Posts by BrentKer

I had the same idea but changed my mind and went full Kemper last week.

If you want to use the Kemper for its effects, you should use the 4 cable method for it.
    Why? Because otherwise you won't be able to assign effect both in front and in the loop of your amp.

Here are the instructions to use 4 CM with a Kemper:

Guitar -> Kemper Input

Amp send -> Noise Gate In

Noise Gate Out ->Return Kemper

Amp Return -> Main Output (L or R) Kemper

Amp Input -> Send Kemper

Disable Stack & add a mono loop to the X block in your Kemper's effects chain.

I have received the Stage last Friday, and it's amazing!

Only had one little 'issue' with it and that is the fact that the unit was a bit wobbly (guess the feet aren’t equally as high)...
    I have put some felt in-between the Kemper and the feet, and the problem was solved. ;)

Last Tuesday I did my first rehearsal with it and the other guys in the band were really impressed by the sound.

I guess that's the only tip I can give, use high-quality profiles otherwise you might not be satisfied with it.
    Don't cheap out, because sometimes it's better to purchase a professional profile from somewhere.

It's my first Kemper, I've been playing with it for days and I'm really impressed how easy to understand it really is.

I like it a lot. :)

Hi guys,

I know this thread is pretty controversial, but either way I'd like to open it.

With the new Kemper Profiler Stage on its way, I was thinking that it might serve well as an effects unit, for people who want best of both worlds.
    Just as the Helix, the Profiler Stage is a ground unit, so it would make perfect sense if it's able to do so.

At this point in time, I'm thinking for getting a Kemper (Stage) to controle my fx on my Marshall stack as well as to serve as stand alone product.
    My current setup is a pedalboard and a second amp for my clean sounds (because my Marshall head only features one channel).

I do not want to profile it (right now) in any way to remove the amp (stack) from stage, just because I love the amp on its own.
    However, due to the endless tweaking of pedals (changes in transportation,...) and the fact that I have to carry a second amp, I'm looking for an all-in-one solution to correlate.

Right now we (I'm testing this with someone who owns a powered KPA) do not get the results that we're hoping for.
    Only the pre (front of amp, Kemper) effects seem to work and there is change in volume (effects are way too quiet).

I have read a few threads on the 4CM with a Kemper Profiler (on this forum) and I know that it's is possible, however the post effects do not work (reverb, delay,...) for us.

Is there anyone who knows what might be up?
    Do we have to change the routing of the signals, in order to get it to work? (Inside of the Kemper).

I know that a Helix requires some tweaking of the setting, for it to work as an effects unit.
    The amp itself has used a POD HD500 in the past as fx unit, connected with 4CM and that worked fine.

So in short:
    How do I connect the Kemper Profiler to a 'normal' amp (4cm or something else, are there any setting I have to change)?
    Is there a way that I can combine the Kemper as profiler and as effects unit for that regular amp (like A/B switching, maybe the performance modes or a real ABY).

Again, I know that the Kemper isn't intended to be a multi-effects unit.

Your help would be much appreciated! :)

In the attachment you can find the way we've connected the powered Kemper to the amp right now.