Posts by DrFretboard

When starting Rig Manager I keep getting this message:

Your PROFILER needs an update. Rig Manager will search for a newer software version online. This might take a couple of minutes to arrive. Profiler 7.4.0 or higher is required.

However, it doesn't find anything and when I look on the website I cannot find it. This is bothersome because Rig Manager now does not communicate correctly with my Profiler (Stage).

What can I do?

Hello, I'm Alex, from the Netherlands. I teach and play guitar for a living.

After much deliberation and somewhat careful consideration and research, I finally bit the bullet to join the Kemper family by purchasing my first Kemper product and decided to go for the Stage.

On the one hand I would be using the Kemper in the studio most of the time and strongly considered the Rack for this purpose. But for reasons of practicality and because I sometimes do play "out", to not at this time having to invest in two+ seperate Kemper products fulfilling essentially the same purpose, I decided upon the Stage, albeit somewhat hesitantly.

I am a longtime digital product user, coming from the Digitech world. I used the 2112/2120 way back when (still have it!) and then the GSP1101 (w. Control2 fc).

Today I unboxed the Stage and my first couple of impressions are what got me here.

• Observation #1: the first thing I thought was: did they really glue some kind of stickers onto the chassis? This does not look sturdy or durable to me at all. :/
    • Observation #2: are the... are the knobs really some kind of plastic? No, it couldn't be on this 1600E good old German quality product... But I would swear they ARE plastic... X/
    • Observation #3: the jack sleeves on the back, is that... more kind of plastic AGAIN?!?! On a STAGE device? Where jacks are being plugged in and out ALL the time? Where someone might accidentally in fact step on a jack plug in which case I want the plug, NOT the input on my device to break first? X(
    • Observation #4: when rotating the 'stepped knobs' (browse, type) I was immediately transported back to my Digitech 2120 days where worn out knobs reduced the functionality of the interface. Will these knobs outlive my purpose for this device? ||
    • Observation #5: this being 2019, and having heard many good things about the Kemper, I gave the digital realm no second thought as I considered it a no-brainer that ANY device, especially one with a stripped down device-interface, is nowadays shipped with a fully functional editor for Mac/Win. Observation #2 got me visiting this forum and reading up on stuff, only to discover NOW that the Kemper upto now ONLY was released with Rig Manager software and to my complete and utter MIND BLOWIFICATION, *NO EDITOR*?!?! My friggin' GSP1101 even has a well-functioning editor, what =O the heck?? ;) I'm in it for SAVING time, not spending more of it.
    • Observation #6: on this forum I read about many 'teething' issues with the stage. When ordering, I thought it a given that a company with the reputation of Kemper and especially a German company, would self-evidently only release with stellar quality control. But here I am reading about completely unnecessary bugs and hardware failures. :/

So here I am now. Looking for encouragement. ;)

I WANT to enjoy my 1600 euro purchase. :)

I WANT the Stage to work in my studio and in live situations.

I WANT to *save time* and headaches and just plug, play, create. 8)

I WANT to trust that the announced editor will actually arrive this month (seeing as they targeted summer 2019). X/

What would you advice?

Should I return the stage and go for the rack after all?

Or should I just enjoy the product, confidently expect updates and have faith that the 3yr warranty will help me out if something would actually fail on me?