Posts by Frikeer

Or, y’know…..search and see if there’s a free way to adjust the pitch of online sources.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If I think enough of a song or artist to want to do a deep dive, I either already own the song, or buy it.

That's a good one, thanks!

If I'm picking a song apart or playing along I almost always use my DAW, It's just as fast as using any media player and gives you tons of control. I can open up any folder or file on my computer through it and adjust the tuning of the whole track quickly if needed. If I'm working on something difficult, I'll break it down into loops (and sometimes slow them down) to get real nitpicky about a passage or something. I used to have to move the needle around on a record. Now I almost feel like I'm cheating being able to tune it, loop it and slow it down and still retain the pitch. I think the transpose is fine for what it does, but even if it did fine tune I would think it best to tune the track. I've used the transpose but unless I'm on headphones (rarely) or have the playback real loud I can still hear the string and it messes up my head especially with something like a 335 that even when not pitch adjusted can be strange hearing the guitar itself with the amplified sound.

Then you need to illegally download the music. A lot of the time I just want to play along to Spotify or YouTube.

So I've always had this problem when e.g. sending a backing track through my Kabinet. I used to send a backing track from my computer's 3.5mm out to the Kemper's aux in. This works great when playing through headphones. I get both right and left channel through the headphones. This works.

When I want to play through my Kabinet however, I only get the left channel from the aux. I have:
    Aux >Mono : Off

Monitor stereo: Off

This gives stereo through headphones but L channel only through Kabinet.

If I switch to:

Aux >Mono : On

Monitor stereo: Off

I get instead Mono through headphones and both channels (mono) through Kabinet.

This was fine and I basically never used both the headphones and the Kabinet anyway. I just ticked that box whenever I changed between them.

However, we now have audio over USB and I have no mono option left. Am I missing something in my setup? All I want to do is play some Spotify via USB through my Kabinet.

I put a set of Bare Knuckle Mother's Milk in my Strat after being annoyed by the usual loud G-string for a year or so. It's a 60s spec Fender American Original.

These things just sound killer. They are quite similar to the original pickups but with some more separation and without the string-inbalance. I'm getting great Knopfler and Frusciante-tones. The in-between positions sound a lot better. They manage to be more quacky and more balanced simultaneously somehow. If I really want some oumpff, I raise the middle pickup slightly and it does a decent SRV. If that sound is important to you, you could keep the Tex in the middle.

I couldn't be more happy. If I want more output, I go for the Tele bridge pickup or just a Les Paul. They are a lot of bang for the buck as well. Especially if you are in the UK but even after duties and stuff they are high-value. That you can choose stagger and polarity also made it easy to get what you want.

This happens to me as well, usually the first time changing performance after boot on the Toaster itself. It's been like that for as long as I can remember. Also, every now and then the performance changes on screen but the sound doesn't change or at least doesn't match the performance. I'll see if I can try to film it tonight.

EDIT: Boring video I also shared in the ticket

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I’m one of those people who wear through strings in a couple of weeks. If I’m in a period where I only play my LP for an hour a day, they stay decent for two weeks tops in the summer, and maybe another week in the winter.

I’ve always been using Slinky 9-42s and I do enjoy the sound of those. It’s what I’m used to. When I restringed the strat last Sunday I put on Elixirs instead. I’m sure they will hold up for longer but E-A-D strings sound dead from day one which sort of defeats the purpose.

I haven’t played the strat for a while and I started thinking that maybe it needs new pickups. I also tried adding treble and prescence and reducing bass which usually means it’s time for new strings.

I have high hopes for the cobalt strings I’ve purchased. They’re a lot pricier so hopefully they perform.

That might be so, but it still has nothing to do with Kemper focusing on building unnecessary functions. And even though this shouldn’t happen, with everything implemented over the last ten years, it obviously haven’t impacted core performance more than occasionally and then in the betas.

How do you know they aren’t regression testing properly? An edge case will sneak through every now and then, no matter how much money you through at it.

It’s not a coincidence that this thread was created now. I think it’s pretty unfair to imply a steady stream of problems due to the team pushing untested and unfinished software. It’s just not true.

If stability is all that matters to you, why upgrade at all?

I think I’ve had the same problem. Support was very supportive and suggested I send my unit to them for debug and potentially repair.

I cannot live without it and it always fixes itself with a reboot so I never did. I haven’t had the problem in probably a month or two now.

External Content youtu.be

It's actually possible at home when the Kemper is connected on your network.

Sure is! But the complexity of that setup with Poe-injectors, and Ethernet cables everywhere makes it not worth it for me. I want less cables, not more!