Posts by creart01

ok, I'm normally standing while playing so I would need something a bit higher, but nice to hear how others are dealing with this :)

A lot of the pro bands I see video of have either Kemper racks in a 19 inch rack or a speaker cabinet where the toaster is on top....

We go straight to PA and use in-ears so no need for cabinets...

It is the toaster that i use yes... a rack unit would just go into the 19 inch rack that we use with interfaces (audio and midi), 19 inch pc, headphone amp etc. And on top of that rack is a monitor otherwise i’d just put the kemper there..

but maybe the bag is an alternative ... will look into it.. i als found some beamer/projector tables online that might be a solution with a stand height of around 1 meter...

Hi, with my band I will be using the Profiler live in over a month...

Outputs from the Kemper will connect to a PC , through Focusrite and ADAT interface where mixing from all instruments will be done in GigPerformer (also other plugins and setlists are arranged by that program)

From the audio-interface we'll go straight to PA fro the whole band...

I'm just not sure where to place the Profiler and was wondering how you guys do that...

Are there specific 'tables' (high enough to be able to edit if necessary) that can be used or do you just put it on the floor somewhere out of the way??

Just wondering :)

cheers Hans

Sure Chris - I did have a Behringer digital mixer in the past but actually that's in my band's stdio now - and even there we don't use it anymore...

normally I keep all equipment connected so it should not be necessary to change input/output volumes...

I did however have too little inputs so had to swap - asking for input volume problems....

If everything's ok I now have solved it differently using spdif for in and out from/to Kemper...

Now I need to take time to get levels and latency settings right as well and I'm good to go!!!:thumbup::)

Ya Chris - from the top of my head I think Logic has sort of folders as well ors subtracks as I said - have to be in front of the monitor to see what it did again...

Ya after Notator on Atari ST I went to apple and stayed with Logic although I now also use Waveform (former Tracktion) because it has Mac and Windows versions and in my band's studio we use PC.. never really cared for Cubase really (except for ages ago on Atari ST as well)

Splitting up in direct and recorded folders was my solution so far as well - combining that with colors for the associated tracks is something I will try with the upcoming work!!

Thanks guys!!!

Hee Martijn - (de naam is Hans by the way) Ya I use RM and have updated the OS - I'm on a 'normal' profiler though - not sure what problems might occur with Stage...
    Normally I would hesitate too but my Profiler came with system 5.5 and there were some new reverbs in the later systems that I liked, so just had to do it :)
    So I had to go to 6.0 first and then went to 7 and now it's 7.01 I think? The latest anyway...
    7 did crash a couple of times - so it kept hanging on some parameter changes, but since I'm pretty much used to working with computers and software that's not really a strange thing to me :)

And I must say that the latest software so far has not given me real problems, although at the moment I'm importing rigs from USB stick which is REAL slow and I have cancelled once already...

It depends on 'where you come from ' I guess... having had modelers for ages - Line 6 Pods and Helix Native software, the switch is pretty easy....

And compared to some stuff I had, and working a whole lot with softsynths as well, it is now a breeze having the hands-on experience of dialing a knob and having instantaneous response...

Sure I will need to spend time on organising rigs and performances but I myself have loved flexibility for as long as I played - one of the reasons I use Variax guitars and bass as well as synthesizers and also a drumkit with Roland drum module connected.

And knowing what sort of sound to expect helps as well...

For the band there will be a selection of most used sounds, mainly because I want to have our music contain sort of a signature sound and not having too many different lead sounds help with that too in my opinion...

So - no surely no option paralysis - options and killer sound are the reason I bought this :)

cheers Hans

Hi I was wondering how other are handling this,,

To be as flexible as possible I am now recording the Kemper rig sound on one track while also recording the direct sound on a separate channel..

I am doing aongs where I could easily have 8 to 10 guitar tracks, meaning that guitar only takes 20 channels...

the direct channels will then be muted unless I need to reamp a track..

I am still trying to figure out what best workflow and organisation would be..

I was wondering if any of you guys share a similar workflow and how you go about doing this?

Cheers Hans

Ya Deadman.. of course it’s a trial and error thing..

Yesterday i got extra spdif cables so i can use both in and out from my saffire pro24 interface..

I can also leave my direct out connrcted now, before I had to change that more often .. i also needed that input for other stuff as well, so had to readjust more often.

It would now be a matter of recording straight and reamping signals and comparing until it’s as close as possible - then leave the settings as is.

Actually this was the main advantage of using Helix native where only clean guitar signal was recorded and the Helix plugin is always in the end of the signal chain...no reamping... just readjusting...

But recordings like I just did using 10 guitar tracks would then need 10 Helix Native plugins instances to be loaded which my computer can hardly handle.. sure I can freeze the tracks but it ‘frustrates’ the workflow...