Posts by Rayosytruenos

if your TAP button isn't making a good electrical contact, then obviously it's not really something which can be fixed in software. BUT in that case it *will* be fixed by our support (exchange / replace your unit)

on the other hand: in the current beta firmware (7.0.9) the scanning-timing of the springloaded switches has been improved. maybe this will solve your problem with the button too.

As I explained earlier in this thread, I've assigned the Tap Function to the Tuner and to the Looper switches and the issue is the same. That's why I say I think the switch is ok.

Some more: if I go to page 2 in Rig Menu and manually turn the BPMs to it's minimum value, the switch works alright again. Every time. That supports the idea of the switch working properly.

I'm also new here.

I miss a little more info in the profiles. Not all of them are explained. I think that, if after the work involved in creating a profile, people could put just a little more time in explaining it, it would be great.

As I said before, I'm new here, and I'm not very used to Rig Manager, so I'm probably missing something important.

Anyway I know Rig Exchange probably has any kind of sound I'd like to have.

And yes, people is so helpful and kind here that I feel very lucky belonging to this community and I hope that someday I will also be able to help others.

Finally, it's a matter if time I begin to create my own profiles (no; I haven't sold my beloved amps and I hope I won't have to).

I’ve never been able to rely on my kpa rack & remote to deliver the tempo i tap 100% of the time.

Its very hit and miss my guess is that the OS is dealing with more important tasks and this gets a low priority. I find myself having to re-tap in the tempo a few times before i get something close to the bpm i need

The real fix, slightly annoyingly, is to create a dedicated rig with the tempo of the song preset. This only works when using click track when the tempo is guaranteed. Cant speak for your drummer’s internal clock :S

perhaps this why the tap-indicator flashes erratically and therefore doesn't matter if the tempo tapped is inaccurate. I think the flashing tempo is even lower in the OS processes. This is certainly no guide nor use to me, but that’s another gripe.

This it's very revelating, thanks.

How is it possible I never heard anything about that?

I didn't even consider the possibility of a Tap Tempo system not working correctly these days. Probably because I never had any of them falling:

Boss DD5

Boss DD7

TC Flashback X4

TRex Soulmate

Fractal AX8

It always worked perfectly in all of them.

So this must be a secret in kemper users' world.

And, if it's and old issue that hasn't been fixed yet... Maybe it won't be solved soon.

Then, no way to use it live. For, let's say... 3/4 if my solos I use a 1/4 delay time which is not very loud. Here it's only very important when we all stop playing and only my delay tails stay there, but in a few songs I play rhythm with loud dotted eights and those have to be perfect. We don't use click track. We have a good drummer and he or the singer start most of the songs. I just tap (2 times) and I need it perfect as it always was.

I love the way the Stage sounds, so I'll keep it at home waiting for a solution.

The tap tempo of the kemper, or rather, everything about the tempo in kemper is the biggest disaster in history.

I've been testing for a year (including external controllers, synchronizing it with a continuous and precise external tap ... etc etc).

It is a disaster.

Really???

I never heard about that.

I've had a few devices with Tap Tempo and they all worked perfectly (Boss, Trex, TC, Fractal...). And I never heard anybody complaining about this problems with Kemper gear, so I'm surprised.

I also have a Gigboard for rehearsals. I used it live in a wedding in a little island. It sounds very good. And I'll use it again in that kind of gigs. For all other gigs I'm still using my Fractal AX8. I'll use it until I feel the Stage works correctly (my issue with the Tap switch).

The possibility of an accident is always there, so I've learnt to live with it. I always carry one of those plastic rolls used for packing food. It's great to protect from humidity (I play close to the sea very often, and that salt loaded humidity is not good for electronics), rain, dust, drunk people...

And I also always carry a Tech 21 Fly Rig 5, as a spare, just in case...

The 30 days are there for things to return if you really don't like them. If you like the Kemper and want to keep it, then you have a guarantee of 3 years. So if there really is something broken or shows a really unexplainable thing then you can either have Thomann fix it for you or send it back to Kemper, directly after the "invitation". So, if you like the unit and want to basically keep it, which I assume, then just keep calm... ?. Try to contact Kemper support again.

Thank you.

I certainly like the Stage. That's why I'm keeping it, as you say.

It's just kind of a little frustrating to keep calm for so long :) . I'm not using it live until it's ok. I have 3 gigs this week in 3 different islands. I'd love to use my Stage, but it think I'll have to wait some more.

When the Tap stops working correctly, it uses to work if I tap a very fast tempo, but not if I tap a slow one.

When the Tap tempo doesn't work, if I go to page 2 in RIG menu and I manually turn the BPMs to the minimum position, the Tap switch starts working correctly again.

I hope this help.

It's strange that only 2 of us seem to have this problem.

This Saturday, at the gig, I checked the Tap switch in a good friend's new Stage. It had the same problem, but he only noticed when I demonstrated it. Anyway he didn't care, as he doesn't use the Tap switch.