Posts by jfischer518

I am very skeptical about this. I have been using Windows since DOS, and never had a completely successful version upgrade. I've always had to do full OS upgrades from scratch on an empty disc, and then spend weeks migrating my user data afterwards.

Maybe because my OS system is always modded beyond the OEM features. I'm sure I will have to re-install at least a dozen or more programs. Not to mention all those passwords to write down and re-enter. I don't have a spare drive to make a backup image of my current setup.

All this takes away from practice time which I just dread.

You can install a new full OS as well, just use you Windows 7 or 8 key. If you really dont trust it use a different drive anf if you dont like the results you can always just put the first drive back in.

Actually I much prefer using the real amp for recording if I own it. That allows me to make adjustments to the tone without having to re-profile. If I am using my Archon , for example, and I don't think the tone fits what I want I can just reach over and turn the presence knob or flip the bright switch. I would 100% use the profiler to record if I don't own the amp. Like ill never own an actual Dumble but my Les Paul and Strat sound soo good through those profiles.

I don't think an isolation box is the answer to all of my tone quest issues but it would be one more nice tool to have.

in my info quest, to sound proof a basement studio, I’ve seen several builds on YouTube. I think a sealed box with 2 thicknesses of 5/8 drywall ( with green glue between) would work quite well

Make sure all openings are sealed

You could also just try shipping blankets

Since I have a finished basement that only a portion of is my studio I want to build just a box for recoding and profiling. Preferably something I can move or use for other purposes if we have company.

Anyone have any tips or ideas for building an isolation box for a 212 cab? I have made a bunch of direct profiles before using a two notes captor but none of them made me say "Wow, that's my amp!". I want to try to profile my whole rig this time and I really want to be able to turn it up to where I normally use it when I record (two note into my DAW). I just want to isolate the cab an minimize the volume. I don't have to worry about neighbors only the wife and kid so it does not have to be completely silent.

I have only ever done that with the direct profile that I have made. When it comes to downloaded profiles if I dont like it then I just change the profile. There are just too many out there to waist time with a profile I am not happy with to start. Start with something you like then you wont have to tweek much to get where you really want to be.

So, keep your eyes open... There's a lot of good used stuff out there on both Reverb and Craigslist and also, you can do Nationwide searches at Guitar Center... you may be surprised at you you find.

If I see anything, I'll let you know. Maybe if you find a good deal on something used, you could keep your Kemper!:/

I did actually find a Lone start 212 combo that I almost traded straight for just the kemper. Once I looked up the weight on it I said no thanks. 80 lbs. Damn I am too old for that.

Well, that is a list and a half for me. Apparently being locked in the house most of the year, GAS becomes a hobby.

This year I have gotten

• PRS Tremonti SE Custom
    • Built a custom MIM Strat
    • 1992 Jackson Stealth Pro (about to trade for a 1992 MIM Tele later today)
    • EVH Wolfgang Standard
    • Line 6 Powercab
    • Kali LP6 studio monitors
    • EVH 5150 III
    • My second PRS Archon
    • Built and traded a P90 Telecaster (traded for the Wolfie)
    • Fulltone OCD
    • Boss LS2
    • Boss Flanger
    • J Rocket Archer Ikon
    • Digitech Drop
    • Gator Aluminum Pedal board
    • Radial VT (tube amp switcher)
    • Shure SM57
    • Boom mic stand
    • Desktop mic stand
    • EZ Drummer II
    • Klon Clone pedal kit (junk, was fun to build but only good for sitting on a shelf)
    • I probably forgot something, other then my wife telling my I should stop buying stuff.
    • Edit - I did forget My power conditioner, bakers rack for my tube amps,

Hi thanks for your replies that have just ordered the Seymour Duncan powerstage 170 as I thought it be a good option. Hopefully it will all work ?

SD PS is a good choice for sure. When I was looking, I ended up going with the Orange PB100 and it sounds great but it is not compatible with the Kemper Kab. The SD PS170 will push to 4 ohms that the Kab needs and the Orange wont.

Just throwing mud here, but is it possible that it's clipping once it hits the Kemper and the Kemp picks it up as a gate?

This maybe since I have been trying to get a profile of the amp cranked up to 6, the amp is actually too loud to be in the same room with at that volume.

Edit - Yes, this was indeed it. Kemper was much happier with the volume on 4. I had thought that the Captor dropping it to line level would be enough. Lesson learned, thank you

:/Maybe a cabling issue?

Maybe the Kemp doesn't like something about the 2notes?

Are you profiling your amp+ir with no actual cabinet?

No cab, just doing a direct profile. The Kemper did not have an issue with the Green or Blue channels, just the Red

Weird profiling issue popped up on me. I am attempting to profile the red channel on my 5150 III. The profiling keeps erroring out telling me that is is detecting a noise gate. I do not have a noise gate in the channel and the only thing in the signal chain are the Kemper, the amp, my Two notes captor and my guitar.

Anyone have any ideas what may be triggering this error?

The files all have a .whatever at the end of them. like instalprogram.exe. Kemper profiles have had .krig and .kipr with the kipr file extension being the older variant. I am on the latest versioning so I can not speak to this from experience but using the older OS and older RM may be preventing you from seeing the rigs with the newer file extension.

hi, i bought my kemper in 2013 and in the required hardware it said "w7", not "w10 only". My current laptop from 2016 has a video card incompatible with w10. My producer, for example, works on a mac dating from 2009 in his professional studio (2 gold records to his credit). Many of us use w7. It would be a good idea to make RM W7 compatible. (Another funny example: I know 4 studios which bought melodyne5 but which use a hacked version compatible w7 ...)

And it wouldn't be a great problem to do so for the developers

How is this still an issue? W7 is on OS that was EOL'd almost a year ago. It is actually illegal to use it in the medical field in the US. If your system is connected to the internet it is a security risk. If you are recording with it that is basically the equivalent of storing your masters on an open front porch for anyone to come help themselves to. No software manufacturers anywhere (with the exception of backup companies) are still writing software for Windows 7.

I have reviewed the Headrush 108 and I was not very impressed, I hope the 112 would be better. I actually went back to the Line 6 power cab. I have also tried the Mission 212 and that was definitely not $1000 better than the Powercab.