Posts by madbanjoman

I have a Morningstar MC6 and if I program it with the correct CC from the Kemper MIDI manual I can turn an effect on or with 0 or 1. The Kemper MIDI manual says the value can be any number. If I choose any number other then 0 or 1 nothing happens.

When I use 0 or 1, because the MC6 doesn't know the current state of the effect a single press is doesn't always result in the effect being toggled.

Is there a value for the CC number that just toggles the effect regardless of its current state?

The Kemper MIDI manual seems to indicate that but I haven't found that true in practice.

Update to this thread:

I am on my 4th Stage since the release and I am still getting intermittent foot switch failure on it just like 2 of the last 3 Stages. I really think Kemper has no idea how to identify which units have this problem and just keep sending them out.

the noise described by madbanjoman and AiAKpr seems to be another issue

(maybe even induced externally outside the PROFILER ?)

Mine is on its way back to Kemper America repair center. Not sure what the cause of the noise is but if it's something outside of the Stage, then nothing else in my house is susceptible to it. Including my HX Stomp and Atomic firebox connected to the same power strip and playing through the same monitor amp as well as my Amp1, HXFX and Ashdown tube amp all in the same room.

Recovery didn't last.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Nothing is plugged into my Stage but a pair of headphones and all it does is make horrible noises.

I have opened a ticket with support

I was able to recover by updating back to 7.1.4. It was doing it on this firmware as well so I don't have high hopes that it won't happen again.

Unfortunately running my Stage without a power strip is not really an option. I have too few outlets to run anything without a power strip of some sort. Nothing else in my chain on my power strip is behaving this way, only the Stage.

Down grading to firmware 7.1.2 did not help my Stage:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In fact, now it appears to be making this noise all the time.

Not sure which user you are talking to. I was running the latest firmware 7.1.4 when what happened in the video happened both today and yesterday. I wasn't connected via usb, just playing through it.

I rolled back to 7.1.2 and so far I haven't experienced the failure again, but I don't know how to reproduce it so I can't tell that it can't happen on 7.1.2 just that I never experienced it before updating to 7.1.4.

This is what I just experienced on 7.1.4.

I am rolling back to 7.1.2 to see if that helps

I think it might be fixed for me after installing 7.1.4.

For me, the clock error would display on every boot even with Stage plugged into the mains.

After updating to 7.1.4, I filmed this video:

I booted it with the usb connected to it and my mac: no error

I booted it with usb disconnected: no error

I unplugged and replugged into the mains: no error.

On some profiles I recently purchased the effect position on the 4 effects foot switches can't be changed. For instance reverb is locked to switch 4. I can remove it from 4 but I can't assign it to any other foot switch. On other profiles from a different company, I can move the reverb to any foot switch.

So this leads me to believe that the effect is somehow locked to foot switch, but I can't find where this could be undone.

The profiles in question are from Selah Sounds.

Anyone else experience this?

I am waiting for my 3rd Stage to arrive today. Two months ago, my first Stage had multiple foot switches stop working. Two days ago, one of the switches on my 2nd Stage stopped working suddenly. Kemper support was very responsive and got my replacement out quickly. I figured I would update fellow Stage owners here. When it first happened, I guessed they had a bad run of early units. Now I am left to worry they have no idea why the switches are failing. Hopefully this not the case but it's very disappointing that I can't trust that my Stage will stay working.