Posts by BrentKer

Hi guys,
    So I haven't posted in this thread yet, here I go.
    For the last 7 years, I've been dragging around Marshall amps and 4x12 cabinets to every gig.
    In the beginning my band thought it was cool to rock Marshall full stacks everywhere, but that quick changed when we had to set those up every time again.

Coming from a full stack, I made the decision to go with a half stack because that would save my a lot of hassle.

Then I bought my dream amp but I wasn’t aware that the amp itself didn’t feature a dedicated clean channel, which made me buy a 12” combo to go along with that for the cleans.
    And due to the fact that I like to swap guitars (and have a backup) during a show, I had to buy another car because all of that wouldn’t fit in my old one (#luxuryproblems).

After giging with that setup for a few years, recently I changed my mind about things because of the endless built up my band has combined with a soundcheck and setting up in-ears.
    (Roughly 1,5 hours to set everything up.)

Besides that I don’t want to ruin a collectable Marshall amp by taking it with me to every gig, so my cousin introduced me to Kemper (he has a powered toaster).
    I was amazed how good it sounded, mostly about the fact that the profile of my amp just sounds like the real deal!

I’m looking forward to take the Stage with me to rehearsals and gigs.
    The fact that have my live setup available anywhere makes it really cool!

I still love the look of a stage filled with Marshall 4x12 cabs, but I guess we have to take a look at some dummy ones now. ;)

And also, I might need to get my gym membership renewed as I don’t have to weight-lift all that gear, every time we’re doing a gig!

I’m already digging the Kemper Profiler Stage, but I have the feeling that I have only discovered like 20% of all its features.
    Been playing it non-stop since the 2nd of August.^^

I was playing around with the looper earlier and noticed that I cannot return to performance or browser mode with the return button on the Stage.

I have to press the looper button again to exit.

Any chance that you can add this to the software?

I know it might be something unnecessary but it’s a nice to have. :)

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you had a tricks to increase or decrease multiple profiles in volume.

Right now, I connect my Stage to LPX to see what input volume i’m getting in order to adjust my performances with the rig volume.

But I wonder wether or not increasing the rig volume has any impact on the overall sound, or increases the chance of having a profile that clips.

I have just added Morphing to my main sound with a 3db rig volume boost for solos.
    ATM I do not know how well it will perform as I haven't tried it out with the band.

I haven chosen to give my signal a 3db boost to make it slightly louder without sending too much to FOH.

Might want to experiment with it.

It would be awesome to have an option in settings to select wether or not the Stage should boot if plugged in.

I like the fact that it does that, but it seems that some people dislike it for some reason.

Please make it a selectable option :)

Hi guys,

I’m wondering what you guys are doing to boost your solos?

ATM I think there are 3 ways to go:

- creating a separate solo slot in a performance

- adding a boost pedal to your FX chain

- morph up the rig volume

Any other recommendations? Shoot below :)?⤵️