Posts by BrentKer

The Clean sens has a dual function. It’s primary function is as a global levelling control to make clean sounds balance well with dirty sounds. This can be either cut or boost. I usually find I need to reduce clean sens other wise clean sounds are too loud relative to dirty ones. The secondary function is as an input gain control if the signal is clipping.

As Navar said though the AD converters are extremely forgiving (they have a ton of headroom) and it is really hard to make them clip. Try this as a test. Turn off all three signal chain blocks (Stomps, Stack and FX) completely. This will give you a pure sound without any distortion at all from the amp profile. Now turn the clean sens to Max. Is it clipping? You usually have to push it pretty hard to get any noticeable clipping. If it is reduce the Clean sens until the clipping stops. That’s the highest point you can go to without your clean sounds having any unwanted clipping. However, the AD converters also appear to clip quite gently so even when they do clip it might not be a major problem.

I will try that :) Thanks for your answer, I'll keep you posted.

I don't see a big difference when I turn down the clean sense.
    So I wonder how big of an impact it really has, because i'm not hearing any clipping...

The guitar used is a Gibson Les Paul with Classic 57 PAF-style pickups by the way.

Don't overthink this. The AD converters and the input section is really forgiving and the red light is not an instant "error" indicator. I find the red light is a bit irritating but I started to forget about it. You can turn down the clean sense a bit and the red light will disappear but if you don't hear any change in sound I would not care too much. :)

I was wondering if it has to do with my pickups, however they're not that hot (compared to active ones).

What has the clean sense to do with clipping the input? I thought it was only to 'boost' clean profiles?

Hi guys,

I noticed that my input’s LED becomes red from time to time, so I guess it’s clipping.

My input settings are:

Noise gate: 2.1

Clean sens: 5.0 db

Dist sens: 0.0 db

Input: input source

Reamp sens: 0.0 db

(Also increased the rig volume a bit)

Especially when I use a wah in between the input and the guitar, it shows that it’s clipping.

However I do not hear it.

Any ideas?
    My output doesn't clip at all.

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, do you guys feel like updating the Kemper to OS7 changes the sound compared to OS6?

I came across a post on Facebook yesterday in which someone was complaining about that after he updated to the latest OS.

I own a Kemper Profiler Stage, so I'm unable to compare it to anything from the past as it came with OS7.

I personally don't feel like the Kemper sounds digital in any way, but some people on Facebook believe that it does sound more digital after updating. :p

So what's your opinion about it? :S

I personally try to only use it if there is "no other way" of coping with noise. At as a minimum level as possible. I don't see any purpose for it to be turned on with clean sounds so, no, the use of a ng is better used individually, according to each sound or patch imo.

EpicusFuror, I guess so, but it also depends on which guitar you use and the overall environment.
    e.g. a guitar with single cois will always be noisier than one equipped with humbuckers. & my 'home studio' gives me less noise compared to my rehearsal room.

I have my NG at 1,4 for every profile (on input though) but I guess you can try stuff out and see what works best for you.
    You can lock the input settings which means that any profile you use, will always have the same input settings :)

Yes, I get that.
    Though the explanation why you *could* buy MIKKO is simple just watch their clip on YouTube.:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's fine if you don't want to use it, but the fact that they've make something that very intuitive to create custom IR, is super cool.

That's the reason why I've shared the link.

You can drag n' drop the folders you want to the RM, but it will import just the files. It will not create the folder name automatically. You have to do it manually, before dropping the files to the RM.

You can create a folder structure in your RM, according to your needs.

By the way, you don't have to load the Rigs into the Kemper to try them out. You can test them just by browsing RM.

+1
    Yes and be sure to click on Rigs instead of presets first.

I wasn't able to add anything to RM until I found out that I was trying to import .KIPR in the 'presets' instead of rigs ;)

No. You can put it in a slot and lock it but only the global noise gate can be used without taking up a Stomp slot.

Exactly, If you long press input on your Profiler there is a setting for a general noise gate which can be locked.
    However I wouldn't recommend setting that one too high.

Hi guys,

I had a question about the main volume out on my Kemper.

I was wondering what exactly does the volume mean, like how does it impact my profiles if I change that setting.

The other guy in my band uses a Helix (which apparently doesn't show the output volume at all) and said that he didn't understand the meaning of it on my Kemper.
    Which made me question the accuracy as well:

Example:

At the moment, my Kemper is set to -17db main output volume.
    - What impact does rig volume have on this setting?
    - If I increase that setting would that impact the main out?
    - How does the volume of the effects effect the main output volume.

So in short, how certain am I that my main output volume is exactly -17db?

This might be a stupid question, but I guess if you want to normalize your profiles this is something to account for.

Either way, I'm glad that Kemper shows the level unlike Line 6...