Posts by andreio23

I don't really understand how anyone could use more than one instrument into a single device live.

I mean, Helix supports this, Axe FX supports this ... I haven't seen such a setup ever in my life.

I understand this for vocals + guitar or for busking but for shows ...

I totally agree. First thing I’ve noticed about Kemper is that it has that quality of a tool created by engineers.

Now, all these tools are created by engineers but in this case the engineer also runs the business.

If I understand you are talking update, Kemper updates more than any device I have ever had. Mr. Kempers idea and way he handles his product and updates is of the highest standard other's can't come near.

I didn't complain!

I was just pointing out that any and all processors could use an update all the time. There's never a lack of things to improve.

3ms is as if you were one meter away from your speaker. I can't feel or hear any latency at 3ms.

Play your guitar 10 meters away from your amp.
    that should be around 33ms.

Now set your audio interface to have a roundtrip of 33ms and play the same thing.

Let me know if it the experience is similar :)

True, but I don't want to bring a rack mount to gigs. And the FM3 (which I really want to try) cant do that (could be wrong). To clarify, it's not the reason I would buy a product, not even top 10 but it is a great topping on the ice cream cone

FM3 can do it too :)

AxeFX3 not only can have a different amp per channel but it also supports dual amps. So that's 8 amps per preset :D

It sounds killer and very cool function to have as backup; say youre at a gig and your bass player and other guitarist run into some rig issues. Just have them build some presets just in case and youd be set.

On AxeFX3 you can absolutely swap amps on scenes changes. You get 4 channels on the amp block which can be set to any amp per channel.

CK has said (repeatedly) that they've taken the profiling code as far as it can be taken. He made no qualifications (that I'm aware of) that adding processing power would yield 'better' performance in this regard. With this - what's the point of updating the processor?

As I understand it - the code in the KPA has been written and optimized specifically for the chips used. The two are tightly integrated. Therefore, it is far more complicated to alter the hardware than we think. Compared to upgrading the video card in a PC, which is fairly basic, to me it sounds more like trying to get iOS to run on non-Apple silicon.

Forget it. If you did manage it - it would be about as fast as I am after Christmas dinner.

I didn't specifically say performance updates. :)

I honestly think this is physiological....I cannot believe that people can distinguish this level of latency....how do you cope on a large stage, even with a "real" amp?

it’s more about feeling it rather than hearing it.
    especially when playing with headphones

The latency you feel with plugins is inherent to the computer setup. The Kemper will feel more snappy than almost any PC setup.

I have a RME interface which allows for very low latencies but still it doesn’t feel as direct as the Kemper.

That being said I can also feel a latency with the Kemper especially next to an amp and also to the Atomic Amplifire which for some reason is almost as direct as an amp.

The qc is said to have a latency around 3ms which is a comparable to the Kemper. I believe Amplifire’s latency is lower than 1.5ms. It doesn’t sound like much but it’s a noticeable difference.

All guitar processors could use an update all the time. There's always something to improve.

But this thread is created as a response to the QC , I feel.

The Profiler needs an update but QC is certainly not the reason.

nsdp is not trustworthy and the main point is not about music ??? do you really think that the engineers of this company do not love music? I really love Kemper, but comments like this are not necessary.

If somebody is interested in a lifestyle product, it's much easier to sell body lotions or fashion or posing fancy pictures in Instagram.
    People who are able to create algorithems to profile Amps are for sure not the guys who have the goal to generate maximum income. If they would (and they have the brain performance), they would be investment bankers. Working in this field is passion for music, if not, there are more efficient ways to make money....

Incredible what some people write here..... ;)

Yeah ... but the engineers don’t run the company and they don’t dictate the business decisions.

Unless it’s a company where the lead engineer is also the head of it.

My opinion is that ndsp is not trustworthy And the main point of the qc is not about music but rather it is about a lifestyle product that generates the maximum income.

They got an investment of 5 million dollars that need to be justified. Selling 20000 ( hopefully ) 1700 dollar units doesn’t sound like much unless they are planning other means of making money which explains why the main focus is the social platform rather than the unit itself.

Fractal and Kemper are also expensive but I feel that passion for music and electronics is a big drive that made these units possible and in my opinion, reading the conversations on TGP, that seems to lack in ndsp.

Time will tell ...

The CEO said they were working on the firmware and the social platform thingie as recently as one week ago.

Software takes ages to pass all the stages before it reaches production quality.

I don't understand how they are promising the product in two weeks when they are still in the development phase ...

how do you like the AxeFx3? Thinking of trading a tube amp for the FM3 just to compare it to the kemper and see which side of things I like better; modeling vs profiling

Also curious!

Bought an AxeFXIII but because of some shipping problems I got a refund.

The problem is during the shipping ( so I thought) I started watching tutorials and it grew on me. Also listened to some sample on yt and it sounds really good but of course I’m almore interested in how it feels compared to the Kemper.

I've read and thought a lot about the QC. But I always can rely on an accurate representation of not only QC's current Beta FW sound and its playing feel (both will never change in future) when it passes YouTube and finally reaches my cellphone speakers - while I have other noises around me. No, I have paid a lot for my current gear that others use, too. Therefore I can clearly say and hereby prove that the QC is total s***.

The firmware is still beta? Will it be released like that? Guess the've been occupied iPhoning their product and developing their social media platform instead of finishing the firmware.