, all the Rigs have the original authors names from whatever Rigs were first used when setting up my original Performances the first few days and weeks that I had the unit.

All Performances in my live set used this original Performance as a template so now, every Rig in every Performance has the wrong information as to what the Rig name is, who the Rig author was, Rig Instrument and Rig Comments etc. How do I get to edit these in Rig Manager as they do not show up there.
    Do I have to plug a USB keyboard into my Stage and alter every Rig tag in every performance manually?

Vinny do you still using the Fractal?if no,why did you switch to the Kemper?

No, I stopped using the Fractal stuff as soon as the Kemper Stage became available ?

The transpose on the Kemper is better as is the latency of the transpose. The Fractal latency was dynamic and moved all the time. The Kemper is consistent.

Was waiting for an all in one from Kemper like the Stage for a long time.

On top of that, the fact I can profile my amps with my settings is a no brainer.

Do you currently use cabs on stage? Did you with your old systems?

For these last two UK dates, I have taken two Headrush 112 speakers just for something behind me.
    Normally, I am straight to PA, monitors and sidefills.

Done that with Fractal and now my Kemper’s for years and years now.

Although I took those Headrush cabs, they are not necessary. I am happy with monitors and sidefills.

In my Bradshaw system days, I always had at least two Marshall 1960B cabs onstage.
    As soon as you move away from those 4x12’s though, you are reliant on the sidefills and monitors anyway as Marshall 4x12’s don’t really radiate the sound around the stage. They are just a straight beam. Step to the side and you don’t really hear them.

really man?do you think the Kemper is better than the Bradshaw system?

Absolutely.
    The chasing your tale with every new ground loop problem with any new inclusion to the rack is worth it.
    Nothing wrong with Bob’s stuff. It’s amazing. It still is and I still own it. But those days of having an 18 unit rack etc are long gone for touring expenses.
    The Kemper isn’t a compromise though. It’s an all in one solution.
    The Bradshaw part of the system was revolutionary. Wether it was the RSB18 system or the later stuff with CAE RS10, 4x4 and Dual Line Mixers. It set the standard and for me still does.
    I am now happy having two flight cases with a main Kemper Stage and a backup Kemper Stage.

I have to add, the systems Bob made are only as good as the equipment you load in your rack around them.

The only thing I miss is a much longer delay time for the mono delay.

What is behind you Vinny? A Kabinet? Glad the band is out playing again. Cheers...

Thank you.
    I was just using two Headrush 112. They do the job behind me but, across the stage, the Kemper is through all wedges at varying levels………. depending on how loud the other guys want me in their monitors. ?

Wow! First time the Stage was used in anger then?

Where was it, defo need to come and see you guys!

Well, since having the stage units, I did manage to get to use them at two rock cruises in Norway in December 2019 and Sweden in January 2020. Then we did a gig in Portugal at the end of January 2020. Then it all went to shit ?

The venue was the Picturedrome in Holmfirth. First time we have played there but it was a great venue.
    Will let you know when we have any in East Mids. ?