Posts by Guitar guy

ugh, no dice on any of these solutions. even reinstalled firmware but it didn't work. Kemper support plz help

Well it was worth a try. Did you re-install the same version OS or did you try installing the prior/older version? Seems there has been quite of few write-ups on the 7.2.2. I'm running the 7.1.22 for what it is worth as I like running 1 or 2 versions prior until they get all the quirks out of the latest OS. I would think Burkhard would be all over this. He usually is pretty quick to respond based on what I've since on past forum postings. I see he gave you a suggestion, but no follow-up.

Thanks for the suggestion- problem is I can't boot into my kemper at all, it crashes on boot screen. It's essentially unuseable right now. Support contacted me with a suggestion but it didn't work so waiting to hear back.

Sorry to hear that definitely sucks. Hey I did a google search on Kemper crashes and came up with this interesting webpage which offers different solutions.

https://www.soundside.de/support/KPARecovery.htm

Just trying to help you out, but understand I've not used this site before so no guarantees. But coincidentally, it does mention the corrupted file issue that I came across. It might be worth a try .... be careful!

You need to turn the Autoload function off before you select that rig to delete it. Otherwise the Profiler will try to load it and then crash.

Thanks so much Kemper Support #1 (sorry I didn't catch your name) that eliminated the problem. I kind of wonder how this happened in the first place (i.e. corrupted "MB" file). But I guess it doesn't matter since the Kemper is working fine and not locking up anymore after I was able to delete the suspect file.

I recently upgraded to OS 7.1.22 which I did to only take advantage of the new rig file formats and now the unit locks up while browsing rigs. I believe I've isolated the issue. Every time I browse the rigs whether with the buttons or browse knob if I happen to land on the rig MB - Guy Ton V30 B3, it locks the screen with the attached error message and I have to re-boot the unit. So I suspect this rig file is corrupted and I don't recall ever loading it myself. Only problem is I can't figure out a way to delete the darn thing because once I try to scroll to it the unit locks up. Anyone else having this issue? Is there any other way to delete this one rig file while on the Kemper? I'm not using rig manager software and don't have a laptop. Thanks a bunch!

P.S. I had this same problem when I first bought the Kemper and I found a post stating that certain firmware loads had a corrupt file and that loading OS 6.0 would fix the issue. It did and the Kemper was trouble-free until I just recently loaded this OS 7.1.22