Posts by Goji54

Hello all,

long time Mesa user finally took the plunge! Received my unpowered rack unit a few days ago and I am in love! Looking forward to reading the vast amounts of information and knowledge contained within the forum. Cheers! 8)

made the transition from my Mesa Roadster to the unpowered rack too! I just joined the forums a few days ago and wish I joined sooner. Everyone has been incredibly friendly and helpful. Welcome!!!

Stereo Kones in a 2x12 works OK with the KPA and a stereo power amp. The Kone is 4 Ohm so you will need a stereo amp that drives a 4 ohm load - which the SD700 and many others will do. If you go with mono, you will want to connect the two Kones in series for an 8 Ohm load.

thank you for pointing me in the right direction, Antipodes!

Is anyone able to point me to an easily digestible guide to help me understand all the wattages and ohms, in relations to speakers and power amps. I am but a simple man and wish to refrain from blowing my gear up.

I have an unpowered rack unit and I’m considering one of the SD powerstages and either placing 2 Kones or F12’s into a Port City 2x12. I’m leaning towards a stereo rig in order to take advantage of my TC Mimiq. Speaking of which, has anyone used their KPA and a Mimiq in conjunction by any chance? I’ve used the Mimiq through my DAW with surprisingly convincing results. LOVE that double or triple track sound ?.

Anybody try Matrix power amps, while I’m asking?

Welcome, congrats, etc, etc. Have 30GB of Godzilla movies on the storage device myself. Good luck with the Kemper. Take your time and enjoy the ride. Minimal tweaks on dials can produce nice results.

Godzilla Vs Kong cant come soon enough! ?

Great sound and overall production Goji54 , some pros were involved for mix and master I guess... great songwriting as well which to me is actually the more essential part. Very nice stuff, thanks for sharing :thumbup:8)

Correct! The EP was recorded and mixed at VuDu Studios in Port Jeff, NY by Frank Mitaritonna, who’s done a lot of work with Yvette Young as of late and was mastered at Rogue Planet by Mike Kalajian. Very much appreciate the compliment!! I’ve been egging Frank to make some Kemper profiles, along with Mike who owns the studio. Only time will tell if I can make that happen.

Was there a prerequisite to only post stuff we recorded/mixed/mastered personally? If that’s the case then please forgive my stupidity.

Done exactly that works a treat love it

closed, open or ported? Thought I read somewhere that the Kones benefit from ported cabs, but that could be completely anecdotal.

Edit: I don’t see anything about the Kab being ported and since I would assume Kemper knows best, it’s probable closed back is the way to go.

Was resesearching the F12 and the Kone recently. I’m hoping Kemper will put the Kones up for sale on Sweetwater here in the states. I’ve been dancing around with the idea of sticking 2 kones in a closed-back third party cab. Anyone do this yet and if so, what’s your verdict?

My old band when I had time to spare.

The Ghost & The Crown - Self Titled EP

“In Memoriam” is my baby, but a lot of friends seem to be quite fond of “Lily”. Guitar solo on “Amongst The Willows” is pretty tasty IMO. EP also available to stream on Apple Music, Spotify, etc.

Let me know if you’re digging it ??. Constructive criticism ALWAYS welcomed.

What’s going on, everyone?

30 something New Yorker here.

I’ve been a guitarist for close to 20 years, I’m a wannabe rock star/audio engineer and a self-professed Godzilla connoisseur.

Migrated from my beloved Mesa Boogie Roadster & TC G-System to something a little more compact and convenient in July 2019.

I haven’t really had much of an opportunity to take a deep dive into the Kemp since the purchase date(I became a father around the same time). Fortunately as of late, I’ve been slowly acquiring a bit more free time these days and I’m looking forward to pulling as much knowledge out of my fellow Kemper enthusiasts on these forums as humanly possible. Stay safe and rock on ??.