Posts by jfischer518

I have to agree and my only negative thing happened last night to me. For months I have been telling my wife how awesome the Kemper is and how it was worth all the extra cost because I can download any amp I want. I always just assumed she was just half listening to me to let me talk about my toys. Then last night I found a Peavey 6505 MH for only $300 in perfect condition and showed her. I started telling her how I used to have that amp and it was great.

"Honey, I would love to have this amp again and look how cheap it is!"

"Cant you just down load it for free?"

"Umm, ya...", craap!!

I did enjoy the video and the only two factors that I heard and saw that woulds affect my choice is the durability and noise of the cable. Static and hum would drive me nuts, I did like the durability of the Runway cables. I am not sure I would spend that extra money for it though since there are cheaper quiet cables with lifetime warranty.

I sold all my tube amps after buying the Kemper, but I kept all of my pedals. Resale value of music gear is always painfully little, so I just figured I'd keep them around in the "you never know when..." category.

While I haven't experimented with running pedals in front, my first inclination would be to play with the Tube Screamer. For tremelo, reverb, delay, chorus, flanging, etc. the Kemper does that very well for my taste, so those pedals wouldn't bring much to the party. The only reason I haven't fooled around with overdrive pedals is that I use a lot of MB stuff and my favorite profiles are ones where he used a Klon in the process. So, I already have that vibe anyway.

I should probably just sell the pedals, but I still haven't completely shed my gear pack rat mentality.

I had a Horizon devices Precision drive and that was really cool but did not act the same going into the Kemper like it did going into my old amp. At this point if I want more gain I just select a different amp profile like a VH4 or a Dual Rec.

I own both of those pedals and think the TC Electronics stuff is great. However, with the new Kemper reverbs I'm surprised that you're running outboard reverb and delay. I haven't done any A/B testing between them, though. Is there a big difference in tone quality?

To be honest with you, there is not much that the TC pedals do that the Kemper doesn't. In fact the Kemper does ducking and that the TC pedals need to use a tone print slot to be able to do. I still have those two pedals left over from when I had my Archon. I have been thinking of trading them for an over drive or something but not sure what to get. Have also thought of selling them off and possibly a couple of other things to get an MT15 amp again.

Hi everyone. Work had me bogged down for a few days. I am getting together a list of gear I can sell to help finance a KPA. Also want to sell because I won't need !

I have been doing some reading and some folk on the web say the KPA's effects are not that great other than the reverb and delay. I am not taking that to heart but it did make me think about pedals, etc. I have a wah that I run right after the guitar and a flanger that I really like. My current pedal board is a 4 cable method into my amps FX loop. Can I still do that with the KPA. I get the sense that it's different as far as where the loop might fit in.

And one last ??? I am thinking the Kemper Stage might work for me. Other than a few less buttons on the front I believe I get the same amp, correct? Same ability to add pedals, effects loop, ect?

Thanks as always!!

I use the stage as well. You can set the effects loop anywhere you would like to have it within the chain. The stage does indeed has the same tones and can run all of the same profiles. I run outboard effects with my stage as well and it sounds amazing.

It's not from Line6? *ducks*

.....Going back to the original Pod, I've *never* liked anything Line6. Bought plenty of it and couldn't get away from it fast enough.

(Yes, yes.... I know the Helix stuff is something different. You go buy it....)

I have liked the Line 6 stuff for a long time. Actually had the Helix prior to the Stage unit. Granted the Helix does not have the feel of the Kemper but it is still a great unit. I Went back to the Powercab for 2 simple reasons, cost and its is indeed better then the Headrush options. Besides all FRFR solutions add their own color to them anyway. I would have held out for the Kemper Kab but then I would need to buy a power amp too.

What's the main benefit of this device Vs Line 6 Powercab ? I was very interested by the Powercab when it was announced but it got mixed reviews, not being as good as a regular guitar cab, neither as good as a good FRFR.
    I know that CK rarely miss his target, but i can't help fearing it will lead to the same result than it predecessor, plus the tight coupling to the profiler.

I actually just bought a Line 6 PC again last week. Got about 85 more days to return it and get something else if I want to

So I received Stage number 3 today. I noticed upon powering it up that it had Public Beta version 7.1.17 installed on it. I thought they came with the latest official release loaded, not a beta version. Could this have been a refurb? Hope this one works. Fingers crossed.

That would indicate to me that they have gone through the device and ensured that all things are working. It was my third Stage that did the trick. Mine third one has been perfect since I received it back in the beginning of September.

- no profiling

- no possibility of making it amplified

- not all the knobs of the head/rack versions, so it must be managed largely by a PC editor

- a number of saved rigs limited to 50-100 for example

I would assume that no profiling would be needed to give up for this type of form factor.

Amplifying would absolutely be possible with pedal board design power amps like the SD PS170 or other small form factor amps.

Of course you would not have all of the knobs and functionality of a rack or head, that is not what stuff like this is designed for, this is for the minimalist pedalboard type of setup. I would assume that the Editor would be a necessity for this kind of things to work and fortunately that is close to being done.

I am sure it would be able to support more then 50 - 100 rigs.

I think the first image is the most usable in this thread. If it was given only performance mode then you can create everything in the editor and then move between performances and have two rigs in each. For a small pedalboard style setup it could work very nicely. I personally would not go for the product but that doesn't mean others wouldn't.

Don't most guitarists use at least one volume or wah pedal?

Two reasons that I like to not have the pedal on the Stage itself. First when I am looking to just do a simple jam or something I want light and easy to carry since I dont need wah or volume pedals in that situation. Second, when I do want to have a wah pedal, I use a Cry Baby Slash wah and not just because I like the sound and feel of that one but because of the blue LEDs that tell me when I have it on so I dont leave it on. Like Ingolf said , we all prefer different pedals.

Hey all Gemini users, I was wondering if your Gemini pops when turning the power on and off? I always turn my Kemper on first then my Gemini second with the Gemini’s volume turned down and it pops. Then I turn the Gemini off first again with the volume down and it pops again. It sounds great and I don’t think there’s an issue with it, but I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong or it’s just the nature of these Gemini powered cabs.

When I had my Gemini 2 it also popped like that for me too. I think it is just something that they do, I always thought it was because I had bought the demo model from Guitar center.