Posts by Ares22

Hello all!

I have a question about my Kemper Rack. I am wanting to get a patch bay to mount on the front of the rack, simply because it would make life simpler when playing out live, and also with practicing/recording. When I do this though, I was wondering if I would be able to leave the back rack door on, and have the rack facing up behind a cab on stage, or to have at my feet when I am recording, because I dont have a lot of desk space.

Would this be ok? Or do I need to have the rack fully opened on both ends?

Sorry for the noob question, but I was just wanting to make sure either way.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I really do appreciate them all, and I am gonna keep on looking. In the meantime, Im gonna do like ElDoca said, and just run the IEM signal back into another floor monitor if we happen to have someone show up.

Hello everyone!

I recently purchased an Unpowered Rack Model and Remote, and I am trying to put a full rig together for live use, but I am having a little trouble with a power amp situation. ?(

In my band, we all use IEMs, so for us, running the Kemper straight into the board is no problem.

The problem is that we occasionally have people sit-in with us, so in order for them to be able to hear what I am doing, I would need to have a cab on stage to run through, so they weren't just relying on trying to catch some off the Mains.

My question is this: Would it be better to just get a Quilter Tone Block, or Orange Pedal Baby, or really any other thing like that and just have it and a cab on standby in case someone else shows up?

Or would it be better to just go ahead and get a rack mountable power amp to always have and have it setup for just plugging in the cab?

Ive looked at the Matrix GT800, and the SD Powerstage, and several others, but I don't know exactly how much the actual cab-monitoring-on-stage thing would happen. And even then, I don't want to spend a ton of money on a situation that may only happen a few times, but I also want something that is gonna sound great and won't break the bank.

I know I am all over the place. I am just really happy with the Kemper, and I want it to sound great when people are playing with us, but I also don't want my bank account hating me anymore. ^^