Posts by Rayosytruenos

Hello!

Yesterday I got a second Headrush 108.

So I connected the two of them in stereo.

Then I added the Dual Delay to the profile I was using.

I noticed the repeats sound different in each amp.

I thought it was because one 108 was new.

But then I found that with the Stereo parameter I can send each delay to the other side (from +100 to -100). The result is the sound of the repeats is still different but they have interchanged their positions.

I couldn't make they sound the same and it's very strange to me.

Have you experienced a similar behavior?

Any help on how to make both sides sound the same?

Thanks!

I think I found an explanation.

After update, I wanted to try the Double Tracker, so I connected the Stage to my two JBL 305s.

The DT sounded nice. Then I reconnected to the Headrush and I found it sounded better than before the update. It was probably just because I liked the Headrush more than the JBLs, (yesterday).

Today I just used the Headrush and it sounded like before.

Always mono.

At home I use my Stage with a Headrush 108.

At rehearsals I go straight to the desk.

Live, I use In Ear Monitoring.

At home, I make corrections, depending on the guitar, with the output eq.

At rehearsals I first adjust the eq in my channel at the desk. It works.

Live, I have a very nice sound with the IEMs. Our sound man does what he thinks it's correct for the PA and it doesn't affect what I'm hearing.

I must say I don't use a lot of effects and I don't pretend to have a perfect sound in every situation. I just go for an almost raw sound that cuts in the mix. Well, Actually let's say 5 sounds: same kind of amp with different eq and gain levels, some reverb and delay and some wah when I want them.

I'm thinking about another 108 for the double tracker at home, to try it and see if it's ok for rehearsals and live use with my band. There is another guitar player and I'm not sure it is a good idea. If it is, I'd use stereo delays, too.

So the time it takes to switch off the Stage is not because the device is doing necessary processing but just to avoid accidental shut off.

In other words: It is correct and safe to shut it off from the power distributor and it will switch on automatically when switching on the power distributor.

Correct?

It sounds fantastic to me.

I would think a Stage would easily fit in the overhead

It does, but it exceeds the size limits. It could be a problem.

My guitar fits in the overhead, too (gigbag). But a few times I"ve been "forced" to use the "foot of the airplane option".

I generally use a "cabin case" where I place absolutely everything but the guitar: music gear and clothes and everything else. Not possible with the Stage if I want to be sure it will be allowed in the cabin.

I'm about to buy one of those guitar flight cases so I'll leave the guitar "at the foot of the airplane" and I'll go lighter and relaxed.

And I hope the "little" Stage will be released some day soon :)

Stage and 108 here, too.

Sounds very good to my ears.

Could it be you're clipping the Kemper's input stage?

Or the Headrush input.

What method do you use to set that "very low volume" for the decent clean sound?

Have you checked the Headrush with other source of sound? And the Kemper with other amp?

Anyway I'm sure you'll solve it. :)

I don't miss tubes at all.

Maybe it's because I still have my beloved amps at home. Would I miss them if I sell them?

I don't think so, but, who knows? I think the only future for guitar tube amps is as a reference for modelers/profilers. When a new generation have other sounds in mind, tube amps could be forgotten forever.

There is the concept of "being authentic". Some people still think digital/light/compact is not authentic.

Some people don't really need more than a "decent" sound, because they don't play in a guitar based band or they just need one sound, or don't need distortion, or... They just need a guitar (sometimes they rent it locally).

Living in an island, I fly (well, I used to, before Covid) a lot. 30 or 40 flights per year. And I noticed I couldn't trust local backlines. That's why I started using modelers. Well, and the band was too loud and noisy on stage and we needed a solution. It was the modelers. Now I also use them locally and at home. Life is, paradoxically, much easier and simpler with modelers.

I play live with in ear monitoring. It never sounds the same. Sometimes it's like heaven, sometimes I "need" to cut some high end to feel comfortable, most of the times it's just ok. I don't care too much about that if our sound tech (always the same) says it sounds good through the PA.

When I cut some high end, first I try with the guitar"s tone control, just to check. If the result is not right, I go to the modeler's eq or tell our sound man to add a low pass filter.

Thank you.

I calibrate it via the calibrate soft button on pages 2/5 of the PEDAL settings. I can't find it in system settings.

The result is as described before.

But...

Hey, I've just tried Pedal Mode to Pedal Type 2 and it works!!!

I'd say I had tried that before many times and it didn't work, so I probably did something wrong.

Anyway you drove me to the solution, so thank you very much! :)