Posts by Chalky

Yep that makes sense, good call, there's a padlock icon in the Amp window in the Performance mode which doesn't appear anywhere in the Browser mode ... but where's the button that turns it off .. I expect to see a soft button option but can't see anything relating to a lock in the 4 Amplifier pages in Perform Mode

Thanks Zappledan but it's not that because when I re-assign the PS from the Browser I get the same change of Amp .. for example I have a PS called Hocus Pocus which uses Marshall 800 as the core amp, but when I import that PS into a slot inside the Performance it has changed to Orange Rock Reverb ... in fact EVERY amp in ALL my performance slots has changed to Orange Rock Reverb. Either this is a bug or I have done something daft.

Hi

All of a sudden the relationship between Browser and Performance modes has changed... when I play a preset in Browser all is well, but when I play the same preset imported into Performance the Amp model has changed - same PS name, now with a different Amp model - in fact the errant same amp model seems to crop up as a default in other Performance slots ... I cannot see how that can happen so I guess I must have pressed something. I've read the salient bits of the manual and searched for similar issues to no avail.

Grateful if anyone can help.

Hi, I have a piece which requires 6 seconds of a chord slowly rising in pitch (think the intro to Comfortably Numb); hitherto i've used a steel slide to do this but it is always awkward to grab the steel, fit it, then put it down. So I reckoned surely there's a way of combining the Morph feature with the Pitch and setting the time to 6 seconds...?? BUT, after many attempts I am thinking 'Stage cannot do it.

So before I revert back to the trusty steel does anyone know whether this can be done? :?::?::?::whistling:

Hi, the LED Buttons and Collars on my 'Stage are way too bright, but when I adjust the System / Brightness for the buttons and collars, the settings don't remain saved and I find I have to re-set every time I turn the thing on. Am I missing something?

Thanks all :)

Hi

I have two questions today, both worth ten points:-

1. The LED Buttons and Collars are way too bright, but when I alter the System / Brightness for each, the settings don't remain saved and I find I have to re-set every time I turn the thing on. Am I missing something?

2. I seem to find it easy to inadvertently save a performance not realising the destination has changed, and hence overwriting another .. start again... grumble grumble.. and so the old adage of backing up, which I do using Rig Manager and saving the BUP file to my Mac. But if/when I overwrite a performance and need to restore back to where I was, how do I do that using the saved file ... I think the answer is you cannot use Rig Manager and you have to use the USB stick, but i'm not quite sure and so would be grateful if someone can clear that up for me.

oh ... someone asked about bags the other day, I just bought a bag which does the trick well .. go to Amazon and plug in Gator GK-2110 Gig Bag For Micro Controllers

Thanks all :)

I have tried most “amp modelling” units, from the 1999 kidney bean to modern derivatives … these were fine in certain situations but not in others, especially lacking in the quality of the cleaner and just clipped tones, and importantly they generally lacked the feel and response of a valve amp under the fingers in the live context, and I kept reverting to my valve amps.

Kemper Stage looked irresistible and I took a punt on it, and after 14 days (being the return date deadline) I can say that this is the closest I have encountered to a decent valve amp, and given its ‘live’ intuitiveness and sheer flexibility it is definitely tonally and tactilely a leader in its space.

No, i’m not going to be one of those people who say they have got rid of all their valve amps just yet, but yes.. this is a serious bit of kit that sounds great, is easy and swift to operate in battle, and leaves you feeling happy, rather like a good amp does. I can think of many bands I have been in where this would have been a life saver. Well done Kemper!