Posts by zero71

I think you are saying that in the MyProfiler window of RM the columns for ratings and favourites aren’t visible. Every area in RM can have its own custom view parameters. With MyProfiler selected right click on the column headers and you should be able to select whatever information you want to have showing.

Wheresthedug thanks for responding.

What I am asking is this:

In the MyProfiler section I have 60 profiles installed. As I've gone through them I've tagged some of them as Favorite, I've rated some of them 1 to 5 stars, I've added comments to some of them. So all the profiles in MyProfiler have tags updated as I'd like.

In the Local Library, those same profiles, that were dragged into MyProfiler do not get any of those tag updates applied. RM treats those as a copy and appears to have no link between those and the profiles in Local Library. There appears to be no way to sync the two. I can't even replace those in Local Library with those from MyProfiler, so I can get the updated tags in Local Library, as RM pervents that because they are duplicates. If it gave the option to replace those in Local Library, that would at least allow for manual sync of tags.

I think the only solution is to find each profile one at a time in my Local Library, delete it, then copy the updated profile over from MyProfiler back to the Local Library. That is terribly time consuming, and will have to be repeated again and again as I continue to update my tags. Is there really not a simpler way to do this? If the Kemper kept a unique ID against each profile to identify it, then it could sync tags automatically.

If this were an iPod for example, and I'd tagged a bunch of songs on iPod as favorite, then connected it to my PC or Mac, all those songs in local library would have their tags updated to reflect the changes made on iPod in iTunes. It did that 20 years ago. It's basic functionality, and it appears to be missing entirely in RM?

So I have a bunch of rigs on my Kemper, and have rated the ones I like 5 stars, and tagged them as Favorite. In Rig Manager I can see those ratings under MyProfiler. However all the rigs in my local library do not have that meta data updated. I can't drag the rigs into my library to replace the ones that are there, thereby getting that meta data, because it complains its a duplicate. Is there a way to replace rigs in my local library with those in my kemper, or a way to sync the tags? Surely I don't have to go through one rig at a time and delete from the library so that I can re-import it from my Kemper? Isn't rig manager able to sync the meta data of a rig on my kemper with one in my library? That seems like a basic feature that we've had since MP3? Any tips?

That is beautiful. Eggle used to make some fantastic guitars back in his factory days but I believe his work now is on a whole other level after his years spent in the Appalachian Mountains studying flattop acoustic building with master luthiers.

Thanks. It is the nicest guitar I've owned, and I've owned way too many. It's got a lovely worn through the finish neck and lovely flamed maple binding. But the way it plays and sounds, I wish I'd played one sooner, would have saved me a small fortune.

So back in 2019 I sold my Axe FX 2 to fund an FM3. Fractal delayed the unit a year, so I ended up buying a KPA Toaster to tide me over. Took a while to find profiles I loved, but when I did, I had a blast with it. Mid 2020, my number came up for the FM3, so I sold the KPA and placed my order. And it was fine, it was fun, it sounded good, but for the past 18 months I've been tweaking and tweaking and I always almost happy. I kept thinking about the Top Jimi Lee Jackson '74 Plexi that I loved so much on the KPA.

Fast forward to today and I just swapped my FM3 for a similarly aged KPA Toaster. It booted up with an And44 SRV profile that I didn't love, then went into update mode for a good 10 mins or so. I sat there nervously noodling through that profile that I didn't dig until it cut out as the update started to write. 15 mins later, I loaded up the LJ High G12M profile, and whoaaa that's what I've been missing. So good. :D

So New Used Profiler day. :D I'm so happy I kept all my profiles from 2020!

Don't you mean the Definition control? Clarity really only affects dirty sounds. Definition is what gives the amp a more vintage sound (0-5) and a more modern or brighter sound (5+). Different pages, but same soft-knob.

I might do - I'm 400 miles from home. Just googled the amp section, indeed I do mean definition.

I think folk have more or less said this, but you really need to treat a profile as a snap shot. Don't adjust the gain very much, and use as little eq tweaks as you can get away with (think of the eq as the sort of post eq you might apply at the desk rather than amp). Then find a profile that works for you. I found most of the stock profiles unusable, to the extent that I almost returned the Kemper. I also found that the majority in the rig exchange (the few I tried, so maybe I'm not being fair) don't work for me either. For dirty sounds, TopJimi and some MBritt profiles really excel - my favourite being the Lee Jackson and SLO profiles from TopJimi for dirty, and a TAF for clean, slight break up, and crunch. If the profile isn't close immediately, move to another.

It helps to listen to some of your favourite recordings first to get your ear tuned to recorded tracks rather than aiming for the amp in the room.

Coming from the Axe FX 2 XL to Kemper, I'm really happy with my tones, very amp like, and less tweaking. Just don't expect to be able to make more than minor tweaks to gain or eq without losing some of that authentic tone. Also, in the amp block, look at the clarity control - increasing it can make an amp sound brighter, thinner, and harsher, decreasing it will do the opposite - sometimes a small tweak here is all you need before digging into eq and presence.

As paults says, you need to drag them over to your Kemper, to the My Profiler/Presets folder. Then on your Kemper, when you are in a particular FX block, that preset will show up under the presets in the right hand column. Of course, most of these are already on your Kemper as factory presets.

I picked up a couple of new toys (and traded out a couple of old toys) within the last couple of months.

Suhr Pete Thorn (Mahogany neck/body, maple cap)

Anderson Drop Top (Alder body, roasted maple neck,maple cap)

Just received my quad momentary switch from Bright Onion pedals. It's pretty awesome. They've set the rear buttons higher than the front to make it easier to switch, they are nice silent non click switches (though clicking is an option). You can customise the labels when you order.

I've currently got it set to switch delay on and off, drive (stomp C), fx (stomp B), and M is on morph but I may use it for MOD, hence M.

Only £50 shipped which I thought was pretty good.

I've had an alarming number of green screens of death in addition to the weird lockups. Never had any such problems with my Fractal. Hoping this all settles down with RM3 eventually appears.

Yes, me too. Headphones is all I use and have no issues. Used Sennheiser HD6xx with both Stage and Toaster. Not easy to drive but totally fine and plenty loud on both. Like 30% volume is loud enough. They definitely sound better on the Toaster but were fine on the Stage. I do turn off pure cab and leave the space at default 3.

All my practicing is with headphones. I use several different types. I find Kemper’s headphone amp to be leagues ahead of most others. Very powerful and clean and great stereo field.

You may have an actual problem.

No. I copy it to a new location so that kemper and rm are in sync, then reorder the slots. Then delete the old one.

I've had weirdness with performances too. Sometimes it all gets out of sync for whatever reason - where what's on the Kemper and what's in Rig Manger no longer match and no amount of changing and saving fixes it. What I found that does work is copying and saving the performance to a new slot, which gets both back in sync. Delete the old performance. Update the new one either on Kemper or RM after that. Also find that copying and pasting profiles between slots rather than dragging to re-order is safer.

I've had a few occasions where I've powered up my Kemper and there's been no sound. Twice this week. Each time required a reboot. Have also had it hang several times this week (I think always connected to my Mac by USB, though the Mac wasn't always powered on). Once it was just really really slow, so slow it looked like it hung, until I disconnected my Mac then it was back to normal, Mac wasn't even awake. Not sure if these are just life with a Mac connected, OS7 issues, or my Kemper - I'm new to Kemper and have only had it a couple of weeks.