Posts by ajbsmirnoff

I also partly re-cabled my rack to get rid of some noisy cables, and add in a new pedalboard powersupply to one of the drawers. There's one per drawer now, separating the drive pedals from the digital pitch pedals and the 'very well behaved' Boss pedals. This has lowered the noise floor (pitch devices are great at picking up noise and shifting it to be even more irritating) noticeably.

Deep joy !

The GP-10 is very decent as a guitar to midi device. As its to usb-midi, its got an advantage over my Terratec Axon AX-100 which needs a Roland UM-one cable to get your guitar midi into NI Kontackt.

I do need to do a back to back comparison of the RE-2 and the DD-500s space echo.

I do like the inbuilt delay of the RV-500, it makes the reverbs more interesting. The menu system isn't too bad either. I like this pedal

In addition to buying an oddly shaped purple guitar. I've also had a minor Boss pedal buying spree.

A (used) Boss GP-10 for my 'guitar synth device' collection. Takes a 13pin midi guitar signal and triggers guitar and amp and fx models (its a decent multiFX for regular guitars), synth tones, alternate tunings, acts as an audio interface and midi note (over USB). And it runs on the same power as a drive pedal. Doesn't have a regular midi in or out socket which is a weird oversight considering all of the stuff it can do.

A (used) Boss RV-500. I'd like to try a DD-500 (to get some dual SDE mojo going on) and RV-500 combo. This is the start of that plan. Till then, it'll live in my rack's 'Time' drawer with the other Boss goodies. So far (after one evening with it. Its got some great reverb sounds. I do like a good Hall or Plate reverb, and this has very good ones. Can it do a 'Big Sky / Cloud' sound. Very nearly. Its odd that Boss don't make an RV-200 to fit in with the other XX-200 range. But the XX-500's have regular midi sockets, which is a winner for me.

I think it would be interesting, I wonder how 5" speakers and wooden enclosure add to the sound. I might test it against my THR30II (3.5" speakers), once it's available somewhere around.

The sound difference between those two 'in the room' in that video would be enough for me to make the jump from the plastic box to the wooden box with the bigger speakers.

So. My youngest daughter is now taller than me. While my wife and daughters were visiting family in china this year, I redecorated the house and moved the bedrooms around. She's now got a much bigger room, and my old mancave is now a bedroom.

And this is now my 'guitar and videogame' room. Its also as small as it looks.

My collection of Playstations is on a shelf under the desk.

WITH a 2 story guitar case rack !!!

The wall of guitars is maybe overkill, I'm planning on rotating guitars out of the cases onto the wall every couple of weeks. For variety.

I live near a great guitar shop. I pass it every day. Which is a clear and present danger to my wallet

This was in their used/2nd hand area.

Yes its a complete ripoff of a Str*b*rg.

BUT It has outrageously good fretwork, and has shown me that I would almost get on very well with a Strandberg. [starts saving up]

'Hello, I'm Johan Seg-e-born...................'

JS makes great videos, and he rates the Lead 12 too. Over, and over again.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Baseball cap, ear defenders, and big cabs !!