Posts by jfischer518

I completely agree on this. Being a Stage user the hardware based selection knob is not an issue since that is controlled by a button. As for the other units I am sure this could be worked around with a software change that is only in place while connected to the rig manager, disabling the hardware knob and returning it to its selected function when not connected to RM. Could even have the Kemper screen display that it is a mode controlled by the RM.

I would be 100 % on board with this kind of feature however it could be implemented,

You could give your USB sticks meaningful names e. g. "7.1.5" for the stick with the OS for the PROFILER working with Rig Manager 2.3.14 under Windows 7.

That seems like it would be a huge waist of a USB since the KAOS file tend to be around 12 MB. I personally have every OS version and RM version since I bought my stage. I would think that the KAOS file could have the number tagged at the end as I would assume that the Kemper only cares if the file is a .bin file. I would test my theory by renaming a KAOS file but not knowing the internal workings on the Kemper I dont want to test things that would obviously be unsupported.

In theory you can. If you want to use XLR on the head/rack unit you can use the effects return if you input is low enough. Just have to place to effect loop block prior to the stack and shut off the amp. For the stage or or any of them actually you can use the 1/4 input.

I am not sure if anyone has tried it but I guess it would work

The Crank n go is amazing for high gain. I am loving the Soldano profiles and performance. The 2020 is an amazing pack but more for Rock, hard rock and country.

Randy Rhodes and Eddie Van Halen. I think I was 13 and I already knew I wanted to play guitar and even had an acoustic I played. One my birthday that year my grandfather gave me $50 and off to the record store I went. I bought Van Halen, Van Halen II, Van Halen Women and Children first, Van Halen Diver Down and Ozzy Diary of a Madman. I was hooked, got my first electric guitar that was really mine that next year and spent the following 10 years studying theory.

Still have that electric today

Actually there is a 'Still evaluating' button. I used it several time before I purchased the license I currently have.

I don't know what is pure cab. I didn't touch anything on my main profile before and after the update, I verified the settings (profile, treble/mid/bass, output volume, master), everything was set like before, but it sounded different (you can ear the difference in my video).

IIRC there were a few global defaults that were changed but you should be able to compare you old setting to the new ones and fix it.

I have always had a love hate relationship with tube amps. MY very first show with a tube amp and I had a power tube blow a few songs into the first set and went from lead guitarist to backup vocalist. I could not afford a backup amp back then and when the Laney went is sucked. Because of that I refused to play tube amps live and still wont use them live. My first jump into modeling was the Line 6 Flextone amps in the late 90's and have been on modeling and profiling platforms ever since. I do still love that amp in the room feel and I have a power amp and real cab to get that feeling but if I am playing live it a Line 6 powercab for a monitor and XLR for anything else needed above that. The only draw back to that is pushing to a real cab colors all the profiles the same way.

That being said, lets not overlook one other important factor with the units like a Kemper. This is tube amp tone with solid state reliability.

I think a better question would be "Which one sounds more like the Plexi?". I have to say that I have never used an AxeFX but I did spend years with a Helix before getting the Kemper and I have to say that the Kemper 100% sounds more like the original amp. I used to use the Archon patch a lot but could never really make it sound like the Archon I owned. When I finally profiled my amp I could not tell the difference and in fact you can check out that video. I have had another people on the forum say that they were amazed with the A/B comparison between the two.

For deleting performances I have always just copied a blank performance into the slot I want to delete. Now if you have no more blank performances, I dont know how you would delete it but you can always create a new one over a used slot.

Hi,
    any idea why RM 3.0.111 is not listet on the download page?. :/

I am only guessing but I have been thinking that something may have interrupted the remote access to the Kemper servers. I have a feeling that once the lockdowns are over in Germany that we will see the 3.0.111 RM as well as an updated OS. Here is some wishful thinking, maybe with all the time at home they have finished the acoustic simulator.