Posts by ajbsmirnoff

You can also try an alternate technique. Hold the pick between thumb and middle finger, extend your index finger and touch the string ahead of the pick as you pluck. Where you touch changes the harmonic which rings out. There's way less of the plucked note, but the harmonic is clearer. Makes playing The Attitude Song riff super easy.

An example would be Digitech Freqout on a daisy chain with drive pedals. The FO is a small computing device putting near constant noise to ground which..... can appear in the audio signal of drive pedals if in the same daisy chain. If the power supply is stressed (or the wall wart is starting to fail) the noise gets worse.

My drive pedals are all powered by one Caline style semi isolated 'daisy chain in a box'. The Frequot is powered by a completely different power supply - making for no noise.

Some digital pedals with time based effects can make clock noise / ticking noise which can appear if daisy chained - my Tardis drawer (all digital) - if I switch everything on (RV500, DD-500, RE-2, Dimension C, Mimic, MD-200, Freqout, and a Whammy located on the floor......and set the RV and DD500 to run dual presets..... the RV-500's tap tempo starts appearing as noise on the signal chain.... switch one thing off.... and its gone. The power supply is clearly nearing its load limit - not normally an issue as it sounded awful.

I'm planning on gradually upgrading the power delivery in my rack.

The Space Echo is crooked. I don't like crooked pedals. :pinch:

It is. Its trapped between cables and such. The MD-200 is slightly crooked too - its cables push it crooked. The whole rack is pretty much at its carrying capacity.

I need to make my rack either 2 or three 'u' and at least one drawer 'taller', and around 10cm deeper. It'll be a good project for when the weather gets warmer.

Cool.

I wonder what Ola thinks.......

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Living room rather than gig.

If you can play music (as opposed to just guitar) through it - its FRFR. (regardless - you'd be switching the 'cab' button on or off to suit what it was.)

It also looks great - the styling of the Spark - and this speaker - is just right for me.

Could be a lower cost entry into a Kemper friendly speaker.

So. My birthday present to myself is a Boss DD-500 and an MD200 (both used as I'm a cheapskate')

Its going to be tight - but it'll all fit. (gold analogue delay is a placeholder for the MD-200)

The MD-200 is on still the way. but the weekend is going to be spent with dual SDE 3000 models in stereo fed from the ADA MP-1 profiles.r

I'm also going to move to the solderless space saving patch cables. Eventually.

Interesting effect of pedal order.

Earlier researchfound:

TC Mimic stereo output into Dimension C (also stereo) - Wide and lush....... Working together and making a nice sound. Very nice.

Dimension C into TC mimic. The gods of phase cancellation confiscate the nice bits of the sounds leaving a thin weedy trembling remnant.

Weekend playtime findings

Putting an analogue delay (a home made Deep Blue Delay clone 'frinstance) infront of the Mimic/Dim C is also 'very nice' works well. The 'degraded echoes' seem to make the sound 'even bigger'. Looking forward to feeding a pristine digital delay into this mélange.