Posts by slowery

I personal don't like this system because it runs on the 2,4 GHz Wlan frequency.
    I'm using a 5,8 GHz frequency
    I have the Nux C-5RC Wireless System check it out.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I use the Nux C-5RC as well. No problems here. Seems pretty stable on stage.

I run my Kemper amp output into a Marshall 4-12" cabinet. The cabinet has 4 16 ohm Celestions in parallel making it a 4 ohm cabinet load. I have had no issues, realizing that I will not get full power from the amp due to the impedance mismatch. Not a problem because the Kemper's rated wattage is way more than I need.

My band is about to audition a lead vocalist who has requested that we detune a half step. I have done this before, but it changes the string tension, which is generally not a problem...unless you have a tendency to bend strings a lot. I have tried heavier gauged strings, but I still have to adjust my attack. I have also resorted to using the Transpose option in the Kemper. It seems to work pretty well, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced any negative effects to using this handy feature?

Hi Sollazzon, I've carefully read all 47 pages of the manual but there's no information about calibrating the FC-200. It does however explain the procedure for returning to its factory default values (initialization) but I don't see if this would help to set the pedal to a certain minimum value. Thank you anyway!

Hi Slowery, You mean in System? There's indeed a Volume tab as a part of Pedal Links. But a random setting in the right screen ((Volume CC07) doesn't get saved. But thank you for your reply.

Hi Yoda, Thank you so much for clearing up how to do this. :thumbup::thumbup:This is the right solution. I did read (!) the manual before several times but couldn't find the answer.
    I've now set my Volume Pedal to a Range Value of 0.8 for rhythm volume (heel position) which gives me just enough volume left for soloing in toe position. And then I locked Vol. Pedal for having a global setting, just what I needed for every rig.:)

It's configured in the Rig section, not System. Go to page 147 in the 8.5 Kemper Manual.

I believe the volume calibration scale can be adjusted in the Rig settings, under Volume Pedal Settings. Set the Range to a negative number, somewhere around -0.8.

I know what you're saying. I have a Roland GP100 that I bought back in the 90's that can morph from one amp to another, and anywhere in between. I really like my Kemper but unfortunately it can't do that. I use the Kemper morphing to dynamically adjust the amp gain and EQ using an expression pedal assignment.

I understand that an expression pedal can be attached to the Kemper amp switch/pedal inputs 1 or 2 to control the Monitor output. I am thinking about purchasing the Kemper foot controller and was wondering if switch/pedal inputs 3 - 6 also supported this function. This would avoid a long cable back to the Kemper amp. The manual does not specify.

Thanks,

Steve

Success! I built the circuit as described and it worked perfectly. As I said above, you have to initially calibrate the pedal with the "bottom" or "minimum" pot at its minimum (zero) position. After calibration you just adjust the minimum pot value ( = CC value) to what ever you want. I used two 25k pots for this test. That gave me an adjustable minimum volume from 0 to 50 percent. You still have full pedal travel to achieve the max volume. This actually gives you a finer resolution. It's great news for those who need a variable volume boost. Just assign the pedal to CC73 (monitor out). There are several expression pedals out there that have minimum volume pots included, such as the Boss EV-30.

I just tried a M-Audio EX-P foot pedal with adjustable minimum volume pot. Calibrated it as described above and it worked great. $30 . Can't beat it.

I see the opposite. It depends on how you do the pedal calibration. If you perform the pedal calibration when the "bottom" pot value is at minimum (completely bypassed), then after the calibration dial the "bottom" pot back in the circuit (increasing the pot value), you have effectively elevated the voltage that appears at the tip. That should offset the CC value as well. That's just a theory I'll have to try. I'll let you know the results. Thanks for the quick response!

Success! I built the circuit as described and it worked perfectly. As I said above, you have to initially calibrate the pedal with the "bottom" or "minimum" pot at its minimum (zero) position. After calibration you just adjust the minimum pot value ( = CC value) to what ever you want. I used two 25k pots for this test. That gave me an adjustable minimum volume from 0 to 50 percent. You still have full pedal travel to achieve the max volume. This actually gives you a finer resolution. It's great news for those who need a variable volume boost. Just assign the pedal to CC73 (monitor out). There are several expression pedals out there that have minimum volume pots included, such as the Boss EV-30.

this will not make a difference because the Profiler requires that the pedal is calibrated. After the calibration the pedal will again cover the entire range only with a somewhat more coarse resolution since you limited the range with the range setting on the pedal.

I see the opposite. It depends on how you do the pedal calibration. If you perform the pedal calibration when the "bottom" pot value is at minimum (completely bypassed), then after the calibration dial the "bottom" pot back in the circuit (increasing the pot value), you have effectively elevated the voltage that appears at the tip. That should offset the CC value as well. That's just a theory I'll have to try. I'll let you know the results. Thanks for the quick response!

I'm guessing that the Kemper foot pedal input is looking for a voltage divider circuit like shown below. In other words its looking for a voltage range, say 0-5 volt would equal an internal CC scaled value of 0-127? If so, could I use a pedal with a zero offset (bottom value) like shown in the circuit?

I'd like to use midi CC73 to control the monitor out via an analog expression pedal. Can it be done? Next question would be; can it be scaled like the Rig volume control setting? In other words, when I position the pedal to the minimum position I don't want the volume to go to zero. Used as a volume booster. Partial scaling so to speak.

It's about having a personal mix that doesn't affect anyone else's, including the FOH. I like being what some may consider overly loud when doing leads. I don't want someone else's ears to suffer from that. Besides, my mix is from my perspective. It may not be right for the FOH. That's what we pay the sound man for. This problem has become more apparent since we all went to IEMs. I used to be able to step back and forth, closer to the front of my amp to hear myself during certain parts, as the dynamics of the song changed. Can't do that anymore.

Sounds like CC #73 is the answer. I'll give it a try.

Thanks for your responses.

I haven't figured out how to modulate the monitor out volume without affecting the main out. I know I can unlink the main out from the Master, but I can't modulate the Master with a pedal. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.