Posts by svenelof

cags12 I have just received 6 replacement knobs in the post thanks to Kemper Support..... but none of them worked. They all still slid right off so the hardware problem is the metal prong that the knob slides on to. Also safe to bet that the browser push knob is a hardware issue too with it not registering. Kemper have asked me to post the faulty unit back to Germany in exchange for a new unit. Disappointed in the lack of quality control.

timo I will do once the replacement unit comes.

drop the sun True, I don't mind waiting for software updates. But seen a couple broken stomp switches. Had 2 of the knobs on my unit fall off just when turning the unit upside down. Then a few days later I've got the push function of the browser knob playing up. That's a lot of hardware problems on launch. I am hoping there was a bad batch upon launch and these will be figured out. I don't want to risk what hardware problems are waiting for me in another few days time or even months so I am exchanging my unit for another. Then i'll do some serious testing before refunding it. It needs to be able to handle the stage and it cant manage 3 days in a bedroom :( I've been back and forth with Kemper support... Will update with what they say tomorrow.

drop the sun such a shame. I've also just had a new problem with the browser knob not selecting rigs. I used to be able to scroll and push the button to select the rig. Now it works 2 or 3 out of 5 times I push it. Sometimes it will select it correctly, go to the main screen and then jump back to rig select screen as if i've pushed it. Think it could be a hardware problem with the knob, 2 other knobs are broken and you guys have broken stomps so i think its possible. Also having more software frozen screen issues where i cant select an effect. Then cant sync to rig manager.

I feel bad for posting more bad feedback on the Kemper Stage. But it's been nothing but a headache since arriving.

On top of loose knobs that fall off i now have these problems:

1 = When trying to select an effect preset I get a message saying "Assembling a list of presets"... this will stay on screen for over an hour, I cant select an effect.

2 = When connected to Rig manager, Rig manager will say not responding 7 out of 10 times.

3 = When I finally get Rig manager to work, I edit a rig and save it. Then Rig manager & Kemper will say "Syncing presets" again for well over an hour with no change.

4 = When scrolling through rigs with the browser knob, i find one i like and push the browser button to select it. This used to work and take me to the main screen displaying its name. Now it only works 2 out of 5 times that i push the browser knob to select. Sometimes it will select it then go back to the rig screen as if I've touched the browser knob. Weird. Not sure if this is hardware or software. The type knob and bass knob are so loose they fall off when upside down, so it could be a further hardware problem?

Anybody else having nothing but problems with their "Stage"? Either the first units sent out had some bad batches or it just wasn't ready for release. Unfortunately I've posted nothing but problems in this forum since it's arrival :(

Hardware issues: The knobs being so loose they fall off is dissapointing, I cant seeing this unit surviving the "stage" if it cant survive the house. With your 3rd stomp not working, it could be a faulty stomp switch? Looks like some units just were not checked right.

Software issues:

Anyone know how to spot if you have a test software or proper OS? Mine's screen has frozen. Rig manager has frozen and wont close so i have to restart my computer. Hopefully they fix this white noise headphone output issue. All those are software related it seems. Be good to know if these are from test softwares?

Crazy to ship these units with such obvious flaws, just worried other things may be lurking that arent as easy to spot right away. To be safe I think I will exchange mine before I over run my returns period (if thats a thing)

Anyone else finding issues with their Kemper Stages?

The type knob and now lately the bass knob both are sooo loose to the point of falling off when the unit is upside down. The headphone output is sending out white noise when the unit iss switched off. And the unit froze when connected to Rig Manager and I had to hold the power button down for 10 seconds or more to hard reset.

Not sure if I have a bad unit or others have experienced similar?

When playing at home with headphones in the Kemper Stage, if you power down then white noise plays through the headphones. Even when the Kemper is off. You have to turn down the volume of the headphone output before powering down to avoid this. But really that just still has white noise playing through, but it's volume is down.

Also, once you have powered down the white light on the soft power button still illuminates. Very annoying as every night when going to bed you have to do a full IEC cable unlpug to get rid of any illuminating lights. There should be a feature in 'system' that has all lights off once unit has been powered down, so I can sleep better haha.

Has anyone else with a Kemper Stage got the same issues? Seeing if the problem is with mine only. Thanks

When playing at home with headphones in the Kemper Stage, if you power down then white noise plays through the headphones. Even when the Kemper is off. You have to turn down the volume of the headphone output before powering down to avoid this. But really that just still has white noise playing through, but it's volume is down.

Also, once you have powered down the white light on the soft power button still illuminates. Very annoying as every night when going to bed you have to do a full IEC cable unlpug to get rid of any illuminating lights. There should be a feature in 'system' that has all lights off once unit has been powered down, so I can sleep better haha.

Has anyone else with a Kemper Stage got the same issues? Seeing if the problem is with mine only. Thanks