Mission expression pedal

TC Electronics Hall of fame 2

TC Electronics Flashback 2

Mesa LoneStar 212

Headrush 108

Focusrite 2I2 2nd gen

sennheiser e609

AKG P420

I think that is everything from this year, but I am not sure. I think I might have a problem

As for rig manager, have you registered you Kemper? What are you playing your Kemper through? FRFR, guitar cab/amp, PA speakers, Studio monitors? That will make a huge difference as well.

Guaranteed: Amp makers would want a piece of every profile sold using their equipment and they’d expect Kemper find a way to enforce it. Sellers would demand enforcement and a way to track. I could even see mic, pedal and speaker makers insisting on compensation. Why not DRM impulse response files?

This is also is a huge point. If Kemper had to pay out to every manufacturer the cost of every Kemper would sky rocket.

hello everyone, here a new kemper stage user.

I come from Helix, and I am much happier with the "profiler" sound than with the digitally emulated sound of a helix.

For now, I'm just researching and trying to know how everything works.

Welcome, I came over from the Helix as well. Loving the tone and not having to tweak everything to get it.

I think this was the biggest misconception Kemper did when they designed the Profiler software.

Each Profiler has a unique registration/serial number and it would be easy to build something like a DRM on it.

This is one reason that Amp-Manufacturer are not happy about and that they don't participate on selling there own Amp-Profiles.

Right now there are a lot of illegal profiles on the Market, check out eBay and search for "Kemper Profiles" you will see a lot.

One of the things that should be kept in mind when thinking about why amp manufacturers don't make profiles is the nature of what a profile is. A profile is the tone of one setting that an amp is capable of not the amp. I think you will be more likely to see an amp manufacturer team up with a modeler company like AxeFX or Line 6 where they would be able recreate the amp and not just a setting on an amp. Friedman actually had a partnership with AxeFX for a short time.

As for protecting your profiles, if you want to protect it, don't share it and don't sell it. If someone wants to sell a profile for profit then they would need to find a way to protect it from the platform they sell it from. They way that the rig exchange works further clears Kemper of wrong doing. I think Kemper would put them in a bad place if they gave their users the ability to copy protect profiles created by copying tones from amp manufacturers.

Now with all that said, I personally find no need to go find profiles that someone bought and attempted to resell or trade. There are enough great profiles available on rig exchange that there is not need for me to look elsewhere, the search function is great too. I have also bought many profiles from ToneJunky, Michael Britt, LRS and a few others and have never even thought of trying to resell them or trade.

If you have your monitor out set to not use the cab, that would explain it. I have my mains set with a cab for front of house and my monitor output set without the cab since I run it into a power amp and real cab.

Ok, i prepared a Google Drive public account (15Gb included). It's the only way i know to do this, 'cause Dropbox has stopped public folders since some time. I set the folder public and everyone can download and upload files over there. I guess that if you wanna upload files you should be logged in with your gmail account, but i'm not 100% sure about it. We can do some tests. Here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/drive…rD2K1Ei2pFokI?usp=sharing

Let me know

Cool, I will try to upload something soon. Not sure if I will be able to before the weekend.

This would be amazing. I love the idea. Since we can not profile stomps, this would be the nest best thing. Would be cool to just search for a King of tone or a Klon or what ever effect that you want. Would be amazing to be able to trade effect presets like that.

Is a direct profile a profile with the cab simulation turned off? Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks to both of you for the replies!

Direct is profiled without a cab. Amp only, you can add a cab sim to it for a merged profile. I have been doing this a lot since I like to send my monitor to a power amp and real cab. A direct profile will allow you to push the raw amp tone to your DAW and allow you to load and change your cab IRs through an IR loader. I also really like the tone of mic'ing up the cab to send to the interface but most are not using that kind of setup.

I think times have changed since Windows 7 came out, and yes, I think it's very likely that Microsoft has embedded more technology into their new OS to enable easier spying, and to install new updates automatically (without user consent) to continue enabling new spying methods as technology changes. This is absolutely a game changer when it come to access into a users computer.... it's an open door that they can exploit at will whenever they feel like it.

Feel free to stay on Windows 7 for what ever reasons you choose but you can not expect developers to write to that outdated OS. Just like you will not find anyone writing for Windows 98. As time goes by you will find less and less things compatible with Windows 7.

Well, the editor looks exactly like what I saw at namm last january. Rad. Glad it's finally available. I never used RM very much but the editor section has me giddy for all the reasons everyone else already said.

I'll chime in on the Win/Mac sub-convo happening: I am not inherently opposed to Windows, but when W10 came out I did update it, and all hell broke loose. It did a forced (meaning I could not stop it nor did I give permission) update in the middle of a home recording session. It crashed and took out the hard drive data with it. Six months worth of work down the toilet (I did take the HD to a recovery outfit. $1300 to recover with no guarantees). Probably a fluke, I recognize it as such, but it still sucked REAL bad. I run an iMac now and haven't had a single problem. (to be fair and unbiased, I did have the MB fail on an older MBP, but it was a generation known to have the problem)/ I now backup every session to both external drive as well as cloud storage just in case.

If ever you find yourself looking to recover files not backed up there is a free software called recuva. Sometimes you can also pull flat files by booting the system with a Linux Ubuntu live cd. You can also rebuilt boot sectors with testdisk. I would not recommend testdisk if you are not technical. Hope that helps if you have any issues like that in the future.

Windows 10 is just fine until it reboots without permission (in the processing closing a dozen running applications and corrupting or discarding open files) to apply an unwanted update that breaks a driver that's been working for years. Then, said driver doesn't get fixed for six months, leaving you with expensive hardware reduced to a doorstop. Yes, all of the above happened to me.

Windows 10 is unpredictable, unreliable, and unsupported. Not my idea of great....but I've been stuck with it for over a year so it doesn't matter to me in the context of RM.

I have been on Windows 10 since day 1 and never once have I seen that behavior. My ITS department at work will force reboots but I have never experienced Windows 10 doing that on its own. In fact I have seen on many occasions that Windows 10 is requesting a reboot and give you the chance to choose reboot now or schedule a reboot. I would be very interested to see the system and application logs on any Windows system that are rebooting on their own. I am sure there is more at play then just a Windows update.

I have always copied a blank performance and pasted it into the slot I wanted to erase.