Posts by Frikeer

The Shure PSM-300 system is digital, stereo, robust and very low-latency. I bought it for live use but sometimes use it for practice at home.

I might have to go down this route. It is digital so I figure that the sound is pretty similar to the built in Headphone amp?

It hurts spending that much for a wireless headphone solution though.

I went down this road today after one final bout with the cord on my headphones. I usually play through my Kabinet but wife and neighbors won't be happy if I rock on after bedtime. I have both IEMs and some Over-ear headphones which sound incredible with the Kemper headphone amp.

I had a look at the Xvive U4 and almost ordered it when I realized that it is mono. I play to a lot to backing tracks and that would just remove some of the joy for me.

It seems everything else is rack size and has a lot of features I just don't need. I want to transport sound wirelessly from the Kemper to my headphones. The Boss Waza seems ridiculous and alright at best.

Does anybody have experience with e.g. the LD Systems MEI 1000 G2for home use? Any other suggestions?

I got very inspired by this thread and bought some chicken picks the other day. Comfortwise they are great and I guess I could get up to speed using them if I gave it a couple of weeks. However, they sound awful on my high e. I don't know if I'm using too thin strings (9s) but their is an awful plastic sound when I pick. It is most noticeable when playing my tele acoustically but it was a bit of a buzzkill for me. Back to the dunlop 1.14s, I just got another 20 pack!

I'm really liking this, hopefully it will show up at a euro retailer soon. I have strap locks on all guitars but I would only use this at home where I quite often move between sitting and standing and adjusting the strap is so boring that I just don't do it.

Standing up I want it low because. that looks cool.

Incoming! Had this on order for months. Covid hit, and Martin closed down the plants. Should be here in 2-3 days.

I feel you, I've been waiting for an American Original 50s Tele for ages and just got word it will probably be 5 more months.

I haven't used the legacy distortions much; not because I don't like them, but I'm of the same opinion as some others here: why use a stomp box when I have 300 virtual amps on stage with me? Instead of kicking on a tube screamer into my Marshall, I simply switch my slot to a cranked Soldano into the same cab. I constantly experiment, but usually come to the same conclusion - that the cranked amp beats the pedal/amp combo to my ears.

The major exception is when I'm trying to cop the SRV or Mayer thing... a strat into a boost pedal into a cleanish amp is the only way to get that sound and feel. And man... the new Kemper overdrives have really added some new dimensions there. For me, the measure of success of any new feature is my wife yelling at me at 2am to shut the damn thing off and come to bed. Between these new drives and the auto swell, I've had a couple of those nights already. Danke, Christophe.

I couldn't agree more! I'm certain there are more use cases but this is the only one for me.

I do use a fair amount of boosts though to get the signal into the amp to where I want it for different guitars, but I prefer not to shape the signal too much.

This is by the way how it has always been. When you mic your old 4x12 which you schlepped to wherever you are playing, FOH will sound very different to your monitoring. If you want the same sound from Monitoring/Kabinet and FOH, you can just put the Kabinet into Full range but then you are back where you started.

I personally feel that tone doesn't improve with heavier strings. Not beefier, not nothing. When you have too light strings, you can get some floppiness but once you're over that threshold you're set.

I keep 9-46s on my SG in Eb so I would suspect that with a longer scale and all, you would be just fine! It's all a matter of preference though and a pack of strings are not too expensive so it might be worth a try for a week.

Edit: I ran 8-42s on my strat in standard tuning for a couple of months and it still sounded glorious, even when doing rhythmic SRV stuff. I changed back to 9s before I like the feel better. I do not hear any difference.

Please excuse my Question it Might be asked and answered already.

Why does the sound change through my Konekabinett, when I Switch off the rig’s cab-Module ?

Because you get a Full range sound from the amp, i.e no Cabinet at all. It is intended behavior because sometimes it is needed e.g. for Acoustics

Yeah, i have a Kabinet, sorry about the confusion.

So I want to hear the Cab from the profile in FRFR through the Kabinet. Is it not possible to override that from the CAB menu?

Also, the screen is still not working; it is dimmed and strange :)